Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #31
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vodafone ?????

tried vodafone wireless internet, was sometimes ok, and sometime slow, like 5k a second, they cancelled it no problems.

Before that I was with optus for a few years, still in contract for wireless interent. Service was great but became worse and worse, they happily canned that too, as they knew in my area the service was getting worse due to more volume and they were not going to upgrade towers for many months.

Now am with Telstra bigpond adsl2. Heaps better! Costs a bit more though, but more data etc.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #32
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a Vodafone pre-paid mobile. Reception is rubbish, absolute zilch 3G coverage at Stradbroke Island and very limited in regional but well developed townships when mates beside me with their Optus mobiles work perfectly. I rarely rely on mobiles and the reception is okay where I live that's why I haven't changed provider.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #33
Hood-G6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine is rubbish too. Forever dropping out mid conversation.

For sale

ADELAIDE FG OWNERS
Hood-G6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
basteve
real aussies drive aussie

I was with 3 and it was a useless waste of money. They offered vodaphone but i did not fall for this. Two years of frustration. Never again. I feel for you. But this is a very bad situation. Both 3 and vodaphone should be held accountable because they fail to deliver a service and thus the contract should be void. Obviously that cant be un done but i can now annul there interference in my life. What a waste of money these guys are. They are legalised robbers.
basteve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #35
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was with Vodafone for just over 2 years up until december last year. I didn't have any issues with phone calls, but the data network was utterly useless - in inner Melbourne. I changed back to Telstra, and usually find its best to switch the wifi off on the handset when at home as the Telstra 3G network is faster!

I think the bulk of the ex-vodafone customers have moved onto Optus now, which is causing their network to suffer. My girlfriend has been on Optus for years and it was perfectly fine, but just recently has been getting worse.

You get what you pay for. I pay $59 a month for a Samsung Galaxy on Telstra and the service is faultless. Shame about the phone though...
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #36
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I switched from Optus pre-paid to Vodafone post-paid. Biggest mistake but at the time the prices were good but now you pay for crap service so no surprise I gave them the flick when my contract was up last week and joined Telstra.

I got the HTC Velocity 4G on $59 cap. Telstra is very competitive these days.

I pay less and get more and best of all I have reliable service. With Vodafone it would switch 3 bands in the CBD!

Now I get 4G constantly in the CBD. 33mbps down 23mbps up last I checked :

Last edited by MITCHAY; 23-03-2012 at 05:21 PM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #37
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Coverage? Vodafone, Virgin etc use the Optus network. I use Virgin ATM, as does hot wifie.

My understanding is Optus are to shed jobs, and reduce vulnerability in AUS.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #38
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Since Ive gotten married the wife and I have moved out to a more Rural area next to Warragamba Dam in NSW. We had nothing from our mobiles from Voda and our cable internet wasnt cover by Optus out this way. We canned both contracts no worries and have a bundle pack with Telstra. Optus was easy done. Since cancelling with Voda, for the past 7 week my wife has had to call them advising we are not paying the new bill they sent us as it has been cancelled by them due to not being able to forfill the service requirments in our area. Now on Wednesday they sent us texts messages saying please pay your bill or legal action will follow....

Roughly 10 calls have been made to them including the inital cancelation of the plan and each time they say, no worries, we will cancel that now. Sorry for the headache then something else pops up...

Not impressed at all.
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #39
blk6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy
I'm with Optus, rang them to ask why I have very bad service at my house and they said it's because of the distance to the closest twoer being quite far. They sent, free of charge, a signal booster which hooks on to my modem at home and now I have full 3G all the time at home. Happy with that customer service I must say.

I'm not fussed with 3G at home as I run a wireless router, the thing that annoys me is crappy 3G network out of home, especially when your paying for data download that you cannot use.
Old 23-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #40
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I switched from Optus pre-paid to Vodafone post-paid. Biggest mistake but at the time the prices were good but now you pay for crap service so no surprise I gave them the flick when my contract was up last week and joined Telstra.

I got the HTC Velocity 4G on $59 cap. Telstra is very competitive these days.

I pay less and get more and best of all I have reliable service. With Vodafone it would switch 3 bands in the CBD!

Now I get 4G constantly in the CBD. 33mbps down 23mbps up last I checked :
4G is pretty bloody quick, i have the same.
Old 23-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #41
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Even NextG is good I get 11mbps down and 1mbps up. I downloaded the Ice Cream Sandwich update and it's pretty good and barely much to fault. Connectivity options are awesome.

Hopefully it will still be awesome when the exodus of Vodafone customers eventually join :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #42
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
4G sounds like the future of mobiles, I look forward to getting a 4G phone one day. However, is the coverage the same and do existing phone towers have to be upgraded?
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #43
superfly
Go the Hogster!

My missus is with Vodafone and at first data coverage seemed to be pretty crap but since then they've done upgrades and she now loves it.

I went from Optus to Telstra and so far I haven't noticed Telstra being any better than Optus.
Old 24-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #44
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was with Orange from 2002-2006, and still with Three.

I am always being offered a deal from Vodafone because I'm what they call a 'valued customer'.

Funny how when I last upgraded, I had to question why a brand new customer (with no history - potentially a bad customer) gets a new phone for free, $50 free credit and a sports or news pack FREE, while a customer with Hutchison for 8 years has to pay $3 a month for the phone (on top of the call costs) and nothing else...

Their business model made me feel ignored and unappreciated. All feedback I provided was met with a generic, almost automated response, so I'll provide my own response by moving on to Telstra shortly.

I am a big fan of the adage, "you get what you pay for".

Sometimes, it is worth paying a little extra for something a whole lot better.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #45
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

72 hour letter of demand arrived a day before my invoice was even due...advising me that since I had not responded to their communication (I got a bill...that was the only communication).

I switched across from Vodafone to Telstra - I never got an overdue notice in the whole time I was Vodafone (7 years). For the last two I had to stand on my back deck to make phone calls at my house (despite living on a hill).

I was fine with Vodafone until this happened...and as a result of how I was treated after being a 'loyal customer' (they seem to throw that word around a lot)...I'd never go back to them, ever.

I can now sit inside my house and talk on the phone, with full coverage. I can drive from work home without it cutting out, I pay less per month, and I'm happier. My cap with vodafone could never be fulfilled because I could never get the service...oh, and with Telstra phone being part of a business plan - I get to speak to someone inside Australia if I have a problem...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #46
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

i was with Crazy Johns for two and half years just switched back to Optus just resendly i'm so glad i did i had so much problems with them, funny thing is, you see all these vodafail adds saying we are getting better but they are still the same,
Old 24-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #47
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
i was with Crazy Johns for two and half years just switched back to Optus just resendly i'm so glad i did i had so much problems with them, funny thing is, you see all these vodafail adds saying we are getting better but they are still the same,
Isn't Crazy Johns on the OPTUS network anyway?
Old 24-03-2012, 11:28 PM   #48
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6
Isn't Crazy Johns on the OPTUS network anyway?
No they using Vodafail they complely different
Old 26-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #49
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I will NEVER go back to Vodafail!

It took three months to get out of my contract because the service was so bad. It's a breech of contract on their side, so I wanted out, but they offered me free unlimited use for 6 months. I accepted. I lasted one month. Even free phone bills couldn't keep me.

During my cancellation the phone dropped out 5 times! I was furious.

They they tried to send me a bill for $500 to get out of my contract. I hit the roof and contacted the ombudsman. They backed down immediately and released me.

NEVER AGAIN!
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #50
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Seems Telstra is having some issues here aswell, im struggling to get 3G atm its been going for a week now. Anyone know of any issues?
Old 26-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #51
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Seems Telstra is having some issues here aswell, im struggling to get 3G atm its been going for a week now. Anyone know of any issues?
Lol, just saw your post on the Telstra 24x7 site.
Old 28-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #52
MarkAW

Kept getting annoying calls from 3 to switch to Voda. The contract is up in about 2 months time - can't wait - sionara 3.

What really stopped the annoying calls was when they asked about recording the call I refused to allow this - haven't had a call since.
MarkAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #53
Hood-G6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rang voda yesterday and they said they wil investigate the coverage issues and have cut my plan payment in half as a "gesture of good will".

For sale

ADELAIDE FG OWNERS
Hood-G6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #54
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Push them. I got 2 months free service because I complained about the terrible coverage.

Tell them some ******** story about how you got a flat tire but didn't have a jack, so you tried to call someone but couldn't because you had no reception and you were late to work and got reamed... I dunno, make something up.

I also got offered no exit fees, so once my 2 months free is up I'm out of there.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #55
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Lol, just saw your post on the Telstra 24x7 site.
Yeah seems it has improved, but as i posted earlier its 10 fold better then vodafail EVER was and it isnt even operating to its capacity.
Old 29-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #56
russxr67
I hate ricers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always seems to post good advice and is pretty helpful. 

I had reception issues the moment i switched to Vodafail as well. I lasted about 8 month's all told. They ended up giving me 3 month's worth of free calls and promised that upgrades were being made in my area.

it never happened so once the 3 month's was up I contacted them and requested that my contract be terminated because of poor reception. I managed to get out quite easily and have now switched to Telstra. Could not be happier.
russxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #57
EATHSV
Oo---oO

You guys thing Vodacrap is bad up there..... come to Tassie. may as well use a cup and string! I went to Telstra three months ago and am also paying out my Voda at the same time. WORTH IT

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #58
hawker

Vodafone are all talk - no matter where you are. I was with them in Darwin and again in Canberra. Same story all the time: "we're moving into that area / we're working on better coverage in that area / should be in place in the second part of this year / should be in place next year / should be in place before 2015"...

I live semi-rural (near Yass) and I'm on Telstra for my phone (only ever drops to 3 bars) and I'm with iinet (using Optus) for mobile broadband (can't get ADSL where we are). And that's at full receiption. Although I am using a bigger antenna.

I always thought of Telstra as the bad guys, sure they still suffer from big company syndrome (outsourcing etc) but they're a lot better these days.
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2012, 02:22 PM   #59
Werd.
nou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Coverage? Vodafone, Virgin etc use the Optus network. I use Virgin ATM, as does hot wifie.

My understanding is Optus are to shed jobs, and reduce vulnerability in AUS.
Vodafone don't use the Optus network.. they use the Vodafone network.

Optus is pretty good where I live, only at Sydney Central I get reception but no data flow, i think I can live with it all things considered, $12.50/mo for 5GB data and $500 calls.
Werd. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #60
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
yeah copping the same crap here (central coast), have 3G but slow to load pages.
or simply times out.

and ppl ring and my phones engaged, wtf
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post