Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #31
Belial
Clevo Mafia Muscle Man

Default Re: Defected!

Get a chrome air filter with the hose barb on the base.

I just gave a few away, sorry!

It's funny how I have been driving the Pig, arm hanging out the window and covered in tattoo's and Police drive past, they give me the nod, I do the same and then they motor off!

Age and attitude can be a bonus!

Daily
FPV GS Manual Sedan. (1 of 20)
now 360rwhp thanx to Blue Power Racing
"Global warming..." " I'm doing my part!"

Also a member of the Clevo Mafia.
You hit me, we hit you!
&
Metal Jacket Muscle Car Club
Belial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #32
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Lizzard
How do you determine a 2mm difference in track with a tape measure by the side of the road? Parrallax error reading the tape is bound to give a measurement error range of greater than 2mm.

Also, not sure what the rules used to be, but currently (in Victoria) inceasing the track up to 50mm on the rear is allowed.
they only need to doubt the legality of a vehicle to defect it, due to noise, leaks or mods etc.

sorry i didnt explain it too well before.
my cars track was 2mm wider than the maximum that was allowed
i remember when i took it through the inspection back then, you could only widen the track by 25mm.
im not sure if it has changed here though.

these days you are expected to have an engineers report and regency approval of the mods , and carry copys of the paperwork in your glovebox.
even then the officers can say, well obviously you have changed it since...

i try not to attract attention to myself when driving now.
and my car is kept in good working order too
i havent been defected since the 80's, knock on wood...

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I haven't had any police attention yet and I'm a P plater, but I drive a small white girls car and I try not to do anything that would give someone reason to pull me over.

Though, its been lowered, has a cold air induction kit (which is held on by cable ties ) in the last week and I've got a set of 18x8" Mondeo XR5 wheels coming on Monday, so I'm hoping I don't get more than a glance from the police now, lol.

If they wanted to be real picky, they could probably get me on the 100W spoties, they're only supposed to be 70W and be mounting at some particular angle to meet ADRs.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 17-03-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #34
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
pottery beige ,when they stop doing stupid things like breath testing hospital staff as they leave work!!!! RBT just down the road from my hospital!! and they breath test staff leaving !! what a waste of money!! then they might get my respect.
About 2 years ago they set one up right outside the Police Academy and randomly selected recruits for breath/drug tests.
I can't see the big deal with it.
There's plenty of people who drink on the job, nurses/ Dr's included. And dont tell me staff don't take something from the medicine cabinet to get through their shift. I have the utmost respect for hospital staff, they have a job to do just like coppers, working bad shifts and putting up with the rabble and poor pay.
Build a bridge...
Old 17-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #35
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they should set up more RBT's...the more ****heads off the road, the better.

Back to the mods...no, police aren't mechanics, but they aren't idiots either. They suspect something is illegal, but they're not sure, they send you over the pits. They won't just take your word for it and let you go.
Read the ARD's carefully, and you'll be surprised what you can get away with. And there's nothing sweeter than being pulled over and inspected and having nothing wrong with your car...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #36
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

That's the thing, I've had my car inspected twice in QLD, the last time being over christmas, and not a thing was said, then as soon as there is a large car meet in town I get done by the NSW police for everything under the sun.
He tried telling me my new seatbelts didn't retract far enough, when they are NOS Ford belts and that was as far as they went up :\

Did modify a standard air cleaner to fit my Holley just yesterday ;O

What I don't get was that he was getting me for things using "It wasn't on there when it came out of the factory" He completely missed my MSD ignition system, Holley carburetor, inlet manifold, RED LED'S POINTING OUT OF MY VENTS! (I really don't know how they missed those hah)
He also called my fuel pump a "Fuel filter", being a Mechanic and bit of a cheeky bugger I was tempted to correct him on such a simple error just after he had done this big rant on my car :\

Ahh well, character building!
Old 18-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #37
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Double post
Old 19-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #38
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess it comes down to bad luck.

a couple of cops a month ago pulled me over and where probably going/trying to defect me for anything they could find (fortunately they found nothing, there was nothing to find) told me to keep safe and have a good night.
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #39
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
Did modify a standard air cleaner to fit my Holley just yesterday ;O
Hope your car doesn't get tetanus from that air cleaner;)
Old 19-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #40
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
i still do.. 99% of the po po you get no trouble.. treat them with respect.. dont make their job hard and you will be surprised what you can get away with.....

dont forget.. there may be that time in your life.. it will be them that you call..
Oh god no, Not sure where you live but the Cops here, you cannot respect them, besides the new rules of "Target P platers, they are the cause of accidents on the road", I have given the cops no reason to ever come after me besides owning an XR6, I have always treated them correctly, speaking to them formally, got away with nothing, they've always tried to do me for whatever they can, and that's how it's always been since I've started driving.

I can't respect someone who only treats people they pull up as all the same, rude, vulgar and refuse to co-operate, because that's all they expect from me when they pick me up and that's how they treat me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I haven't had any police attention yet and I'm a P plater, but I drive a small white girls car and I try not to do anything that would give someone reason to pull me over.

Though, its been lowered, has a cold air induction kit (which is held on by cable ties ) in the last week and I've got a set of 18x8" Mondeo XR5 wheels coming on Monday, so I'm hoping I don't get more than a glance from the police now, lol.

If they wanted to be real picky, they could probably get me on the 100W spoties, they're only supposed to be 70W and be mounting at some particular angle to meet ADRs.
Haha, nice work, but don't hold your breathe.

As to the OP, you have a pretty nice car, but I would expect more attention, not many P platers in this town at least, drive old muscle like that.

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #41
mytgxl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You get your good & your bad cops, their not machanics but just remember they are the law,(some think their god) so don`t get smart with them or things could just get worse (**** cavaity search) Just say I just brought the car & play dumb with some oh & r`s is that right officer & it tends to cut off alot of other questions they were going to ask & at the end just smile & say have a good day officer! Let karma take care of him later!