Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #31
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NuFord Dealer Service experience

Only Ford service departments have the computer equipment to update the ECU etc. Have the car serviced elsewhere and this cann't be done. I have never had problems with Southside Ford, Brisbane. maybe I have been lucky!!!!
Old 29-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #32
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Hmmm,this forum amazes me....You can bag out a Ford buisness on here but not another buisness thats affected someone imo worse off????

I find the more you are able to get the impression across you know a thing or two about cars it seems to result in normal prices/service times.I have gone in before a bit blarzay and the difference was night and day,almost laughable.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
The moral of the story is that Ford have a lot of work to do with their dealer network and despite years of unsatisfactory service from many dealers, Ford haven't even made a start on it.

Yes it is repetitive sometimes to hear the same stories about Ford service, but apparently not enough for Ford Australia to do anything. Instead of turning on those who are clearly frustrated by that experience with the dealer network, perhaps a more constructive move would be to use the collective power of the members here to draw a petition to Ford that says in a nice way that they need to pull their finger out and start looking after their customer base. Turning on members of the forums ultimately is not solving the problem, but exacerbating it.

Just a thought.
Last year I had a shocking experience with a dealer when buying a Focus for the wife. It was an easy enough process of negotiation till time for collection, and the dealer to make good on their verbal promises (which are as good as a written promise - I don't care what anyone says).

Anyway, at first the dealer didn't want anything to do with it. A firm 5 page letter to Ford head office very quickly got the ball rolling. Meetings soon happened with the dealer PR person to work out how they can best make me happy.

We came to an agreement. I got 90% of what I wanted (promised) and was happy. It did take 2 months of letters, calls and meetings to get it but. One of those issues was servicing related. Why did I need to make a complaint, start a thread on here regarding my issues and have meetings and phone calls to solve the problem? This is something that could have been kept 'in house' IMO.

Having said that, I feel there is very little follow up to these issues. I wouldn't have got the ball rolling had it not been for the intervention of the head office. Why it had to go that far is beyond me.

My sister is looking to buy a new Focus very soon. I have already told her what dealer to NOT go to. I have also insisted that I go with her during the negotiation process so she doesn't go through what I went through.

Don't they get it's happy, satisfied customers that keep the dollars rolling through the door, and them employed?
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #34
Spammy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747

I find the more you are able to get the impression across you know a thing or two about cars it seems to result in normal prices/service times.I have gone in before a bit blarzay and the difference was night and day,almost laughable.

When I explained to my local Ford dealer that I was a Mechanical Enigneer and he was using the wrong grade oil, I suggested he check the service bulletin -he just told me go away and find some proof.

He then rang me and told me to have a read of the owners manual because it's always correct. So I did and guess what - it recommended the grade I suggested, not the grade he was using.

So I took the owners manual in to show him...he looked sheepish and asked if he could take a photo copy of the page to show his boss.

Where do they find these guys?
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #35
05_ENFORCER

Where do they find these guys?

In the spare parts bin

Old 29-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #36
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Last time i got my ford serviced at a ford dealership- It cost around $ 500 no big deal i thought, until i looked at the price of the oil! It was $150. I rang the dealership and asked why- They said that they had to buy the oil of spare parts, and they only stock the 1ltr top up bottles hence the price. HHmmmm ok never went back.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #37
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak81
Last time i got my ford serviced at a ford dealership- It cost around $ 500 no big deal i thought, until i looked at the price of the oil! It was $150. I rang the dealership and asked why- They said that they had to buy the oil of spare parts, and they only stock the 1ltr top up bottles hence the price. HHmmmm ok never went back.
Same dealership- when i first bought the falcon thought i would take it in there to get a check, they said i needed around $ 1500 in suspension bushes done, got another mechanic to look, and what do you know nothing needed getting done.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #38
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got plenty of Nuford stories like being told my old BA XR6 (non turbo) had a performance engine therefore the service is more expensive and also required synthetic oil as per the factory.

However, i've had many problems with other service centres, wifes Getz had a pulsing/scraping noise from the right rear wheel under brakes. I knew front rotors were warped hence the pulsing. Independent service centre said it was the wheel bearing and required a new rear suspension upright, $360 + fitting.

My (mobile) mechanic neighbour looked at it, deglazed rear drums, machined front rotors + replaced front pads and it was sweet as, $200 all up.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #39
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by teak81
Should have paid in 20c pieces......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #40
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Thumbs up Re: NuFord Dealer Service experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Should have paid in 20c pieces......
Haha,im filing this one for a rainy day.Thats gold!
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post