Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #31
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Damage on car after pickup

On Monday morning I got on our Flexi quote system and I quoted the car up and have the process in place to go through my own insurance. Out of the blue the guy that had been working on the car called in and said that he had asked around (as the yard is shared by sevral busness's the main gate is locked at night) he was 100% sure that the damage didnt happen in the carparck outside the yard on the thursday avo. He admitted the damage had happned while in his possesion he reckoned there was sombody in the yard early on the Thursday morning. how had been hanging around the car, and had been startled by other workers form an ajacent busness. He said to send him the quote and depending on the price he may go throught his insurance or as his insurance excess hight he may pay cash. Now why on earth the car was left outside I dont know. I kinda feel bad as his story tells me he didnt do it directly. But is he just trying to make me feel like that? On the other hand I do use him for all our rad's a/c condensers, and a/c de gas re gas. He relays on our work as a majority of his busenss. So again mayb he thought it was in his intrest to look after me. The result is the car is going to get fixed win.
But I can see it form the other view. as we to get people trying to say that we have damaged their car while we have been repairing it. When we know we havent. We have now started when the customer drops the car of. taking them out and going over the car with a condition report and we both sign it agreeing on all the marks dents and scratches on the car before they leave.
Marquis 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #32
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am a small business owner, unfortunately too many customers are liars, to the point they get aggressive and this usualy spells out they are liars.

The worst case I was exposed to was a lady claiming, not only had we used 3/4 of a tank of fuel and clocked up 700km's in he car. She had abused my assistant manager, but I wasn't going to put up with that.
I took the next call and promptly pointed out her claim on the fuel and K's clocked didn't add up and then I smacked her between the eyes with two recorded, one insurance other photo of her odo on the cars arrival.

In your case, I feel you've guilted your supplier into fixing the damage.
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #33
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis 351
On Monday morning I got on our Flexi quote system and I quoted the car up and have the process in place to go through my own insurance. Out of the blue the guy that had been working on the car called in and said that he had asked around (as the yard is shared by sevral busness's the main gate is locked at night) he was 100% sure that the damage didnt happen in the carparck outside the yard on the thursday avo. He admitted the damage had happned while in his possesion he reckoned there was sombody in the yard early on the Thursday morning. how had been hanging around the car, and had been startled by other workers form an ajacent busness. He said to send him the quote and depending on the price he may go throught his insurance or as his insurance excess hight he may pay cash. Now why on earth the car was left outside I dont know. I kinda feel bad as his story tells me he didnt do it directly. But is he just trying to make me feel like that? On the other hand I do use him for all our rad's a/c condensers, and a/c de gas re gas. He relays on our work as a majority of his busenss. So again mayb he thought it was in his intrest to look after me. The result is the car is going to get fixed win.
But I can see it form the other view. as we to get people trying to say that we have damaged their car while we have been repairing it. When we know we havent. We have now started when the customer drops the car of. taking them out and going over the car with a condition report and we both sign it agreeing on all the marks dents and scratches on the car before they leave.

From what you have written, the business didn't damage the car at all...Some lowlife not attached to the business in question did the damage.

Why was it outside....Mate, you've got to remove a car to get the next one in.

If you doubt what this business owner has stated, ask round the other business within the complex and see if his story checks out. It'll show whether he is pulling your leg or not.

If it checks out he is telling the truth, the choice is yours whether you take his offer or not. If it is was me, I wouldn't take his money. So good luck with your decisions

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #34
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax
unfortunately too many customers are liars
Yep, had many experiences confirming that, here's a scenario.

Not long after I'd started my current job I had a lady bring a car in for a service, she made it clear that she wanted the car vacuumed and washed - not a problem as it is something we do for customers vehicles in for service and hers was absolutely filthy.

When she comes to collect the car she immediately "notices" a scrape down the side of the vehicle that was allegedly not there beforehand (the car was so filthy beforehand that you couldn't see the colour, let alone marks/scratches) and flys off the handle demanding that it be repaired, her service done for free etc. On that particular day there were only two people who drove that vehicle - the mechanic and myself so I can say with absolute certainty it was not us, in fact on closer inspection there was rust forming where the paint had been broken so the damage had quite clearly been there a while.

She was politely told that no responsibility was going to be accepted which resulted in her flying off the handle again, stating she would be contacting consumer affairs, badmouthing us etc. Thankfully I've not heard from her since.

Funnily enough though I saw her car getting towed into a smash repairer near us last week, looked like it had hit something hard. I wonder if it had been in somewhere being serviced.....
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #35
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I also relaise in my line of work their are customers that can come to pick up their cars and upon watching the can walk straight up ti a certain damaged area and then walk in and accuse us of the damage. which seems odd that the can sopt it within a second of arival. even tho the damage has been recorded. It gives the genuine people that have had their car damaged a bad name. as most companys will notafiy the customer of any damage or in any panel beaters case will repair it. We had A holden cruze in the other week and er har a repair on 1 of the qtr panels and had to remove the tailight and the rear bumper bar, the bumper bar was damaged on removal. we replaced and painted a new bumper bar for the customer and also made the customer aware of the situation. the customer was very happy wither their new shiny bumper bar and repaired qtr panel/
Old 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #36
deadlywill
Starter Motor

have had it myself with a cracked rear indicator cover that i know wasn't done when i gave it to them. Fortunately i take a few quick snaps on the dig camera before i give it to them as a back up. They denied it - i showed them the snaps and they replaced the part no further questions.
deadlywill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #37
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A car audio company put a big slice in my vinyl hoodlining (5-7cm), never told me, i found it the next day. How could i prove it was them? Now im stuck with a big gash in my almost immaculate interior :/
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
Marquis 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not good TheZHLANE! Update the bloke that has calimed responsabilty has now said that his bussness insurance is being akward and he now cant pay.... I'm feeling a ******** story coming on!!! Its only $1700 to repair!!!!!! Police wont intervean as its a civil mater.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #39
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis 351
Not good TheZHLANE! Update the bloke that has calimed responsabilty has now said that his bussness insurance is being akward and he now cant pay.... I'm feeling a ******** story coming on!!! Its only $1700 to repair!!!!!! Police wont intervean as its a civil mater.

Hang on a minute. One minute you're saying the owner of the business has claimed some feral, not attached to his business has damaged the car, whilst parked up, now your saying some crappy story is on the way by the business owner.

Have you checked with other businesses within the complex to see if the original story checks out?

Before condemning the place, check the story out FIRST, then pass judgement.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post