Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #31
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: Ford Focus LEMON help!!

No dramas with my Sout Efrican Focus.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #32
nosurrenda
Starter Motor

Default Re: Ford Focus LEMON help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
No dramas with my Sout Efrican Focus.
Multiple problems with mine - LX 2010 model

Gearbox rebuild at 1500KM - (shaft bearing, Ford engineer sort of fixed it)
Door panels out of alignment - (improperly fitted at factory, Ford fixed it)
Centre console not bolted in - I fixed it
Loose wiring in engine bay making noise - I fixed it
Vague steering, wandering, loose feel at highway speeds (Ford engineer denies there is a problem, but I suspect a loose tie rod end. It is not alignment related. I am gathering evidence.)

By the way the new ACP laws that came into effect on 1/01/2011 gives the consumer a lot of power - so look it up and use it!
nosurrenda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #33
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Thats a disgusting story, very sorry to hear. I had some problems with my delaer when buying my LV but not to your extent.

Makes you wish you bought one of those 'crappy Hyundais'......

Don't get your car repaired (again), it is either a new car or refund.

Makes you wonder who is Fords worst enemy? The buyers, their stock or their attitude to customers....

Keep us posted on updates.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #34
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Cant believe the difference between the SA Focii and the XR5/ST, i dont mean this in a bad way but my XR5 is on the polar opposite.
Good luck with your car mate hopefully you can get something done about it and enjoy the car for what it is.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

My first LV had trim issues, not being fitted correctly, the second one had a dirty interior, just minor issues, didn't really care but you got the crappy end of the stick.

Go to ACA/Today Tonight.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #36
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my 06 LS is just about to click over 100,000. No complaints!

The only work Ive done on it was wear & tear items like tyres, oil, filters, fuel & replaced headlight globes when one blew.

Mum has a LT, dad has an LS & my uncle has an LS aswell. All of them are running like a charm. So there all not a bad car, I suppose you only hear of the ones built on a monday or friday.

Its just ashame when you pay your money & then get the run around.

Last edited by Neale; 10-07-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #37
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Go to ACA/Today Tonight.

Just say to ford or whoever is giving you the run aroud that you will be going to the media & can you have contact details for someone they can talk to. Maybe it will rattle their cage, if that doesnt work then follow through.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:56 PM   #38
Ford PR
Starter Motor

Ford is aware of the concerns TheFonze73 has with his vehicle and we've been working with the Dealership and our CRC to further investigate these concerns. Our Dealer and the CRC have been in regular contact with TheFonze73 and Ford reps have been seeking to contact him over the last week. Contact was reached yesterday and we're working together to arrange a mutually convenient time for a Ford Australia rep to inspect the vehicle at an Authorised Ford Dealer.
Ford PR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #39
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heh !! Ford do read the Forum!!!
Old 13-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #40
nosurrenda
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Heh !! Ford do read the Forum!!!
Yep, Ford has a mild presence here

In the USA (Focus Forum) Ford is far more pro active, even going so far as providing complainants with a personalised service to resolve their issues. Perhaps the strength of the lemon laws over there might be a factor.
Old 13-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #41
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosurrenda
Yep, Ford has a mild presence here

In the USA (Focus Forum) Ford is far more pro active, even going so far as providing complainants with a personalised service to resolve their issues. Perhaps the strength of the lemon laws over there might be a factor.
Never happen here though, we buy these cars, if you dont get looked after you don't buy another
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 13-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #42
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Perhaps Ford will have the balls to look at my Fiesta? I doubt it. I'm the one who intiated the casguide review of the Fiesta where it was slammed. $10K of rust on a 3 month old Fiesta: plus pinging that Ford can't fix - and there's a truckload of others like mine on the Fiesta section. Ford doesn't have any customer service.

End result?

On facebook.

Will never buy Ford again.

In excess of 300 friends know of my problems with Ford.

Will be selling Fiesta soon before warranty runs out.

Pictures of Fiesta rust will be up on net in days.

Ford needs to remember what rust did to Lancia in the early 1980s.

They have been warned.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #43
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Got any pics of the rust Feista Man69?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #44
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

On my iPhone. I also have the 2 page part replacement list that dale ford wad forced to eventually do (5 months later). I'm trying to figure out how to put them up.
Old 14-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #45
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
On my iPhone. I also have the 2 page part replacement list that dale ford wad forced to eventually do (5 months later). I'm trying to figure out how to put them up.
Dont put them up in this thread.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 14-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #46
nosurrenda
Starter Motor

Meanwhile I'm still trying to convince my dealer that my Focus has a vague, wandering feel about it - they refuse to accept there's a problem. I'm getting a third party to inspect the tie rod ends, and if a fault is identified I'll be using the new ACP laws to force Ford to compensate me for any costs.
Old 14-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #47
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford PR
Ford is aware of the concerns TheFonze73 has with his vehicle and we've been working with the Dealership and our CRC to further investigate these concerns. Our Dealer and the CRC have been in regular contact with TheFonze73 and Ford reps have been seeking to contact him over the last week. Contact was reached yesterday and we're working together to arrange a mutually convenient time for a Ford Australia rep to inspect the vehicle at an Authorised Ford Dealer.
Hi Ford PR,

Great to see you on the forum. Have you ever thought that perhaps, after so many complaints about the way Ford handle customer complaints and issues, that it may in fact be time to step into the here and now and be proactive rather than reactive when it comes to the way you deal with things?

To me it actually seems that the barriers put in place by both the dealers and Ford CRC, as described by the OP, would actually make things more time and cost intensive as opposed to say having the one rep deal with the issue from start to finish ensuring a satisfactory outcome for the complainant/customer.

To me it almost seems as if Ford are about 5 years behind where everyone else is in regards to complaint/issue resolution.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #48
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Hi Ford PR,

Great to see you on the forum. Have you ever thought that perhaps, after so many complaints about the way Ford handle customer complaints and issues, that it may in fact be time to step into the here and now and be proactive rather than reactive when it comes to the way you deal with things?

To me it actually seems that the barriers put in place by both the dealers and Ford CRC, as described by the OP, would actually make things more time and cost intensive as opposed to say having the one rep deal with the issue from start to finish ensuring a satisfactory outcome for the complainant/customer.

To me it almost seems as if Ford are about 5 years behind where everyone else is in regards to complaint/issue resolution.

My thoughts exactly.... I think the buck-passing and difficulty in getting action may be part of the deal, so that most give up.

However, the 'costs' of peeving customers off is far greater.

I can tell you first hand that the dispute resolution process by Ford is amateurish at best. I run my own business, and know that keeping customers happy (and obviously going out of my way to do so) may cost me a little more in time, and perhaps money, but it is an INVESTMENT in the future viability of my business.

Shame Ford don't always see it that way.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #49
crf529

Sales continuing to decline, but customer service a contributing factor? Naaaaa.....
crf529 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #50
Gooze
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonze73
Hi All

I am a new Ford customer. My fiancé and I purchased our first new vehicle earlier in the year. A brand new Ford Focus LV Mk II. We paid for the car with our hard earned savings rather than finance the vehicle. It was the single biggest purchase we have ever made. We had decided to buy a vehicle that we could keep 10+ years and the reason we decided to buy brand new was so that we could avoid any “car hassles” for a number of years.

After doing the research and test-driving the competition the Focus was a perfect fit. Big enough to comfortably take on a long drive, small enough to keep my fiancé happy (as she doesn’t like big cars) and good-looking to boot. Just what we where looking for. I was quite excited to get down to a dealer and buy the car. We headed on down to a major Melbourne based Ford dealer as they had a good price advertised on an LV Mk 1 in white. We ended up being upsold to the latest LV Mk II which had nicer wheels and we could get the colour that we wanted the Sea Grey. We put a deposit on the vehicle and were told it would be 2 – 6 weeks, as we had to wait for the vehicle to come out from the factory in South Africa. Unfortunately we had to drive home in our old beat up 1992 Camry station wagon (the vehicle we were replacing) but we felt good about the new purchase and were excited that a new Focus was on the way.

Regrettably this is where the fairy tale ends…

Here is a brief version of my experience to date.

1. Salesperson NEVER returned any of my phone calls for 10 weeks. If I didn’t catch him I didn’t speak to him.
2. Vehicle finally delivered after 10 weeks not 2 – 6 weeks as told.
3. On delivery, vehicle was dirty inside and out, paint chip on L/H quarter panel, scratch on centre console, scratch inside door handle, break lights felt rough, black finger marks on ceiling front and back and on sun visors.
4. Salesperson tried to conceal paint chip and then tried to convince me that the scratches I could see where not scratches at all.
5. Vehicle had been registered a week before I took delivery and had 74kms on the odometer.
6. I had been waiting so long and I was anxious to take delivery of the Focus as our Camry had finally died so I took delivery after noting the problems that were to be fixed.
7. Salesman said that he would call me that afternoon to book the car in for repairs.
8. I chased the salesperson for 7 days before I was able to catch him and finally book the car in. There was also a loud intermittent clunking sound when taking off in first gear.
9. After returning the vehicle I again had to chase Jefferson Ford for 2 weeks leaving many messages.
10. I questioned that the vehicle had been used as a demo unit and was not presented as a new vehicle. My gut feeling was that this was not a new vehicle.
11. Spoke to Jefferson Ford and was told that the car was ready. I asked about the scratches inside the vehicle and was told that there was nothing that they could do about them, as it was not covered by warranty.
12. I then wrote a letter to the dealer and to Ford motor company expressing my concerns.
13. I met with management who assured me that this was a brand new vehicle in pristine condition. They offered me $500 to compensate me for my troubles so far. I asked for an extended warranty to put my mind at ease.
14. The dealer then offered $500 a 2-year extended warranty and a full body respray which I accepted.
15. When I picked up the vehicle 160kms had been added to the odometer, there was a Melways street directory on the back seat and the petrol was on ½ a tank. I had filled the tank before taking the car in. I really wanted to leave the whole drama behind me and needed the car.
16. At this stage the car had 460kms on the odometer. I had driven 226kms in the 7 days I had the car and Jefferson Ford had driven it 234kms.
17. I thought the worst of it was over and I could put the whole thing behind me.
18. In less than a week the car broke down and refused to start. Also the oil level was below the minimum.
19. The car was towed to the dealer. There was a broken fuel pump and the fuel pump assembly was changed. Also one of the keys had lost it’s programming.
20. Immediately after picking up the vehicle the clunking sound had returned.
21. I took the car onto the freeway for the first time and the car pulls to the left considerably. Also I noticed when opening the R/H passenger door there was a clunking sound as it rubbed against the edge of the driver’s door.
22. When vacuuming the car I noticed that the carpet on the L/H passenger side was really hard and sort of melted. Also I tried to move the L/H front seat back so I could vacuum underneath and the whole mechanism broke. The front passenger seat now does not move.
23. By this stage it had been 13 weeks since taking delivery. I had had the car in my possession for a total of 5 weeks and the dealer had the car for 8 weeks.
24. I am a part time motorcycle postie and one of my delivery points is an Automotive Panel repair shop. I dropped the vehicle past to show him the way the door rubs and to get his opinion.
25. After a quick look at the car he determined that there had been considerable repairs done on the vehicle. I was in shock as I had hadn’t yet had the respray offered by Jefferson Ford. He asked me to leave the car with him to have a proper look and to write me a report.
26. He concluded that pretty much most of the car had been resprayed bar two doors. Problems include, multiple dent removals, paint runs, mottled paint, paint shrinkage, dirt in paint, overspray on panels lights and windows, scratches on windows from were overspray has been removed with a razor blade, broken trim on door, condensation inside indicator. About 30 separate items were found.
27. Other problems include, loose trim below glove box, fabric on drivers seat bunching, a number of different rattles, all 3 keys supplied have lost their programming at some stage, problem with media controls on steering column. The more you look the more you seem to find.
28. I took it to two other panel shops that agreed the car had been considerably repaired and repaired poorly.
29. I have had the car looked at by an independent assessor who is currently writing his report. He has similar findings to the panel shops. About 30 separate items with faults.
30. On speaking to the dealer principal he immediately passed the buck onto Ford Motor Company Australia. I sent him a copy of the report from the panel shop. He said he would immediately send it to Ford. I asked for a senior contact within Ford and he said he would email me the details right away.
31. I called the dealer principal late the next day. He still hadn’t sent the email to Ford or sent me the contact. He said he would do it right away. He never sent it.
32. I rang the dealer principal the next day, and left a message.
33. I got a call from a Ford customer service officer who I had spoken to a number of times (the dealer principal had called him and was asked to call me). He is a level 1 customer service officer. I asked him to find me a senior contact I could discuss a solution with. I told him I wanted to talk to someone who could make a decision on my vehicle as I did not want waste any more time and energy. He said he would get someone to call me at 9am on Monday morning.
34. 9:45am Monday morning still had not received call. I called to see what as happening. I was told that I would shortly receive a call from a supervisor.
35. I asked the supervisor if I could speak to someone senior who could make decisions on a refund or replacement vehicle. She said, “that’s me”. I asked who makes the decision and she said, “we do”. I asked who is “we” and she answered, “the Ford Motor Company”. She said she didn’t have to tell me anything in regards to the process Ford undertakes when determining what to do with the vehicle. I asked her for her contact details and she said, “you will have to call me through the call centre”. She demanded that I take the vehicle back to the dealer the next morning and the call got really intense and I had to hang up the phone.
36. We spoke twice and both times I asked her for a senior contact and she refused.
37. After all my issues the most senior person I was allowed to speak to was a call centre supervisor who only gave her first name and does not have any direct contact details.

It seems that the overall customer experience and customer retention is not a priority at Ford.

The purchase of a new vehicle should be a fun and exciting time but there has not been even a moment of joy within this whole process except for the day we signed on the dotted line.

NO ONE has taken any responsibility for the condition of the vehicle. The dealer blames Ford and Ford the dealer.

This whole process raises a lot of questions as to the credibility of the dealer and of the Ford Motor Company.

What is Ford Motor Company doing to regain my trust and keep my business?
How can a car like this end up in a consumer’s possession as a new vehicle?
How many other people are driving second-rate cars that are unaware of it?
Why is Ford Customer Service being so defensive, refusing to provide a senior contact and showing no transparency within the process?

At this stage all I want is someone reasonable I can talk to that can make decisions in regards to my vehicle and about possible solutions. I don’t think this is too much to ask.

If anyone reading this has ANY contacts within the Ford motor company please contact me on 0433 146 130 or PM me.

Many Thanks
I have just been through almost the exact situation with my brand new 2011 ford focus zetec which i was able to prove had panel repairs done prior to me collecting it. I am on the verge of having my vehicle sorted out now. Ford CRC have done an good job for me so far.
Gooze is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #51
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooze
I have just been through almost the exact situation with my brand new 2011 ford focus zetec which i was able to prove had panel repairs done prior to me collecting it. I am on the verge of having my vehicle sorted out now. Ford CRC have done an good job for me so far.
Good to hear mate, glad you got a new one. Hope you enjoy it.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 20-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #52
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

So how did we go with this one?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #53
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where as I dissagree with dealer bashing, as you never know what is being discussed behind the scenes between factory and dealer, and transporter, and insurance etc, it is still worth while putting the name up.

Only for the reason that others wanting to purchase a car, can see what would occur, should things not go so well. On the opposite side of things, list dealers that have been fantastic when things go wrong, as listed above.

The dealers do read these forums, as do Ford personel.

Only thing I can think of is that Ford are placing a lot of emphasis on this new Focus, as it has to be a winner for them. It's release is imminent.

I would be leveraging off that, by saying it would be a shame to sully an exciting campaign with stories on ACA about a lemon, in the previous version.

On the surface it really looks like they need to sort a new one for you, or give you your money back.

Such a pity your experience, as they are just a great car, and most dealers do a fab job.

Hang in there.
Old 23-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #54
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

half the problem is mass produced cars go through many hands, and imports more so ,
would`nt it be nice if one car company out of the whole lot came out and said due to circumstance beyond our control one car in x amount may be a lemon , if one owner is unlucky enough to get one we will give them a brand new replacement free of charge with the next better class than the one purchased or money back..... our gaurantee,
people would be flocking in to buy them i reckon,
as opposed to one upset lemon owner who gets the runaround that communicates to thousands what a bad run he had with brand x and tarnishes the name of said brand for years to come.
good luck with your car Fonze73
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #55
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What happened to PRE DELIVERY (to customer) checks.
Doesnt the dealer check the car when he gets it from Ford (Fords carrier)

Surely the dealer should precheck and return the LEMON units to Fords... and not have a buying customer determine its a lemon?
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #56
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

A very interesting thread indeed..... I was going to buy a new Focus for my elderly mum, but after reading all of this, we have just ordered her a new Toyota Corolla this morning!!
PHATXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #57
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Cant believe the difference between the SA Focii and the XR5/ST, i dont mean this in a bad way but my XR5 is on the polar opposite.
Good luck with your car mate hopefully you can get something done about it and enjoy the car for what it is.
My lemon was performance Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATXR8
A very interesting thread indeed..... I was going to buy a new Focus for my elderly mum, but after reading all of this, we have just ordered her a new Toyota Corolla this morning!!
I reckon this is something Ford CRC should be told about. Reading this thread, makes you feel sick to the stomach with all the hassles. Plus having been through this myself. But seeing someone who has seen this thread and bought a different brand based on this experience, this is what ford should be told about. That people get no satisfaction from the Ford Motor Company and based on experiences, someone who was ready to purchase, has gone else where. No wonder ford are losing sales. Do they care enough? I don't think so.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #58
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
What happened to PRE DELIVERY (to customer) checks.
Doesnt the dealer check the car when he gets it from Ford (Fords carrier)

Surely the dealer should precheck and return the LEMON units to Fords... and not have a buying customer determine its a lemon?
unfortunately, the qaulity of the pre delivery is very dependent on the dealer and the guys doing the P.D, some places will let the mechanics/apprentices do P.D when things get quite in the workshop, the better equipped dealers have a dedicated P.D section.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #59
Citwit

I always feel that the pre delivery is a rip off. What other product do you buy that you have to pay the vendor to put the product into a saleable condition. It obviously appears that some dealers take the money without doing very much other than the absolute minimum. Its just a way of making the product sound cheaper than it really is. Similar to a Peugeot I looked a few years ago. There was an advertised price but on enquiry that price was without air condtioning (and pre-delivery of course) and none were available without air unless a special order was lodged with the factory. I am sure that this must border on misrepresentation of the price.
Citwit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #60
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Ford's pre-delivery inspection (which cost over a grand) of my WS Fiesta happened to 'miss' $10K worth of rust - that was discovered less than 3 months into my ownership, and took Ford, after fighting with fair trading for 6 months, almost 9 months to rectify.

There can be no doubt that there are dealers who charge for pre-delivery and don't even look at the car they are delivering, as was my case.

But, it's catching up with Ford. People who have been stung like myself will never buy a Ford product again, they put it all over facebook warning others not to touch Ford's cars, and thus, Ford's sales are plummeting in this country.