Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #31
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: FG Series II, When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
There is a big difference between "in the last 10 years" and "ever"

These were the cars that actually got the following tho...

GEN3 V8 was probably one of the best things Holden ever did, that and sponsoring the 2000 Sydney Olympics!

Its all relative but every year Ford drop a model from the lineup... Next will be the Falcon ute due to ranger!!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #32
Sundeep
Banned

EA went from Feb '88 to July '91 before the EB came out. That's 3 years and 5 months. EB1 wasn't ALLLLL that different. See what happens aye.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #33
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Depends on how long you have been driving....
Let see....for me, turned 17 in December 2004.....so been driving 'solo' since then.

The fact is though, Dash GT specifically stated.
Quote:
Ford has never put a decent V8 in its Falcon range!!
Can you honestly say that Ford, has never, in the history of the falcon, put into it a V8 that was 'decent' for its time?
Old 10-06-2011, 11:00 PM   #34
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Gossip is that front and rear bars will be new, interior trim updated, touch screen added, probably new wheels and colours.

Hopefully they will bring one into the plant so we can have a look at it soon.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #35
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Let see....for me, turned 17 in December 2004.....so been driving 'solo' since then.

The fact is though, Dash GT specifically stated.

Can you honestly say that Ford, has never, in the history of the falcon, put into it a V8 that was 'decent' for its time?
Your being picky....then just say modern history..EB>
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #36
trendkill555666

Thumbs up Re: FG Series II, When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Gossip is that front and rear bars will be new, interior trim updated, touch screen added, probably new wheels and colours.

Well done for getting back on topic
Old 10-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #37
SteveJH

Quote:

Its also been suggested by Brute6 that rear end (of the drive train) will get a rework, possibly including bigger rubber. Or at least that was the conclusion i drew from some of his statements.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #38
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
"F something or other" mayby?
FU would be good
Old 10-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #39
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Its also been suggested by Brute6 that rear end (of the drive train) will get a rework, possibly including bigger rubber. Or at least that was the conclusion i drew from some of his statements.
I doubt that will filter down to Ford product if it happens..FPV need to differentiate as much as they can.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 10-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #40
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
These many who want V8s, why did they not buy the B series non XR V8?
Because it wasnt the boss 260, it was the barra 220. People bitched and moaned about the 260, and you're asking why noone wanted the 220???

Quote:
Why are they not buying the GS? (oh the badge of course....)
The price went up, implying the demand is above expectations... kind of implies they are.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #41
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
That would only concern the FPV range.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #42
SteveJH

Quote:
That would only concern the FPV range.
Wheels sure, but would Ford do an FPV only diff & IRS setup? because Brute6 suggested they were getting a strengthened rear end.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #43
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

There have already been changes to the IRS for the Coyote equipped cars.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #44
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I hope you're right because the wife wants me to change the G6ET to a Terry Titanium asap as it actually works out cheaper then current payments and if no reasonably tweaked FGII arrives soon, my arguement to hang out dissolves very quickly. The G6ET is the first car I've owned that I don't really want to trade-in, yet can't have three cars at home, lol.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:21 PM   #45
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i saw an Eco LPI falcon today on the ring road heading west in the afternoon, not often i have a camera on the console and opportunity presents itself, but a traffic snarl stopped him dead and i wizzed past him with about 50,000,000 cars behind me :( , anyway...........the car was silver, looked like an xt at a glance(but i could be wrong), no different to the norm except for the ECO LPI badge on the boot rhs.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #46
9lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
FU would be good
That's it ! I'm waiting for the update to buy now.....
Old 12-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #47
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Wheels sure, but would Ford do an FPV only diff & IRS setup? because Brute6 suggested they were getting a strengthened rear end.
Possibly, if it was just stuff like bushes etc then it may only be fitted to FPV's. Upgraded strength parts in the rear end sure as hell won't be fitted to XT's or any other NA powered Falcon.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #48
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Quote:
Possibly, if it was just stuff like bushes etc then it may only be fitted to FPV's. Upgraded strength parts in the rear end sure as hell won't be fitted to XT's or any other NA powered Falcon.
From what we know it will be GT only that are getting the upgraded rear ends and wider rubber. No changes to F6.......
And No, the upgraded rear ends don't have a Ford badge on them.

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #49
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Makes sense, Ford would not want to add extra cost to their vehicles when they don't have to.
Old 13-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #50
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Makes sense, Ford would not want to add extra cost to their vehicles when they don't have to.
Meanwhile, i'm off to get the diff bushes replaced on my T again. Gotta love that diff clunk. I guess thats all within tolerances.
Old 13-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #51
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Who said the diff bushes have been touched?

If thats true about the F6 then what a load of crock.....but..let me guess, FPV will want F6 customers to either buy a V8 so they can look like they are getting their money back quicker or upgrade via the new rumored package? Typical.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 13-06-2011, 03:24 AM   #52
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any word on FG2 interiors? Maybe they could leapfrog Holden iQ by turning the ICC screen into one of those pop up jobbies like on an AM Vantage.

I dunno, I hope they don't underwhelm, FG is in dire need of refreshment. Because they are stuck with the chassis hardpoints for the next few years, Ford Aus need to be working overtime on clever details to entice buyers from imports and get them back into the car. Reading what people are saying, the Commodore is suffering none of the problems Falcon is, and that must be because it just appeals to more people. People who want a wagon, for example.

Driving position in the FG has always seemed cramped. I had a mate who was 7ft tall, he could fit in a BF fine but hit his knees on the steering column in FG. Flame if you will, but sales figures don't lie. Also, it kind of irks me that FPV won't match the W427 even with the might of Prodrive. Falcon is plunging into mediocrity IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I drove my dad's FG XR6T& I would overlook all it's niggles because that is my favourite engine, but I don't think FG Mk1 was engineered as thoroughly/innovative as the BA was. If FoA start doing exciting, avantgarde things, they might be able to rescue it.I hope there is some spirit left in Broadmeadows,and they don't just accept the Taurus as our next big car, but then again the CEO is an American.

Last edited by FalconXV; 13-06-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Old 13-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #53
HaLLiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV
Any word on FG2 interiors? Maybe they could leapfrog Holden iQ by turning the ICC screen into one of those pop up jobbies like on an AM Vantage.

I dunno, I hope they don't underwhelm, FG is in dire need of refreshment. Because they are stuck with the chassis hardpoints for the next few years, Ford Aus need to be working overtime on clever details to entice buyers from imports and get them back into the car. Reading what people are saying, the Commodore is suffering none of the problems Falcon is, and that must be because it just appeals to more people. People who want a wagon, for example.

Driving position in the FG has always seemed cramped. I had a mate who was 7ft tall, he could fit in a BF fine but hit his knees on the steering column in FG. Flame if you will, but sales figures don't lie. Also, it kind of irks me that FPV won't match the W427 even with the might of Prodrive. Falcon is plunging into mediocrity IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I drove my dad's FG XR6T& I would overlook all it's niggles because that is my favourite engine, but I don't think FG Mk1 was engineered as thoroughly/innovative as the BA was. If FoA start doing exciting, avantgarde things, they might be able to rescue it.I hope there is some spirit left in Broadmeadows,and they don't just accept the Taurus as our next big car, but then again the CEO is an American.
Doom and gloom much? Whats with all the FG hate on this forum... FG is miles ahead of BF IMHO after owning both I think i have a fair say. Currently own an FG xr6 ute and absolutely love it. Next car will hopefully be an FG2 GT
Old 14-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #54
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

I wonder if we will be seeing any of the next gen Mustang/global Ford car stuff materialise on the FGII?

The GT500 mule that has been spied at the Nurburgring yesterday allegedly has Control Blate IRS and "Virtual Pivot" front suspension...I wonder where they got that from. The source also stated that this "new" control blade IRS had coilover shocks and were mounted well inboard on the control arms to minimise the size of the wheel wells.

I wonder if any of these little revisions will appear on FGII to 'validate' them in a small market before the pony car hits the world stage?

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 14-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #55
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

'these little revisions' are actually fairly significant in terms of engineering and manufacturing. no chance we'll see them in FGII.
Old 14-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #56
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When will we see the FG Series II? When we're about 18 months away from seeing a new model, and Ford AU is stuck with a bunch of FG bodies they need to move. Enter a new set of wheels, a new lip kit for the G6 and some higher quality spark plugs.
Old 14-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #57
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLLiS
Doom and gloom much? Whats with all the FG hate on this forum... FG is miles ahead of BF IMHO after owning both I think i have a fair say. Currently own an FG xr6 ute and absolutely love it. Next car will hopefully be an FG2 GT
Im with you mate..FG is all over my BA and streets ahead of tha AU i had before that (and still regulrly drive old Mans AU).

I had two FG Xr6 Sedans rentals (Both time Hertz had an SV6 for me but made em swap for Xr6) - brought a workmate back from Sunny Cst to Brisvegas - he could not get over the ride, power and interior of the 'Coon and is a self proclaimed lover of the VE.

Some little tweaks externally, new ICC, small mods to cluster..great
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Old 14-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #58
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
When will we see the FG Series II? When we're about 18 months away from seeing a new model, and Ford AU is stuck with a bunch of FG bodies they need to move. Enter a new set of wheels, a new lip kit for the G6 and some higher quality spark plugs.
September/October.

Old 14-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #59
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaLLiS
Yeah you could really smell the hatrid from my post eh. Just listing some ways they could improve it, I said its a good car and I love it, but mentioning any FG flaws and all of a sudden I'm a hater. If it appealed to more people sales would be healthier, and there wouldn't be hundreds of them sitting in Broadmeadows inventory. I love the FG, but thats just the facts. It's not all that it could be.
I just want to see it adapt with the times a bit more and get a fighting chance . Just have to see what happens I guess.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #60
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FG is pretty much perfect as is, just needs a bit of a styling/equipment update.
Closed Thread