Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #31
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Which one? If it is the BP near the copshop that is just his usual price.
Thats the one, I thought his prices seemed a bit higher than normal thats all.

When you are dead, You don't know that you are dead
Only those around you know you are dead.
It's the same when you are STUPID!!!
Jestr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #32
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

i noticed that today too
1.38 for unleaded?
He's bloody dreamin' :\
But People do go there i spose.
Old 13-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #33
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its been $1.33/ 35 here since school holidays....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 10:59 AM   #34
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you forgot the new BP at airport, he had 18000litres of diesel last night and only ultimat was dry ,he had more fuel coming from Bundy today as well, also the caltex had fuel delivery from Gladstone yesterday,,you blokes should get out a bit more,
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 11:02 AM   #35
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

George at Gallahawks is usually about 2 cents a litre more due to BP having Police contracts
Old 13-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #36
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
you forgot the new BP at airport, he had 18000litres of diesel last night and only ultimat was dry ,he had more fuel coming from Bundy today as well, also the caltex had fuel delivery from Gladstone yesterday,,you blokes should get out a bit more,
damn, never even thought of that BP. My car only runs on ultimate though so I'm just running on empty forever lol

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #37
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFORDNUT
Yeah I had most of my mates head out there when he had about 1000 litres of Ultimate left to grab the last bits!
All the servos are seeming to close at around 9pm. Everytime I finish work, non are open except the one on the esplanade.

Oh and if you guys need milk. My friend who works there told me they have milk. One per customer tho.
Old 13-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #38
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
Yeah I had most of my mates head out there when he had about 1000 litres of Ultimate left to grab the last bits!
All the servos are seeming to close at around 9pm. Everytime I finish work, non are open except the one on the esplanade.

Oh and if you guys need milk. My friend who works there told me they have milk. One per customer tho.
The major reason why there is any problem at all it the incredible panc mentality.

No petrol.....quick, fill everything up including the lawn mower so all of a sudden the scheduled weekly fuel sales are quadrupled and they run out.
Petrol is bloody expensive to have sitting in a hole in the ground and it goes "off" ratger quickly, especially 98ron.

Bread & Milk, again panic buying of 10 loaves when you usually buy 1 will quickly deplete stocks as will grapping 20 litres of milk.
Such things have a very short shelf life and are delivered in regular loads so if you buy it all there will be none until the next scheduled drop and when the roads are cut in some directions it takes longer of will cost a lot more to get things here so waiting a day or two can save a lot of money.

Just reading through the various threads showing some of the panic and "end of the world" mentality shows why this happens.

I have lived through many floods, cyclones, fires, storms, power blackouts, droughts, fuel shortages, beer strikes etc. etc. as have many other people.

Just relax, be safe and do what you need to do.....it will all be over in a few days and we can eventually get back to normality.

Yes the deaths are tragic, but no more tragic that those killed in the bush fires or on the road or in that mine in NZ or anywhere else....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #39
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The major reason why there is any problem at all it the incredible panc mentality.

No petrol.....quick, fill everything up including the lawn mower so all of a sudden the scheduled weekly fuel sales are quadrupled and they run out.
Petrol is bloody expensive to have sitting in a hole in the ground and it goes "off" ratger quickly, especially 98ron.

Bread & Milk, again panic buying of 10 loaves when you usually buy 1 will quickly deplete stocks as will grapping 20 litres of milk.
Such things have a very short shelf life and are delivered in regular loads so if you buy it all there will be none until the next scheduled drop and when the roads are cut in some directions it takes longer of will cost a lot more to get things here so waiting a day or two can save a lot of money.

Just reading through the various threads showing some of the panic and "end of the world" mentality shows why this happens.

I have lived through many floods, cyclones, fires, storms, power blackouts, droughts, fuel shortages, beer strikes etc. etc. as have many other people.

Just relax, be safe and do what you need to do.....it will all be over in a few days and we can eventually get back to normality.

Yes the deaths are tragic, but no more tragic that those killed in the bush fires or on the road or in that mine in NZ or anywhere else....
EXACTLY RIGHT.
good advice as usual flappist
Old 13-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just been advised officially that the Bruce Highway is now open all the way from north of Gladstone to south of Gympie (which actually means Brisbane) so make sure you hoarders eat all that bread and drink all that milk.

I will but my box of ammo back in the safe
Old 14-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #41
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Friggen panic buying loons.
Even at Capalaba which is in no way flood affected, the servos started to shut down today, selling only gas. I did manage to find 1 after passing 4 with all the prices down, so that i could fill my truck and excavator up in preparedness to go west next week to assist clean up. Bit worried i wouldn't get any i told the servo operator, to which he replied, thats funny because ive got enough diesel for nearly 2 weeks!
I suspect there may be a rationing system that is being put in place after this disaster because to add to the fact that ships carrying crude can't get up brissy river at the moment, the caltex refinery here blew up their only operating boiler just before new years! Should be operational by next week hopefully.
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #42
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Does anyone know if there is any bp ultimate around? I need to go to Brisbane tomorrow and since I was all relaxed the other day and didn't go out panic buying it I don't have any...

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Old 15-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #43
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry can't help you with that one. If there is none in the bay might be worth a phone call to Torbanlea BP on the highway there, to see if they have some. Its not too far out of the way if you are desperate.

Old 15-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #44
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or the BP in Saltwater Ck or Ferry, the one in Granville does not carry it. Or try one of the vortex 98s.

Had to laugh at a moron woman at woollies trying to return for refund the trolley full of bread she panic bought during the 24 hours we were cut off as it is going stale now.

They said NO.......and she get all upset, stupid cow.
Old 15-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #45
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Had to laugh at a moron woman at woollies trying to return for refund the trolley full of bread she panic bought during the 24 hours we were cut off as it is going stale now.

They said NO.......and she get all upset, stupid cow.
She for real? I suppose the next stop was the service station because she did not use all the petrol she bought either!

Old 15-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #46
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Think I'll just have a ring around tomorrow and see whats about I think will be the easiest way. I was going to go through Torbanlea since I heard the Lamington Bridge was going to be closed for a couple weeks but there seems to be another way through there to get out to the highway if its still closed

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Old 16-01-2011, 12:39 AM   #47
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz
Think I'll just have a ring around tomorrow and see whats about I think will be the easiest way. I was going to go through Torbanlea since I heard the Lamington Bridge was going to be closed for a couple weeks but there seems to be another way through there to get out to the highway if its still closed
If both of the maryvegans have no 98 then track to Maryborough, right at pallas, right at walker, left at cemetery, bruce highway.

BPs at arborten, south gympie & forest glen.
Old 16-01-2011, 12:42 AM   #48
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go right up Pallas st at edge of Maryborough near sportsmans club then turn right into Alice st,and go past golf course to highway and turn left onto Bruce hiway
Old 16-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #49
kenz
BOSS Pilot

cool cool, thanks guys. Sounds easier than I thought it would be

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote: