Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-11-2010, 12:32 AM   #31
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Just wondering from some of the comments here. Can I get out of vodafone contract if I get no coverage at all for at least 150km of my journey every month. To me that is dangerous. On one trip I only had signal in 1 town. I drove 1300km with no signal at all, yet when I had telstra no worries what so ever.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #32
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I think I have been on Vodafone for atleast 6 years and I have had no complaints with their service. I have never had to ring them in that time and I live in the middle of no where. It sucks for you guys in the majors not getting any service.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 01:19 AM   #33
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

The words 'Vodafone' and 'service' do not belong in the same sentence. And don't even get me started on their stupid over-the-phone recharge service.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vodafone is ALWAYS the cheapest.

How can you spend money if you never have any coverage.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 04:17 AM   #35
fmc351
let it burn

While Im currently experiencing a few issues with service on Vodafone, in places Ive always had service, like Naddis01 in the past god knows how long, Ive had very little reason to complain.

Telstra charge BMW rates, and deliver a Commodore. Vodafone might only deliver a Camry, but they charge for an i30. You wont improve competition, if you willingly choose the overpriced pseudo monopoly. According to Exetel, it costs them 4 times as much via Telstra to route an sms, than it does to route it through from Aus to Europe and back to Aus.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #36
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's great saying other carriers are cheaper, but what is the point if your phone will not work?

I been with telstra all my life, recently changed to voda, can't wait to go back to telstra, it's like going back in time 15 years.

It's no easy task to upgrade the coverage, it would take a decade for voda to catch up to where telstra is today.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #37
AD07

[QUOTE=EDfutura25]Just wondering from some of the comments here. Can I get out of vodafone contract if I get no coverage at all for at least 150km of my journey every month. To me that is dangerous. On one trip I only had signal in 1 town. I drove 1300km with no signal at all, yet when I had telstra no worries what so ever.[/QUOTE

If the Voda map shows coverage & you dont get it where you are supposed to, then they have breached their contract.
Lodge a complaint with the TIO & should be able to get out of your contract without any exit fees.
Vodafone are GARBAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!
AD07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #38
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD07

If the Voda map shows coverage & you dont get it where you are supposed to, then they have breached their contract.
Lodge a complaint with the TIO & should be able to get out of your contract without any exit fees.
Vodafone are GARBAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!
That's not correct, they only have to provide coverage at your billing residence believe it or not. The only reason I got out of the contract was the area I had trouble in I was told had 100% coverage and specifically asked about this when signing up.

On the flip side, when I went back to Telstra 3 weeks ago I received a letter saying I can cancel my contract no questions asked any time in the first month if unhappy with the service.
If Vodafone offered the same many people would be walking away in the first month.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #39
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think that you might find that some of the issues of bad coverage might be due to the amalgamation of voda and 3

we have had a few issues of service with 3 here in Geelong over the last week or so and when we called 3 about it they told us that they are re-programing the towers of both networks ( voda and 3 ) so that they can both be picked on any of the towers but they couldn't give us a time frame as to how long it would take

not to sure if that is part of the problem up your way but thats what they told us

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #40
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
I think that you might find that some of the issues of bad coverage might be due to the amalgamation of voda and 3

we have had a few issues of service with 3 here in Geelong over the last week or so and when we called 3 about it they told us that they are re-programing the towers of both networks ( voda and 3 ) so that they can both be picked on any of the towers but they couldn't give us a time frame as to how long it would take

not to sure if that is part of the problem up your way but thats what they told us

Jason
doesn't 3 run on the old telstra GSM 2100mhz network??
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #41
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Angry customers set to sue Vodafone

taken from ninemsn web site

Quote:

Angry customers set to sue Vodafone

Vodafone is facing a potential class action following complaints from thousands of Australian customers angry about the telco giant's network performance.

Sydney law firm PiperAlderman has set up a website to seek out Vodafone costumers who would like to form a class action lawsuit about calls dropping out, reception issues and poor data performance.

"This is not what Vodafone customers signed up for," the law firm writes on the site.

"Vodafone, however, has continued to charge customers on its mobile plans, without providing the service it promised."

Piper Alderman says the class action would seek to recover losses suffered by Vodafone customers over the past three years, plus interest.

It says customers may be entitled to compensation if they were "misled into signing contracts or if the telco did not live up to its end of the bargain".

"There will be nothing to pay unless you successfully recover compensation," it adds

Thousands of angry customers have already shared their complaints on social networking sites and on a website called Vodafail.com.

The website's founder, former Vodafone customer Adam Brimo, has collected a torrent of complaints from disgruntled customers on the site.

Though Vodafone could not be reached for comment on Monday, its chief executive Nigel Dews issued an apology on the company's website to customers over its "recent intermittent network issues".

"Having customers who are happy with their service and their network experience is central to us, but unfortunately in recent weeks, some customers have had a disappointing and frustrating experience which I am very sorry for," Mr Dews said in the statement, dated December 21.

He said Vodafone had recently announced plans to significantly upgrade its network

wonder if it is going to include 3 customers now that they own 3 as well

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #42
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try changing your handset network settings from 3G to 2G, it may improve your Vodafone experience. If your using data you will need to flick the phone back to 3G.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #43
pulpist
nope!

Happy Vodafone customer here.

Never had a problem with them or their service.
Must be a Queensland thing
Old 27-12-2010, 03:25 PM   #44
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

never had a prob in 7 years, currently on iphone 4.

vodafone i reckon will do the right thing as well, their customer service is pretty good in my experience.
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #45
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPete
Try changing your handset network settings from 3G to 2G, it may improve your Vodafone experience. If your using data you will need to flick the phone back to 3G.
While I'm not rubbishing the idea, as I've found it to work, it's something you shouldn't have to do. You sign up for a particular service, if they can't deliver this they have breached the contract.

When Optus were upgrading down my way, I had to drive 4km away to make or receive a call. So I rang and asked what was going on and they told me it was an upgrade. They gave me a rough timeframe (two weeks) so I gave them a month. After that I rang them and had the contract cancelled and didn't have to pay anything as they couldn't deliver the service I needed, the only thing I payed out was my handset which I was happy to do. (Believe it or not I went to Vodafone and save since gone back to Optus)
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #46
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

yes i have i'm with Crazy John currently using Nokia N8 , been have bad reception for a while plus drop outs especially in my area,
Old 27-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #47
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpist
Happy Vodafone customer here.

Never had a problem with them or their service.
Must be a Queensland thing
Yep no issues here either and im in QLD.
I did have issues earlier in my time with Voda hence my first posts in here but for a while now ive had none
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 06:39 PM   #48
321Go

Was with Vodaphone, changed to 3 about a year ago after issues with reception. Thought now that 3 and Vodaphone are working together that Vodaphone's reception issues would be better, but guess not. Example, was at the old's on Christmas day and recieved few MMS/SMS from other family members who sent as multiples (same SMS sent to many at the one time). I always recieved the same message about 5-10 minutes earlier than Dad did.
321Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 07:21 PM   #49
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm still getting random dropouts with Vodafone.... I'm under 500m from the tower too!
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #50
321Go

The Vodaphone issues has just made the 6:00pm news.

ps: I should have mentioned in post above that Dad's with Vodaphony.
321Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #51
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

poor reception is what you get when you pay rock bottom prices. I know telstra is expensive ( and far from perfect) but compared to the others the reception is in a class of it's own
you get what you pay for

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #52
rodderz

I changed to vodafone from telstra last year to get some better deals, wished I hadn't in the long run. The nokia n96 I upgraded to was an absolute piece of crap, always dropped out, froze, restarted etc, but the reception wasn't very good and the guys at work on voda also had similar issues.

Both the missus and I decided to ring voda to pay out our existing plan and get an iPhone 4. They kept informing us in phone calls and at shops that the waiting list for that phone were 10,000 long and couldn't do it. We found out that they were still selling iPhones to new customers but not existing. A bloke at a phone zone shop went into bat for us to voda and told them they have no good service for existing customers, he had 2 new phones to sell us then and there but wasn't allowed.

So Xmas eve we went and got our account number and went back to telstra for the same money on a similar plan. The reception up here in rocky is full strength whereas voda was virtually nothing.

These iPhones are great too, I should of upgraded months ago!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2010, 03:02 AM   #53
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On Vodafone, have been with Vodafone since 2002.

Not a complaint ever. Have not noticed service issues ever, let alone lately.

In fact, it is outdoing my Telscum work phone, which IS having reception issues, and has been for the past 3 months.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #54
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I have been getting drop outs, delayed and non sent / received messages for a while now as are a lot of my friends and family.

I bought a Pocket Wifi thingy for my mum for Chrissy to get her online. The map shows that where they live had good reception (Southern Highlands NSW) and I asked the sales person to confirm this in store. He assured me that anywhere a mobile would work the internet would work....

Anyway, I activated and set up the device the day before at my place closer to the city, worked fine.

Got to their place, and it had minimal to no reception, even after placing it in the place where a phone would get full reception. I ended up downloading about 5mb in my whole day!

Called them the next day from home, said they were experiencing 'temporary coverage problems in that area yesterday'... said to go back there again and if it happens again call from the place.

Fast Fwd 2 weeks. Same problem, no / minimal reception. After 1 hr of stuffing around with settings on the phone they agree to refund the product and place a note on my account.

Getting a refund in store took more than an hr as well as All-Phones requires paperwork, not just a verbal say so...

I got her a Telstra one the next day, and works a treat.

Another thing that is annoying with Vodafone is their ridiculous customer service system. If you talk to it, it eventually gives you an option for a call back but if you decide to press the numbers for the menu, there is no call back option and you can be on the phone waiting for an hour like I have done on several occasions in the last few weeks.....

The ONLY reason we are all still with Vodafone is we all get free calls amongst ourselves or on long term contracts.

Will see what happens with this class action out of curiosity.... I think for it to work you would need to keep very detailed records of the issues you have been having, as well as the cost it has incurred on you.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #55
rodderz

I was on hold for about 30 mins a few weeks back so I took the call back option, the next day I get a phone call from a pre recorded message saying I am in the queue and put me on hold again!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2010, 12:20 PM   #56
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm with Voda, have had some call drop issues while at home and slow data between home and work. though speed has increased greatly over the past week or so.

They are aware of the issues: http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/new...etwork-update/

I can't really say that Optus or Telstra are any better really,
While Telstra's NextG network is good, anything billing related sucks, it seems like it is way to complex, im not sure which and doing such things as attempting to change plans or change names on accounts causes massive headaches that i've seen take MONTHS to get fixed up. The network just isn't worth it.

As far as Optus, well I'm not sure why there isn't any uproar about Optus's network, it's much worse than vodafones for speed and call drops around here...
Old 28-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #57
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I was on hold for about 30 mins a few weeks back so I took the call back option, the next day I get a phone call from a pre recorded message saying I am in the queue and put me on hold again!
Myself and the wife went for a drive last week, around 90-100 minutes worth on the road.

Decided that was a good time to make the customer service call. Called, went through the system to get a call back 'between 19 and 30 minutes'.

After 40 minutes she got a call back. Got the recorded message to say she will be spoken to shortly.

She hung up after 37 minutes of continuous ringing.

She then called back, did not take the call back option and decided to wait in the line to be spoken to.

She got talking after about 28 minutes of waiting.

She finally finished her phone call when we pulled into our destination, some 1hr and 40 minutes after the initial call.....

What a joke......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #58
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've used the call back option twice in the last month, both times got a call within 5mins and went straight through to someone.... So it does work!
Old 28-12-2010, 07:41 PM   #59
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Benn with voda for about 6 months and reception is crap in general when compared to Optus, and was with Optus for 5 yrs and changed to save some coin but BIG mistake.
Old 29-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #60
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Three and Voda are in partnership now. I am very unhappy with 3 at the moment.

I've been with Hutchison since 2002 (Orange-->Three) and despite being a steady customer who has paid his bills on time for 8 years, they did not give a flying fruitbat.

When it came time to renew, I noticed that NEW customers get $50 of credit, a free sports or news pack, and a free phone.
As an existing customer, I don't get a sports or news pack, I don't get $50 of credit, AND I had to pay $3 a month extra for the phone ON TOP of my cap.

I spent an hour on the phone talking with Sri Lankans or Indians about how stupid their business plan is. Their respose was, 'we are trying to entice new customers.'

I made the point that that's fine, but your new customers are not paying the bills NOW, they may not be reliable like I am, nor have they been a customer for 8 years.

It took me an hour but I eventually got $50 credit, the phone for free, and a sports pack.

THEN they charged me for the sports pack ($2 a month) when it should have been free.

They're a bloody circus. For me, the fact that despite being a customer for 8 years they could not care less is a major concern. There is enough competition in the telecommunications market for me to take my business elsewhere.

I did write to 3 Customer Care and was told that they would improve that aspect, but they won't. Making profits short-term is more important than taking care of customers and keeping them satisfied.

A lot of people bag Telstra, but keep in mind that these international companies are feeding off the infrastructure that Telstra has to maintain.
Telstra isn't perfect, but get on to an Australian and they're damn good. It's the international employees that are a pain in the backside.

So in about 18 months when my current contract finishes, I am very likely to change my mobile provider because I am grossly unsatisfied with Vodafone-Hutchison. They're just pathetic when it comes to customer service.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post