Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #31
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootster
i didn't see the lap times sorry....but the one on top gear was struggling to maintain top speed....
What speed are they limited to...i don't think the are...the f6 limited to 250km...so it would struggle with lap times...
Neither of them would get to 250kph at Calder.... im pretty sure the V8SC's are only hitting about 260kph there...

Old 06-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #32
burnz
VFII SS UTE

arnt all ford limited to 215~218 i seen somwhere??
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #33
rootster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
are you talking stock F6's?... thats about 50rwkw higher than standard..

and 280rwkw is about right for 375kw at the motor... from my rough calculations
Fords sand bagging the turbo range...to sell V8's or for warranty reasons with the there drive train....
Some of the numbers the fg turbo's are running speak for themselves.....fg xr6t STD 12.89 fg f6 12.54 is some of the numbers i've seen...
I own an fg xr6t will be putting it a dyno soon....but the ones that have been on are between 240-250rwk
rootster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #34
Kawasakirider

Well the guy owns trawlers and servo's so he's obviously worked for his money. Good on him I suppose... I'd rather invest it and make more... Then buy a ford
Kawasakirider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #35
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

When will people realise dynos are merely a tuning tool,we dont race them.that 427 would tear another @#%$hole in a new F6,sorry dont mean to be rude.It would win on torque alone in any situation.Unfare to compare the F6 to the W427 i think,two different leagues.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #36
rootster

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
arnt all ford limited to 215~218 i seen somwhere??
my fg is limited at 230km
Old 06-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #37
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fords sand bagging the turbo range...to sell V8's or for warranty reasons with the there drive train....
Some of the numbers the fg turbo's are running speak for themselves.....fg xr6t STD 12.89 fg f6 12.54 is some of the numbers i've seen...
I own an fg xr6t will be putting it a dyno soon....but the ones that have been on are between 240-250rwk
1/4 times are largely irrelevant for a car like this, so are dyno sheets, its real measure is lap times, its designed to be driven and steered.... HARD and FAST.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:36 PM   #38
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
my fg is limited at 230km
Cars are limited to save costs of upgrading brakes ,suspension, tyres so what ever way you look at it its still not as good.
The f6 will come close to the w427 on a drag strip . But that was not what it was built for it is a road legal track car . An for this purpose the f6 does not come close end of story.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #39
rootster

w427 is a great car...you would want it to be at that price......but like every magazine that comes out with performance figures....i found add .5 of a second for holdens...and remove.5 from the ford times.....
The w427 is a great car....but really would prefer a BMW M3 for that price....
Old 06-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #40
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Different strokes for different folks - but it really annoys me when people bag a product simply because its from the "evil red team"

It is a great product end of story. Like it or lump it!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #41
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
....but really would prefer a BMW M3 for that price....
He probably has 3 of them in different colours ......

Good on Holden to make an Aust. version of a Supercar. Ugly as sin and an overly priced specked up C'dore that goes like poo and sticks just as well.

Can't see the point of it myself as it would have made them no money and 9/10 of those buying C'dores wouldn't know it even exists. So it cost them how much to build this just so they can have bragging rights on the bum with a bigger number than most?

When is BMW, Mercs, Audi etc going to start branding their cars with the size of their KW's compared to the size of the egos of those that buy them?

All the same points as the last 12 WD40 discussions but thought I might put my $1.47 in

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #42
theboxmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
He probably has 3 of them in different colours ......

Good on Holden to make an Aust. version of a Supercar. Ugly as sin and an overly priced specked up C'dore that goes like poo and sticks just as well.

Can't see the point of it myself as it would have made them no money and 9/10 of those buying C'dores wouldn't know it even exists. So it cost them how much to build this just so they can have bragging rights on the bum with a bigger number than most?

When is BMW, Mercs, Audi etc going to start branding their cars with the size of their KW's compared to the size of the egos of those that buy them?

All the same points as the last 12 WD40 discussions but thought I might put my $1.47 in
They did because Holden takes risks and wanted to try something new...Something Ford Australia Hasnt Done since the territory....

Bring on the GTHO FORD AU :
theboxmike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #43
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It happens everytime. A comparison that quickly turns into 1/4 and dyno read-outs.

If you want huge power for little money, why the hell would you buy a W427 in the first place? Or an FG F6?

Goddamn if you want to jerk off over big dyno read-outs and 1/4 times you'd buy an XR6 turbo and work it.....an old one at that. BA for instance.

People buy W427's F6's GT's GTS's for there own reason. and i'd be 9.999/10 of these people don't buy them so they can shoot there mouth off on internet forums (or youtube.....you read some of the BS comments on that place? my god) about how fast their car's run the 1/4 in.

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #44
CHEETR
EBfairmont with TE50motor

ford australia took a pretty big punt with the AU lol look where that got them, they learnt from there mistakes.

good on HSV for the supercar, australia needs it.

and to the guy comparing a f6 to a HSV 427 you make me laugh mate! farkin comedian

Last edited by CHEETR; 07-07-2009 at 01:54 AM.
CHEETR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #45
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Did you see the lap times? you race lap times, not dyno sheets....
On the 1/4 the one i saw was doing 12's flat on street rubber (with wheelspin). A FG at the same meet was doing 12's with ease on the same rubber too.... close but not quite the same, 12.7 - 12.00 is a big difference.

No doubt the W427 is a superior car, but does the price tag buy you more than just a collectable, a theoretical and a investment?

Mind you at the same meet there was a 10second VY ute with 7.0L LSX based stroker, didnt really have the same appeal....

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:12 AM   #46
kpcart
Banned

i saw one of these holdens on the road the other day, and stopped next to me at the traffic lights, looked great, stood out as not just a normal commodore, i recognsied it as the w427 straight away. id like one over any of the current fords, its in another league. brilliant.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 05:44 AM   #47
ESP 81

Well done Holden for having the balls to do a supercar,ford grow some balls.
ESP 81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #48
YOOT
Banned

Both those Holdens will depreciated faster than his Landcruiser LOL!
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #49
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Never ceases to amaze me around here.

If it were Ford that built this monster, those that are slagging it would be crowing from the rooftops...! Yet, the image of the car would be exactly the same.. big cashed bogan buying a tarted up taxi for $150k!

If I had gobs of cash, wouldn't be my first choice of vehicle but it wouldn't be far off. It's the closest thing to a home bred supercar you can get.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #50
rootster

guys i never said it was a pile of crap in any of my post...I honestly believe it isn't a bad car....Just over priced for what you pay for.....Lets throw in the new nissan for the same or less dollors.....kick it's **** on any track and1/4 track.
So guys don't make it personal...and for the tool yes i have done some stand up....
Old 07-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #51
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
This color was a 20k option...
The Colour should have been standard IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #52
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I hope to be able to buy one of these in a few years time, for 50% of what these fools paid for them!! WOOHOOO
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:20 AM   #53
Wally
XP Coupe

I doubt someone who can comfortably pay $200k on a whimsy is a fool. On the contrary, to get to that level of wealth indicates an above average ability and astuteness, not susceptible to criticisms of the great unwashed.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #54
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
I hope to be able to buy one of these in a few years time, for 50% of what these fools paid for them!! WOOHOOO
Never happen.

That would be like buying a $65k++ FPV GT that was a few years old for less than $30k..... oh umm ahhh ummm oops...

But in saying that, have a look at what you have to pay for a 5-7 year old HSV GTS Coupe that sold new for $100k.

Or a 2 year old GT40 or a R34 Skyline etc etc.

5 years from now we will be out of the financial poo and with more leasure money I suspect that the more esoteric vehicles that could not be afforded right now will find more than a few willing buyers and therefore retain value.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #55
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Never ceases to amaze me around here.

If it were Ford that built this monster, those that are slagging it would be crowing from the rooftops...! Yet, the image of the car would be exactly the same.. big cashed bogan buying a tarted up taxi for $150k!

If I had gobs of cash, wouldn't be my first choice of vehicle but it wouldn't be far off. It's the closest thing to a home bred supercar you can get.
Stating an obvious really! Last time I looked this was FordForums.com.au and with it comes just a bit of bias which I admit to having quite a bit of.

Of course if Ford built one it would be the best things since sliced bread but in the meantime, let Holden take the risks to supply something to cashed up bogans and let those that have a penchant for the Blue bag it as an over priced C'dore.

I do not need to like it because it is fast, has small numbers around a track and has a big number on the dyno. For what I want, FORD deliver at the moment and have done so for donkeys. If you or anyone else thinks its the greatest car Aust has build, great. Just do not tell me I need to like it .....

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #56
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Never happen.

That would be like buying a $65k++ FPV GT that was a few years old for less than $30k..... oh umm ahhh ummm oops...

But in saying that, have a look at what you have to pay for a 5-7 year old HSV GTS Coupe that sold new for $100k.

Or a 2 year old GT40 or a R34 Skyline etc etc.

5 years from now we will be out of the financial poo and with more leasure money I suspect that the more esoteric vehicles that could not be afforded right now will find more than a few willing buyers and therefore retain value.
Thats why a dealer in WA has one advertised at $135,000.. Retail was $165?

Have we actually seen any proof that cars like the GT40 are retaining their value or are we going by the ones sitting on carsales month after month?

I seen a Cobra wholesaled last month for $42,000, so much for them being worth 90 kay
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 07-07-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #57
Wally
XP Coupe

Why do threads seem to always degenerate in bogan this bogan that? Similarly why do members continue to think it's clever to mash words like falcadore, commawhore, dunnydore, etc? It's all so juvenile and suggests a lack of education or low breeding.

Just in case members think bogan is a new word, ask someone old enough to remember the bogs of the sixties, with their flannel shirts, black DBs, black corduroys and jumper wrapped around the waist. Their weapons of choice were dragster bikes, falcons, valients and parisiennes. When the GTs came out it was manna from heaven for the bogs.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #58
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Thats why a dealer in WA has one advertised at $135,000.. Retail was $165?

Have we actually seen any proof that cars like the GT40 are retaining their value or are we going by the ones sitting on carsales month after month?

I seen a Cobra wholesaled last month for $42,000, so much for them being worth 90 kay
Have we actually seen that Phase 3 GTHOs are worth the best part of $1,000,000 or are we going by...........

Money is hard at the moment, a few years from now it will not be. Maybe the W427 will be worth lots, maybe not.

The ONLY reason the P3 GTHO is the top of the pile is that there are no P4s or P5s or P6s etc etc etc.

Many things can happen that could affect the value of Australian performance cars:

Next year Obama bans V8s in USA for whatever reason so there will be no more LSx (or BOSS or Coyote). That would probably have a bit of effect on prices.

Comrade Kev needs the greens support and to do so agrees to limit fuel economy of all new cars made here (or implementing a 50% hoon tax) thereby killing FPV & HSV as well as the XR8/SS stone dead.

If the W427 ends up being the most powerful and fastest Australian car that will ever be made I suspect it will be a bit collectable.

The future is never clear.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #59
CHEETR
EBfairmont with TE50motor

Quote:
guys i never said it was a pile of crap in any of my post...I honestly believe it isn't a bad car....Just over priced for what you pay for.....Lets throw in the new nissan for the same or less dollors.....kick it's **** on any track and1/4 track.
So guys don't make it personal...and for the tool yes i have done some stand up....
I guess you are forgetting 2 things.

1. the W427 is covered under full warranty
2. the gtr is not covered under warranty on track, dyno or if they feel you have been thrashing it, the launch control is also $10k to replace and only lasts a certain amount of launch’s yet it was marketed for track.

anyone can build a supercar not under warranty, hsv have done well with a reliable street supercar with warranty.

as for the stand up - I suggest not do it as your day job
CHEETR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #60
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Comrade Kev needs the greens support and to do so agrees to limit fuel economy of all new cars made here (or implementing a 50% hoon tax) thereby killing FPV & HSV as well as the XR8/SS stone dead.

The future is never clear.....
Wish you wouldnt post stuff like that, you never know who could end up reading that and thinking great idea

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post