Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #31
azaxr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
You’re lucky you're not on a charge of assault just because he was a tool doesn't meant you can act like one too. Dragging him out of the car is an illegal and stupid way to handle the situation. The fact that he hit your car is not a legal defence for assault you too were guilty of road rage by this act. I understand you were upset but you should have let the cops deal with this not act in a violent and aggressive manner that has the potential to escalate the situation. I know there are violent bogans out there who will say good on you but this is unacceptable behaviour in civilised society

Au3xr6, you are a little goody goody. let me run into your car and ill see how u act. QUICK CALL THE COPPS!
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #32
smithy_1

hmmmm. Note to self. Driving at 40km for a bit with family in car better than risking road rage with unknown mental state person in front.

Glad the situation difused, how lucky.
smithy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #33
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

driving too slow, then road rage then he cries?

drugs??
Old 01-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #34
HOEBAG
Banned

mmm only someone under some sort of influence would go from aggressive to crying. unless it's woman on her rags (no offence).
dragging him out of his car was a wise move. imagine if he sped off or hit you when you approached him. he was probably in shock when it happened and didn't know what the was going on until he figured out he just got pulled out of his window.
HOEBAG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #35
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X000BOSS
i disagree, i think it was defensive not aggresive. aggressive would be doing what i felt like doing to him. sometimes the best form of defence is offence and i think that my actions saved a lot of headache for both parties involved. if i stayed in the car he prob would of grabbed my wife by the throat. you just have no idea how aggressivly he drove into us, it wasnt just a bump!!!

mate critisize all you like. makes no difference to me. your earlier post was going on about law - assualt charges - legal defence - illegal - cops - etc. mate you dont know me and i dont feel the need to explain myself but ill fill you in on a little secret. i am a very decent bloke. i dont do the wrong thing because it is against the law, i dont do them because of moral reasons. now if its legal to hurt someone, i wouldnt anyway unless i had to defend my family and if i had to defend my family, ill do anything to do so, whether its legal or not. so your comments about charges and so forth mean nothing to me and to most people i know. its about doing the right thing, not just the legal thing.
what happens when you think back one night if you gave somebody a chance to hurt your family?? do you feel warm and fuzzy at night because you did the legal thing?
Well said mate. I for one won't criticise your actions.
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 06:27 PM   #36
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkr
driving too slow, then road rage then he cries?

drugs??
If not he should be on something
Old 01-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #37
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
You’re lucky you're not on a charge of assault just because he was a tool doesn't meant you can act like one too. Dragging him out of the car is an illegal and stupid way to handle the situation. The fact that he hit your car is not a legal defence for assault you too were guilty of road rage by this act. I understand you were upset but you should have let the cops deal with this not act in a violent and aggressive manner that has the potential to escalate the situation. I know there are violent bogans out there who will say good on you but this is unacceptable behaviour in civilised society
Im sure that if YOU were faced with a real life situation (like the one above), all your reasoning and letting the cops handle it attitude would go out the window aswell.

Last edited by Jack91; 01-10-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: better take that out
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #38
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

au3xr6 - Get off your soap box! All I ever see come from your keyboard is criticism or generally negative posts towards other memebers. If everyone was as "good" as you, wouldn't it be such a wonderful world we live in? I think you need to get out of your bubble and realise that no amount of rules and regulations will ever cater for every single incident that occurs in REAL life. You got owned by the OP in regards to doing the right things for moral reasons, and not legal reasons. I'd really like to see how you'd react in the same situation.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #39
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by X000BOSS
i disagree, i think it was defensive not aggresive. aggressive would be doing what i felt like doing to him. sometimes the best form of defence is offence and i think that my actions saved a lot of headache for both parties involved. if i stayed in the car he prob would of grabbed my wife by the throat. you just have no idea how aggressivly he drove into us, it wasnt just a bump!!!

mate critisize all you like. makes no difference to me. your earlier post was going on about law - assualt charges - legal defence - illegal - cops - etc. mate you dont know me and i dont feel the need to explain myself but ill fill you in on a little secret. i am a very decent bloke. i dont do the wrong thing because it is against the law, i dont do them because of moral reasons. now if its legal to hurt someone, i wouldnt anyway unless i had to defend my family and if i had to defend my family, ill do anything to do so, whether its legal or not. so your comments about charges and so forth mean nothing to me and to most people i know. its about doing the right thing, not just the legal thing.
what happens when you think back one night if you gave somebody a chance to hurt your family?? do you feel warm and fuzzy at night because you did the legal thing?
Totally agree with everything you did mate. It's just sad that a decent honest family man is the one that gets caught up in this mess. Why don't these twats ever do it to an underworld figure? That way we would have one more oxygen theif removed from the gene pool, and one more underworld figure put behind bars.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #40
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_reaper
mmm only someone under some sort of influence would go from aggressive to crying. unless it's woman on her rags (no offence).
dragging him out of his car was a wise move. imagine if he sped off or hit you when you approached him. he was probably in shock when it happened and didn't know what the was going on until he figured out he just got pulled out of his window.
Mental problems could also bring the same result. Bi-Polar disorder etc.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post