Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #31
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Boge - European Feel ... Aussie Tough
Boge Shock Absorbers are chosen by the worlds leading vehicle manufacturers as original equipment for consistent superior ride control with the highest quality. Available in Australia to service the European after market for many years, Boge Shock Absorbers are now available in Australia for a broad range of Australian built models, including true Performance Short Stroke units for the correct lowering of Commodores and Falcons, Boge quality offers the only Limited Lifetime Warranty on shock absorbers in Australia. Boge quality, they stand by it.
Boge shockabsorber products feature:

Precision Piston Rod Induction hardened, chrome-plated piston rod, machined and super polished to exact roundness for reduced friction, durability and quicker reaction.
Superior Oil Seal All Boge shocks feature a double lip, low-friction seal for long life and consistent performance.
Calibrated Piston and Foot Valves Valves are flow-rated, calibrated and tested at the factory before leaving to ensure each unit is within 1% of engineering tolerance.
Seamless Cylinder Tube All Boge piston tubes are specified to meet the highest quality Swiss seamless steel tubing technology.

Benefits to you, and your customers
Superior ride control
Comfort
Safety
Reliability
Consistent performance
Limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #32
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

hmm still doesn't really tell me much, whats the dampening rate? Do they have different models? If so what are they? Are they gas or oil? Do they have an adjustable shock to suit?

Is there a website you could direct us to?
Old 13-09-2008, 10:44 PM   #33
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
What are thess boge shocks i keep hearing about? Any info?
I have to say NOT AS GOOD AS KONI'S are.
Have had them in the past and will stick to koni's any day. Firmer ride.
As for wed site on Boge don't waste ya hard earnt.
As I said this is just my opinion but I lower for handling not looks, and no cheap shock
will make handling as good as it can be with a quality more expensive shock.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #34
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saying Boges aren't as good as Konis is a bit like saying an XR8 is not as good as a GT-P. If you want to pay more, you'll probably get more, but it's beyond what a lot of people can justify paying. And saying Boge is a cheap shock is not really doing it justice, considering they're OEM on Volkswagen, BMW, Porsche and others.

5.0whiteaughia I just googled Boge and stuck in their blurb, since you weren't very specific in what you were after. I don't know of any web sites with any further details to direct you to.
Old 14-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #35
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

Yeah i'll probably end up going koni adjustables again, besides that they are a very good shock, i'm yet to find a gas shock that i actually like, they seem to work the opposite to a good oil shock, koni's valving for example is set in the down direction but your adjusting the up direction, which even at minimal is still harder than down, so as you hit bumps the spring and shock absorb the down direction absorbing the bump and yet on reverb on the bump the shock holds the spring as tight as you set it to release therefore having the ability to remove all float. Gas shockers just don't seem to function this same way, and always feel slightly floatie to me, or to hard and bumpy.
Old 14-09-2008, 01:06 AM   #36
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
If you want to pay more, you'll probably get more,
That is my point. Koni's aren't that much dearer than Boges.

Quote:
considering they're OEM on Volkswagen, BMW, Porsche and others.
Yes they are but the ones that we are buying here for Ford and Holden aren't even a fraction of the quality
of shock that would go into a Porsche or a performance BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
i'm yet to find a gas shock that i actually like, they seem to work the opposite to a good oil shock,
I agree 100% it makes a lowered car feel and handle like a paddle steamer.
As I said if you are lowering for performance and handling and not for fully sick
w... value than I'm afraid Boges or any other gas shocks just don't cut it.
Old 14-09-2008, 01:58 AM   #37
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but the w... value shocks I've got in my car have improved handling A LOT, and let's be honest, no set of shocks is going to turn your AU into a Lotus Elise.
For interest sake, how much is a set of Konis these days? From memory a full set of Boge shocks is around $400.
Old 14-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #38
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

roughly double that for the adjustable and around $500 a pair for the externally adjustables.
Old 14-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #39
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but the w... value shocks I've got in my car have improved handling A LOT, and let's be honest, no set of shocks is going to turn your AU into a Lotus Elise.
For interest sake, how much is a set of Konis these days? From memory a full set of Boge shocks is around $400.
Please don't think I'm having a go because I'm not. Mine are fully adjust and cost me just under 800.
No they won't turn it into a lotus but I think you would be very suprised to see how they can and do make a car handle.
In saying this there is handling and there is handling. For me and the fact that I but my family in the car I want the best and nothing less.
Old 14-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #40
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Herrod superlows all round with Monroe GT shocks. I wouldn't have a clue who made the springs for them (if anyone does let me know please!) but it rides well, sits real well, isn't too bumpy and isn't floaty and gives good handling that promotes oversteer. Also IMO this is at the perfect height level.

Damn angled driveway makes it look a bit off.

07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #41
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
As it sitts today
mate those wheels look horn.....nice car , What are they?

I've got pedders springs and shocks all round on my xr6 , only got the standard 16" wheels on it though ,it handles like its on rails but its a firm ride....$830 a couple of years ago and fitted them myself....will try and post a pic later
Old 14-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #42
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to agree with 99ghia a falcon lowered with koni's in it does handle exceptionally well, my koni's i had came out of the turbo ea and went into my brothers ed Ghia and in that SSL's with koni's on 18inch rubbers their wouldn't be many factory "sports" cars that would out handle it, except for on the braking side of things. No lotus elise, but massively better than any other combination i have felt in a falcon, but i personally haven't tried every different type and there has to be a good comprimise between price and performance with some of them. Besides last time i shall'd out the money on the adjustables and 6 months later that car was at sim's, so i'd rather not shall out so much again, cause i have no idea how long i'll have the AU for and doubt that i would buy another one, unless it was a 5.6 TS50.
Old 14-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #43
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love the look of that XR of yours Russel.
Great ride hieght and those wheels just set it off. :
Old 14-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #44
BATRB-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Herrod superlows all round with Monroe GT shocks. I wouldn't have a clue who made the springs for them (if anyone does let me know please!) but it rides well, sits real well, isn't too bumpy and isn't floaty and gives good handling that promotes oversteer. Also IMO this is at the perfect height level.

Damn angled driveway makes it look a bit off.

From what I see Russell your car looks like its got ssl springs allround.

Herrod springs are just King springs that used to get fitted by Chris & Glenn at CentreLine Suspension Thomastown that also look after all the V8 Supercars.

Another King Spring with the Herrod badge type scenario!!

P.S Love the ride height on your car it looks awesome.

Regards,
Fab

Last edited by BATRB-6; 14-09-2008 at 11:57 AM.
BATRB-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #45
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you had your guards rolled Russ? I put my 19's on yesterday and haven't had the guards rolled yet, just wondering if it's going to be necessary. Mine doesn't look to sit as low as yours though. The wheels look great by the way, and show off your brakes nicely ;)
Old 14-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #46
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats brings up another issue, both mine and the fairlane have tickford rim's with SL's in them and have both grabbed on the front guards. Surprised me on both considering their tickford rim's and only sl's.
Old 14-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #47
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is surprising, it seems to come down to individual cars, which it shouldn't really. I've had everything from 15s to 19s on mine now, and while I haven't done enough kms with the 19's (with 245/35/19 tyres) to say they won't grab, they haven't so far. I had the BF 18s with 245/40/18 tyres on there for a while with no issues at all, which should be a similar overall size to the 19s with the lower profile, since they're both Dunlops with similar casing etc... Time will tell.

Maybe the heavier V8 has something to do with it? There are different springs from factory for 8's and 6's are there not? Mine's only a 6.
Old 14-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #48
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i will add that both have happened in the same bloody driveway at a local milk bar, several times.
Old 14-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #49
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I can't exactly remember but I thought the sticker said SL and not SSL, I'll check next time I'm under there. As for catching the guards I haven't had any issues yet.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #50
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Rears

as you can see the shocks are shorter so you retain full bump stop travel

Fronts

This is the same as the rears . you can see the strut has a lower seat height by 30mm , so these struts will lower ya car 30mm with the springs you have in there atm.

Rear of car with the lower shock and spring as you can see it will not fall out

Old 14-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #51
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah still dont no what im going to do ill probably get springs then shocks later on down the track as i want to get my stally fixed first.
cheers josh.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #52
MGM
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats mine with pedders in the front, came with the car, guy at pedders said their equivelent to kings ultra lows?
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #53
MADED-6
MADED.6

pedders super lows or pedders ultra lows mate?
cheers josh.
Old 30-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #54
Marcus
Cat

Hi all,

My car has KYB shorted front shocks, Munroe GT gas replacement rear shocks and King spring super lows. The rear height is perfect and the front is sitting a little high, was thinking i wanted the front a little lower to make it look level. The rear tyres a pretty much level with the guard however the front tyres are about 20mm from the guard. so i guess id like to drop it 20mm. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should do? Do Kings do a lower spring that could get the front lower? also sway bars, i want a stiffer ride is this all id need with my current set up?

Marcus
1994 ED Falcon Furtura Classic, yuk standard, sexy lowered, 17" ANZ Matrix Rims, 2.5" Exhuast, window tint, custom stereo installed, bumpers and side trims color coded, clear indicators front, side and rear, custom front grill, removal of ugly rear wing. Only wish i had knowledge on the engine it would get some attention too
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #55
MGM
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MADED-6 not to sure, the guy said they were the same as kings ultra lows in the front. tires sit just under the guard, about 10 or 15 mm
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #56
MrXr6Tickford
AU Club Mod

Sorry to sorta hijack the thread but i thought this would be more reverlent (sp?) here then creating a new thread...

Im thinking of upgrading to king springs superlow for the front and ultra low for the rear... but i also wanted to no if the monroe gt gas shocks are suitable for this?..

My 20's are on order and should be arriving start of november.. now i dont want it to be scrubbing everywhere i go.. but i want it to sit flush and look nice!

Any help / input would be great!

Click Here
MrXr6Tickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 07:20 PM   #57
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah with 20's i dont think ud be able to go ultras on the front but should sit level with the guard and get the guards rolled and ull be fine.
ill be getting 20's next year some time so itll be getting raised a bit before then.
cheers josh.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:08 PM   #58
MrXr6Tickford
AU Club Mod

Thanks for the reply josh,

Wasnt planning on going ultra lows for the front just superlow's.

Should superlow's fit the front and ultralow for the rears?

with the rubber im using 225/35/20 would i still need to get the guards rolled?

Thanks, Tom

Click Here
MrXr6Tickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #59
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah most likely as the wheel is so big id do it just so the lip doesnt got rolled outwards as thats when the paint starts cracking.
cheers josh.