Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #31
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up

BF is a good looking car, the FG is an awesome looking car.

I love the rear end, the front on the G6E looks fantastic!

I will certainly have to consider getting one in a few years time, (read - after the V6 engines come along) and the current stock is much, much cheaper.

To all those who can afford a newie right now, I stand back and can only imagine how good it'd be to be able to have one.

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #32
EFFII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveO_SP
Say again... A yellow FG GT?
Yes mate it looked something like this.
Accept this pic makes the car look .
In person it looked fantastic!
EFFII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 02:13 AM   #33
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love the FG look, especially the higher end models.
I find a severe lack of differentiation between the Omega and Calais-V, besides the rear lights and the badge.
The Falcon has a distinct difference between, and even then, for a base model, the XT has done well.

I thought that to improve on the BF, Ford would need a gargantuan effort, and in my opinion, they have produced a great car.

I just wish the mass-media would take on Ford's product a little more readily.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #34
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
BS, the FG is loads better then the bland BA-BF butt, the rear on them was a let down for the whole car.
Completely agreed, the rear end on my AU XR looks much better and less bland than my parents Typhoon (even more so their old BA turbo). It was the first thing my dad said when he had the Typhoon side by side with the AU.

The FG is superb looking; it's a euro-falcon. Still aggressive but much more upmarket, I absolutely cannot understand how the general public aren't taking to the new Falcon enough. It's something that looks good straight away to most anyone, not at all like the VE's subjective styling. I will be purchasing an FG in the future that's for sure!
Old 06-09-2008, 05:39 AM   #35
montyLalor
Padawan Learner

The two photos prove just how hoodwinked we all were to fall in love with the BA, styling-wise. What I mean is (advance appologies to the AU fraternity) that the market flop AU needed new front and rear ends 'yesterday', back then. Back in '02 I thought the BA was awesome, because I only had the previous awful-headlight-car to judge it by. Now the FG just highlights how wrong the AU roofline was to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
I just wish the mass-media would take on Ford's product a little more readily.
Calling all 'nutters': we need to get us a pose and round up the Red Wagon's Marketing Department, en mass. Then we need to tie them up in a dark warehouse and employ chinese water torture until we can get them to teach the Blue Oval's Marketing Department a thing or two about how to actually promote a new vehicle!

Your fronter manoeuvres with the eloquence of a fiery wall of disintegrating fuselage...
montyLalor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFII
Yes mate it looked something like this.
Accept this pic makes the car look .
In person it looked fantastic!
Octane is orange, not yellow.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post