Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #31
Darthur
2003 BA XT Mercury Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
No more pathetic than when a sober passive driver kills someone.

Or when a 19 year old P plater with a modified falcon falcon kills someone.

There has been a 19 year old in a modded falcon that has killed someone at some point in time so should YOU be dobbed as a threat, after all that is YOU isn't it?

Or am I assuming that because of your age and car they you must be a P plate hoon and threat to society rather that actually finding out the truth?
But there's one key difference, a 19 year old P plater driving a modded Falcon is not illegal. Also, there is the fact that there would have been plenty of people your age that have killed people.
Old 16-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #32
Ando_Leigh

Quote:
ok a bit off topic.. but i had about 2-3 drinks and as im on my P's i wasnt able to drive home luckly there was a cop shop near by and i asked if i could take a breathliser. They refused to give me one and wouldnt give me a proper reason they said " Were to busy" mind you this was 3.30am in LILYDALE and the place was empty... Well i wasnt drunk or anything but i would have had a blood alcohol level of 0.1-0.3. i didnt end up driving home.. but i wanna know why they didnt want to test me so i would no roughly when i could go..
I had the same thing a little while back they told me they can't do it cause if u have just had a drink your limit my still be on the way up. And if they did say u where ok to drive and then got caught over the limit, the legal complications for them blah blah blah.

I guess i can kinda understand where there comming from but i just wanted to know how long i would have to wait roughly.
Old 16-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthur
But there's one key difference, a 19 year old P plater driving a modded Falcon is not illegal. Also, there is the fact that there would have been plenty of people your age that have killed people.
Disregarding the dribble from the teenage school kids several posts above this one, the point of this thread has been lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beginning
Just today, driving east on M1 (in the 80km/h zone -roadworks) I was tailgated by a Statesman, he was very close behind me and I noticed that the car wasn't going in a straight line. Moments later roadworks ended so I sped up to 100km/h to get away and he sped up and overtook me on the left (doing at least 120-130) and wasn't using his indicators properly then got stuck just in front of me and tailgated another driver, still driving in a slight zigzag, sometimes crossing the lines.

I followed him till he exited the freeway.
No blood or breath test. No witness or drinking before driving. Just seeing someone driving what may be concidered erratically.
Was the driver in shock? Was he is a hurry to see a dying or sick relation or comfort a child? Was there about a million reasions why he did what I see about every second day on various roads? Actually that is normal Sydney driving isn't it?

No lets inform on him just in case.

Informing has been the cornerstone of many societies. Hitler could never have commited his attrocities without a stead stream of informers "doing the right thing". There would be 10,000,000 more russians if Stalin had not been informed of the "enemies of the state".

Many, many Australians died in several wars to prevent this type of society being thrust upon us, a lesson that the young on here should learn.

If you see a person you KNOW is drunk, as in you have seen them drink a lot, then if you cannot prevent them driving then the last resort is to call the law and have them removed from the traffic.

The problem is that this dobber mentality will always only ever harm us, the driving community, as there are many who hate all drivers as much if not more than some here hate drink drivers and they are your enemy. If we turn on each other we will have no one left to play with.

If a person driving in the above manner MUST be drunk then a person with a hoony looking car MUST be speeding, drifting and whatever. Why do you need proof of the actual offence?

As far as driving the modded falcon. If the mods make the vehicle no longer comply with ADRs including noise, emmissions, wheel size, lowering or whatever then it IS illegal and the penalties can be much higher that that of drink driving.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #34
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiKoRa_eL_97
ok a bit off topic.. but i had about 2-3 drinks and as im on my P's i wasnt able to drive home luckly there was a cop shop near by and i asked if i could take a breathliser. They refused to give me one and wouldnt give me a proper reason they said " Were to busy" mind you this was 3.30am in LILYDALE and the place was empty... Well i wasnt drunk or anything but i would have had a blood alcohol level of 0.1-0.3. i didnt end up driving home.. but i wanna know why they didnt want to test me so i would no roughly when i could go..
when a mate was breath tested around 10 years ago at bathurst, we all joked around trying to see how drunk we were. the officer said only the driver could be tested, because all the tests are official and recorded. if a person being breath tested is over the limit the police must take the appropriate action. if a passenger was over the limit, the cops would need to do some explaining as to why they were not charged when over the limit
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 12:55 AM   #35
itchy brother
Windsor Warlords

I was following what i thought was a drunk driver on the way home from watching the State of Origin several years ago.
We were traveling a local road when i decided to keep a bit of distance and see what happened as he was weaving a bit.
Well, i didn't have to wait too long.
About a Km later he launched his Mazda over one of those pedestrian refuge islands with U shaped yellow steel bars.
He took a good 100-150 metres to snap out of it and pull over! :
Made me glad i stayed back i can tell you!
Old 17-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #36
gozza

You have no proof he was drunk - Just stay clear of him - You can't be superman and save the world

brb - need to save Fly caught in a cobweb
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2008, 11:13 PM   #37
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Normally I read your posts, get frustrated or laugh and don’t respond but for some reason I feel compelled on this occasion to offer my reply.

devil's advocate
–noun 1. a person who advocates an opposing or unpopular cause for the sake of argument or to expose it to a thorough examination.

Agreed
Quote:
Disregarding the dribble from the teenage school kids several posts above this one, the point of this thread has been lost.
Irrelevant, the guy has no right to be driving like an idiot and breaking the law whether he is heading off to save his dying cat or he is in a rush to get to the post office before it closes.

Quote:
No blood or breath test. No witness or drinking before driving. Just seeing someone driving what may be considered erratically.
Was the driver in shock? Was he is a hurry to see a dying or sick relation or comfort a child? Was there about a million reasions why he did what I see about every second day on various roads? Actually that is normal Sydney driving isn't it?

I am not sure how Hitler, or even Stalin managed to make their way into this thread but if anyone can bring them in it would be you.

Is this the same society who could have simply LET Hitler and Stalin go and commit the crimes they did without need for intervention? Are you the same kind of person who would walk pass a bank robbery and not call the police as it's not really your business, hell you don’t even go to that bank, your choice is the CBA.

I am not saying every erratic driver on the road is committing a crime but every driver on the road has the right to feel safe and not be bumped off the road by some goose who thinks he is on a racetrack. I am sure most of us, well the vast majority have enough common sense to judge who is a menace and possibly drunk as opposed to someone having a moment of madness. From the thread starters post this guy sounded like he was either drunk or high on something other than life.

I say if you feel strong enough about it, call the cops at the very least they won’t go and catch him that instant but at least there is a record of the driving behaviour which can be used against them, heaven forbid a fatal accident is to occur. If you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

Quote:
No lets inform on him just in case.
Informing has been the cornerstone of many societies. Hitler could never have commited his attrocities without a stead stream of informers "doing the right thing". There would be 10,000,000 more russians if Stalin had not been informed of the "enemies of the state".
Many, many Australians died in several wars to prevent this type of society being thrust upon us, a lesson that the young on here should learn.
If you see a person you KNOW is drunk, as in you have seen them drink a lot, then if you cannot prevent them driving then the last resort is to call the law and have them removed from the traffic.
The problem is that this dobber mentality will always only ever harm us, the driving community, as there are many who hate all drivers as much if not more than some here hate drink drivers and they are your enemy. If we turn on each other we will have no one left to play with.
If a person driving in the above manner MUST be drunk then a person with a hoony looking car MUST be speeding, drifting and whatever. Why do you need proof of the actual offence?
As far as driving the modded falcon. If the mods make the vehicle no longer comply with ADRs including noise, emmissions, wheel size, lowering or whatever then it IS illegal and the penalties can be much higher that that of drink driving.