Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #31
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Thankyou to those that have been helpfull in commenting about my question.
Old 29-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #32
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
not have anything helpfull to contribute to my answer than you go back to teaching english elsewhere, it really annoy's me when A@*L retentive people like yourself come on here and whinge about a person's mistake's when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, if you want to teach english mate your teaching the wrong person, because I don't give a f*@k.
Quote:
Further off course, you have already done that, thanks for ruining my thread, this is a motorvehicle forum, not a school lesson, if you have nothing to contribute to my answer than why nit pick, get a life.
It concerns me that people who claim to be adults can act like such rude little children. If you feel you need to swear and tell me to get a life, simply because I corrected your troublesome attempt at the English language, I suggest you grow a thicker skin - you may need it for when you grow up. Note that I wasn't the only one to point out the shortcomings of your grammar. You are eager to point out that this is a forum - so perhaps I should inform you that in forums like this, people communicate solely using text, thus it would be optimal for you to present text that can be understood easily. Do you disagree?

I am baffled as to why you feel you need to attack me. In all honesty, when I read your post I felt sorry for you and thought to myself that giving you a quick heads up might help you out for next time - so you don't keep repeating the same mistakes that most primary school children would snigger at. I’ve never quite seen a sentence that lasts for a whole paragraph, made up of just commas instead of using any full stops - combined with a level of apostrophe overuse that would make an English teacher cry. However, your demonstrated lack of maturity has made me regret trying to help you out.

If you ever feel offended by what I have said, PM me instead of dragging the forums through the mud. I don't care how much you (or anyone else who shares your unfortunate mindset for that matter) oppose my right to suggest simple punctuation in your posts (which I see as a courtesy, not a matter of "I don't give a ****"). I'm not angry with you; I'm disappointed with your lack of respect.
Old 29-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #33
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well said Adrenaline. If you're expecting forum members to read your thread and reply, just try to attempt to make it easy to read. It's the least you can do as part of being polite and being considerate of other forum members.

It doesn't need to be perfect, but simple paragraphs and sentence structure does wonders. No one cares about typos if the poster has made an effort to make their post legible.

An example, what is easier for forum members to read:

--------------------

Hi guy's I will be looking to upgrade my little Laser shortly and I was looking at a mazda 3 sp23 sedan, but after researching I have thought about the mazda 6 luxury sport's, only as you get the bigger engine and more space and more power for very little difference in ecomomy, oh and the sunroof option in the mazda 6, anyway my main concern is the ecomomy out of them, as I want it to be very good just like the vehicle it will be replacing, as it is a daily driven vehicle for me and the g/f, has anybody got one or know of someone that does and know how they perform, I will be looking at the 6manual but if a good 5auto comes along I will look into it closely but the manual is my prefrence, I am looking to buy 2nd hand as well, not new as they are pretty expensive, but any info on them would be good, or review's, thank's.

--------------------

or

--------------------

Hi guy's.

I will be looking to upgrade my little Laser shortly and I was looking at a Mazda 3 SP23 sedan. After researching I have thought about the Mazda 6 luxury sports, as you get the bigger engine, more space and more power for very little difference in economy. On top of that, the sunroof is an option in the Mazda 6.

Anyway, my main concern is the economy of them both. I want it to be very economical, just like the vehicle it will be replacing, as it is a daily driven vehicle for me and the g/f.

Does anybody own one, or know of someone that does and know how they perform? I will be looking at the 6sp manual, but if a good 5sp auto comes along I will look into it closely (but the manual is my preference). I am looking to buy second hand as well as the new ones are pretty expensive, but any info or reviews on them would be good.

Thanks.

--------------------

Last edited by Deadman; 30-04-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 30-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #34
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
so perhaps I should inform you that in forums like this, people communicate solely using text, thus it would be optimal for you to present text that can be understood easily.
I skipped over the original post because it was too difficult to read. As stated, this is a text based communication forum. If someone doesn't take the due care and attention to post their thoughts legibly then I won't spend too much of my time trying to read them.

It's not a case of trying to be snobby or elitist, this is a relaxing pasttime (at least of mine) in my limited time and as such I won't spend it with a decoder wheel by my side.

Bottom line, if posters want their messages read, spend a little more time and care whilst typing them. The odd spelling mistake is fine (there's probably a few in this post) but if it's SMS speak or a wall of text with no paragraphs or correct punctuation, I just end up zoning out... so I skip them (as I'm sure many others also do).
Old 30-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #35
Nevermind
Goodbye XR8

We use to have a Mazda Neo 2L and it was a great car. It was unbelievably good on fuel and went great for a 4 banger, it blew my MY08 Impreza RS off for speed off the line and fuel economy.

I've got a Mazda3 MPS now which is a great car, I havent looked too closely at the new Mazda6, but a black one pulled up at the servo next to me the other day and it looked horn.

I think the main difference between the two cars is the body size. Either way, you wont be dissappointed with a Mazda in the driveway.
Old 30-04-2008, 03:23 PM   #36
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Ever since Mazda picked up their game I really like them.
My sister needed help finding a new car and had her heart set on a 318Bemer,Golf, Alfa you get the drift.
She wanted sunroof leather etc and I said all the above especially the Bmer base will be $60k + roof + ++++ said your crazy ! though she had the $$$ to spend.
I said come with me this was when the first model Mazda 6 came out and I really liked them !
She went Mazda !?! being the snob she is but came anyway, I showed her the Luxury Sport from memory with leather roof etc under $50k with 6yr wty.
She still has it and been happy as can be but does complain tyre wear is excessive being low profile and good brand but thats the only costly part of the ownership.

I was really excited about the 6 MPS and seriously considered one but it certainly wasn't going to replace the T3.....
3's are too small for me again damn good but I picture a 6 with 19's lowered a fraction, get the exhaust end pipes real what a stunning looking hatch !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
Old 30-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #37
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy 1
Yes you have to use 95 or higher Octane however as I have said you can run a 10% 95 Octane Fuel in it which is cheaper than 91 Unleaded & also I have an I6 & Wife has a 6 & I can tell you I fill up much more often than she does lol

I think on Her last trip to Parents place (Wauchope-Lismore) she would have made it up & back on 1 tank if she had not taken a few trips around Lismore to see her Sister etc who lives approx 20 k's away from Town.

So you do the Maths, no Falcon can get that sort of Economy :(
Mine was the 5A, and it wasn't exactly babied when I drove it.

I do not like Ethanol. I never have, and will avoid it at all costs. Sure, real fuel costs more, however I was happy knowing that I wasn't putting something that I wasn't comfortable with in the tank.

I struggled to get 500 out of the tank, where I can just squeeze 550-600 out of my Falcon. Both cars do the same trip (Sutherland Shire to Wollongong), however the Mazda was revving a full 500 RPM more than my Falcon does at 110. The Falcon is smoother, and quieter. I am happy with my decision.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 30-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #38
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Their quality control is astounding. Have a look at this!
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1209...googlenews_wsj

Such a waste :(
Old 01-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #39
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I skipped over the original post because it was too difficult to read. As stated, this is a text based communication forum. If someone doesn't take the due care and attention to post their thoughts legibly then I won't spend too much of my time trying to read them.

It's not a case of trying to be snobby or elitist, this is a relaxing pasttime (at least of mine) in my limited time and as such I won't spend it with a decoder wheel by my side.

Bottom line, if posters want their messages read, spend a little more time and care whilst typing them. The odd spelling mistake is fine (there's probably a few in this post) but if it's SMS speak or a wall of text with no paragraphs or correct punctuation, I just end up zoning out... so I skip them (as I'm sure many others also do).
If it bothers you that much don't read it,
Very simple english there mate, take your own words into action and skip past it, why respond in my thread when as you have said it bother's you and you ussually skip over them?????.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #40
89.SVO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I work at Bendigo Mazda and the new 6 is a marvelous car. 2.5L, VVT, they look the goods
Old 01-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #41
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
It concerns me that people who claim to be adults can act like such rude little children. If you feel you need to swear and tell me to get a life, simply because I corrected your troublesome attempt at the English language, I suggest you grow a thicker skin - you may need it for when you grow up. Note that I wasn't the only one to point out the shortcomings of your grammar. You are eager to point out that this is a forum - so perhaps I should inform you that in forums like this, people communicate solely using text, thus it would be optimal for you to present text that can be understood easily. Do you disagree?

I am baffled as to why you feel you need to attack me. In all honesty, when I read your post I felt sorry for you and thought to myself that giving you a quick heads up might help you out for next time - so you don't keep repeating the same mistakes that most primary school children would snigger at. I’ve never quite seen a sentence that lasts for a whole paragraph, made up of just commas instead of using any full stops - combined with a level of apostrophe overuse that would make an English teacher cry. However, your demonstrated lack of maturity has made me regret trying to help you out.

If you ever feel offended by what I have said, PM me instead of dragging the forums through the mud. I don't care how much you (or anyone else who shares your unfortunate mindset for that matter) oppose my right to suggest simple punctuation in your posts (which I see as a courtesy, not a matter of "I don't give a ****"). I'm not angry with you; I'm disappointed with your lack of respect.
Mate, get a life, If you want to teach english do it in another thread, not here, if it bother's you that much come and teach me, I might teach you a thing or two,
Now about manner's and respect, not everybody has lead a good level of education, and if your so proud of your expertise in this area why don't you go over all thread's here and tell everyone else how they are illiterate and have no idea on grammer,
I think you will find you will have a full time job,
Sorry to everybody who is reading this, I didn't think this was such an issue, but some people really need to spend a little time thinking about what they are going to respond to in a person's thread,
If you can't tell I'm rather annoyed, and I'm not the kind of person that express's their self easily,
This is not an exam, this is not an English lesson, so don't try and convince me it is or teach me anything, if people have a problem with me or this thread, then feel free to PM me.....
Old 01-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #42
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi guy's I will be looking to upgrade my little Laser shortly and I was looking at a mazda 3 sp23 sedan, but after researching I have thought about the mazda 6 luxury sport's, only as you get the bigger engine and more space and more power for very little difference in ecomomy, oh and the sunroof option in the mazda 6, anyway my main concern is the ecomomy out of them, as I want it to be very good just like the vehicle it will be replacing, as it is a daily driven vehicle for me and the g/f, has anybody got one or know of someone that does and know how they perform, I will be looking at the 6manual but if a good 5auto comes along I will look into it closely but the manual is my prefrence, I am looking to buy 2nd hand as well, not new as they are pretty expensive, but any info on them would be good, or review's, thank's.
Right to get back on topic as I have little interest in other peoples grammar_

Fuel consumption

Mazda 3 (2.0L) 8.2 L/100km
Mazda 3 (2.3) 8.6 L/100km
Mazda 6 (2.3) 8.8 L/100km

(from the back of a mag)

So not much in it in regards to fuel, personally I've found Mazda to be a fantastic motoring experience so I think either will see you happy. Probably comes down to interior space, if you need more go the 6 if not go the 3. The 6 is a better looking package but the SP23 is neat little vehicle (in manual).
Old 01-05-2008, 09:04 PM   #43
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

For anyone reading this thread for the first time and wondering why there appears to be such conflict between myself and galaxy xr8, this post of mine compelled him to aggressively attack me multiple times throughout the last page or so. I addressed these insults with maturity and respect for him - yet he has continued to throw it back in my face and disrespect me for no reason. Make your own conclusion. My patience is wearing thin.

Quote:
Mate, get a life, If you want to teach english do it in another thread, not here, if it bother's you that much come and teach me, I might teach you a thing or two,
Now about manner's and respect, not everybody has lead a good level of education, and if your so proud of your expertise in this area why don't you go over all thread's here and tell everyone else how they are illiterate and have no idea on grammer,
I think you will find you will have a full time job,
Sorry to everybody who is reading this, I didn't think this was such an issue, but some people really need to spend a little time thinking about what they are going to respond to in a person's thread,
If you can't tell I'm rather annoyed, and I'm not the kind of person that express's their self easily,
This is not an exam, this is not an English lesson, so don't try and convince me it is or teach me anything, if people have a problem with me or this thread, then feel free to PM me.....
Please stop disrespecting me - you have no reason to. You obviously didn't read my post, Pertuan's post, Deadman's post or Rodp's post. We are all saying the same thing to you (politely, unlike yourself). I don't appreciate being attacked continually. Please find some maturity. You have turned a small issue into a large conflict. I will quote my last post, because you obviously didn't read any of it:

If you ever feel offended by what I have said, PM me instead of dragging the forums through the mud.

Like others have said to you, simple mistakes with grammar and spelling are fine - they happen all the time. However, your first post was terrible - it was difficult to read and comprehend without slowing down to decipher the mess. You should have just accepted that I was trying to help you out and moved on. I don't care about grammar unless it makes the post difficult to read and is obvious that the poster has put no thought into it.

Unfortunately, you are by far the worst person I have ever come across on the Australian Ford Forums. I have only ever given you undue respect, while you have given me less than none. You have thrown my manners back in my face. You have not ceased to attack me. You despise the fact that I kindly suggested you try and put some structure into your opening post to make it readable. Attacking me for no reason is not the answer. You have no reason to be aggressive. Your behaviour is inexcusable. You have turned a small issue into a large conflict. If I haven't said it enough times already, I feel very disrespected.

I have informed the forum director.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:25 PM   #44
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Boys could lift the level of content and quality in this thread, thread topic is about a Mazda.
Post only if you wish to contribute to the 1st post.(see below)

Quote:

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 01-05-2008, 09:30 PM   #45
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For crying out loud man take your own advice and use the PM system, nobody is interested :

Also forgot to mention previously the SP23 feels (imo) like it has a descent performance edge over the 2.3L 6, probably due to less weight. So if performance is a consideration another tick to the 3.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #46
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
For anyone reading this thread for the first time and wondering why there appears to be such conflict between myself and galaxy xr8, this post of mine compelled him to aggressively attack me multiple times throughout the last page or so. I addressed these insults with maturity and respect for him - yet he has continued to throw it back in my face and disrespect me for no reason. Make your own conclusion. My patience is wearing thin.

Please stop disrespecting me - you have no reason to. You obviously didn't read my post, Pertuan's post, Deadman's post or Rodp's post. We are all saying the same thing to you (politely, unlike yourself). I don't appreciate being attacked continually. Please find some maturity. You have turned a small issue into a large conflict. I will quote my last post, because you obviously didn't read any of it:

If you ever feel offended by what I have said, PM me instead of dragging the forums through the mud.

Like others have said to you, simple mistakes with grammar and spelling are fine - they happen all the time. However, your first post was terrible - it was difficult to read and comprehend without slowing down to decipher the mess. You should have just accepted that I was trying to help you out and moved on. I don't care about grammar unless it makes the post difficult to read and is obvious that the poster has put no thought into it.

Unfortunately, you are by far the worst person I have ever come across on the Australian Ford Forums. I have only ever given you undue respect, while you have given me less than none. You have thrown my manners back in my face. You have not ceased to attack me. You despise the fact that I kindly suggested you try and put some structure into your opening post to make it readable. Attacking me for no reason is not the answer. You have no reason to be aggressive. Your behaviour is inexcusable. You have turned a small issue into a large conflict. If I haven't said it enough times already, I feel very disrespected.

I have informed the forum director.
You called me think skinned, I call you thick head, read what I have said previously and take note,
I suggest if you do not have anything helpfull to contribute to my answer than you go back to teaching english elsewhere, it really annoy's me when A@*L retentive people like yourself come on here and whinge about a person's mistake's when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, if you want to teach english mate your teaching the wrong person, because I don't give a f*@k.
END OF STORY.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #47
Dave R

Thanks SpoolMan. And MAGPIE, keep it to yourself, son.

Personally, I would go with the Mazda6. However, if economy is your priority, the 3 would be the logical choice. I'd still go for the 6 though - the small sacrifice in economy gives you a much more space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyxr8
You called me think skinned
Oh my God I told you to GROW A THICKER SKIN, I didnt call you thick skinned. How can you be so dumb? Please shut up! Thanks.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #48
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Its over and so is the grammar lesson......

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread