Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #31
Sonik
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooky
By the looks of the black mark across the driveway (if I am seeing it right) he still had his foot in it as he skidded across the drive way (panicked perhaps?)
Maybe, but it's a VS or whatever it is, so it wouldn't have ABS, hell my AU doesn't. Maybe he just locked it up and thats what the tyre marks are.
Old 21-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #32
02futura
stirrer of chaos

im hoping somone gave him a few more smacks to the head or werever then chucked him bak in the car as for insurance ur sister and the camrys insurance mob will chase him for the money also smack him with a claim for criminal compensation for damage to ur car the fence and and possible hurting of said children in next yard ( if that fails bribe bo bo(or 1 other big burly sour looking guys) in his cell block to make him his pimp wile incarcerated)
Old 21-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #33
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Old 21-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #34
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why would you paint a VS that orange :s

I see more falcons crashing into houses on the news here (usually e series) then commodores.
Old 21-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #35
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
Maybe, but it's a VS or whatever it is, so it wouldn't have ABS, hell my AU doesn't. Maybe he just locked it up and thats what the tyre marks are.
Agree it doesn't look like it had ABS, but my old VR Exec wagon did. It was an option on most mid 90's 'dores, just like many E series have it.
Old 21-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #36
XXR6X
White Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSH
anyone pull him out the car and give him a flogging?
Yeah, geesus i'm sick of tools like this, lucky no one was killed ffs...
Old 21-04-2008, 08:48 PM   #37
kooky
WRX terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
Agree it doesn't look like it had ABS, but my old VR Exec wagon did. It was an option on most mid 90's 'dores, just like many E series have it.
It would not leave that much rubber just by locking up the wheels IMO, that's what I was getting at.
Old 22-04-2008, 03:28 AM   #38
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Love it!!
Old 22-04-2008, 05:47 AM   #39
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Love it!!
I second that

Funniest thing I seen today
Old 22-04-2008, 08:36 AM   #40
SubJimbo
Car Newbie

Geeze, Thats bad, I know exactly which part of Virgillia your talking about, I live right around the corner!
Old 22-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #41
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleraggy
Cracks me up the people who get all over the fact it was a Commodore driver, as if no one has ever done this in a Ford....

Yeah, but the fact that nearly every news story about a bad crash involves a Homodore sorta pushes the point don't you think?? We have to laugh and point them out, coz we have to make them feel like . Whats so hard about going to the track every few weekends to clear out the injectors.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
Old 22-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #42
woteva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigev

What a tool!
Summed up perfectly right there. Hopefully he's uninsured (if you are) and he has to pay the money back to various insurance companies at $50 a week for the next 20 years!
Old 23-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #43
Wally
XP Coupe

Like moths to a flame.
Old 23-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #44
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
maybe that needs to be the official grammar prompt

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
Old 23-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #45
Uncle Raggy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsMyUserName
Yeah, but the fact that nearly every news story about a bad crash involves a Homodore sorta pushes the point don't you think?? We have to laugh and point them out, coz we have to make them feel like . Whats so hard about going to the track every few weekends to clear out the injectors.
I feel sure that similar threads would appear on Holden forums about Fords mate. I know I'm on the outer here because I drive a Commodore (sorry, Homodore, my bad : ) but hey, I read the newspaper too
Old 23-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #46
WindsorXR

But the facts that tell everyone Holden drivers are the worse drivers says to me that they need to settle the F@(k down.
Is killing someone really worth the joy of your buddies thinking your cool??

I know that there are drivers of every other car make that do stupid $h!t, but university and newspaper studies show that the majority of idiots on the roads drive Commodores. : : :

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 24-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #47
fivepointseven
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsMyUserName
But the facts that tell everyone Holden drivers are the worse drivers says to me that they need to settle the F@(k down.
Is killing someone really worth the joy of your buddies thinking your cool??

I know that there are drivers of every other car make that do stupid $h!t, but university and newspaper studies show that the majority of idiots on the roads drive Commodores. : : :
Which newspaper, which university? Details please. Put up or shut up!
Maybe if you could spell correctly, then maybe your comment would be taken seriously. I doubt it though.
Here's a little lesson for you;
"worse" should be "worst".
"your" should be "you're".

P.S. It's a well proven fact that ALL accidents involving Commodores are the result of the Commodore driver having to avoid a potentialy worse accident due to the poor driving ability of an idiot driving a Falcon.

Note: Above information taken from the book of "Made up facts to suit yourself". Data for this book was extracted from several university and newspaper studies.
Old 24-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #48
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointseven
blah, blah, blah
Does your username reflect your IQ?

A recently published SURVEY (different to a study) found that Commodore drivers are the worst for whatever the criteria that was being judged, and IIRC, Falcon drivers came in 5th. I could find the survey if you'd like, but then so could you by using the Search tools provided for your convenience.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 24-04-2008, 12:46 AM   #49
kcej
2mny projects 2 lttl time

Quote:
Maybe if you could spell correctly, then maybe your comment would be taken seriously. I doubt it though.
Here's a little lesson for you, moron
"your" is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT when he said "your buddies"
"you're" is an abbreviation of "you are"
as in
"you're WRONG"... and
"you're a moron"
Learn the rules of correct grammar before you criticise that of others
Old 24-04-2008, 05:26 AM   #50
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Calm down people ... no need for the name-calling and what-not.
It's comments like these that end up killing these types of threads.

But boy ... that's a fair amount of damage there.
You're lucky the Laser didn't end up in the front room of the house.
Old 24-04-2008, 12:51 PM   #51
WindsorXR

Quote:

P.S. It's a well proven fact that ALL accidents involving Commodores are the result of the Commodore driver having to avoid a potentialy worse accident due to the poor driving ability of an idiot driving a Falcon.

Note: Above information taken from the book of "Made up facts to suit yourself". Data for this book was extracted from several university and newspaper studies.
Im so sorry Word cop! Didn't know we were being graded on this assignment. Did someone in your breakfast this morning??
As a post above says it was a survey-Admitted my mistake.
As shown on this thread jabba the hut- http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11217627
: : :
Im guessing you drive a commodore by the way your cracking it. Also, as I've said numerous times before- Watch every car crash news story any count the commodores versus and other car!!!

Case closed!! Now go get some sleep chicken features. : : :

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

Old 24-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #52
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11217725 also I too comment on major grammar problems but you are being a bit over the top here . : are you doing here? If you feel Crummydore drivers are good and falcon drivers cause all the Crummydores accidents? a Crummydore plant maybe . We are not saying falcon drivers are perfect , far from it we get our share of tools here but I do see far more stupidity on the roads by crummydore drivers than falcon drivers . I also get to see a lot of cars left behind after an RBT has left (driving a cab weekend nights ) mostly Crummydores and 4X4 utes. Lets face it apart from Crummydores being $h!t boxes they attract hoons and tools. if you hate Falcons and their drivers so much click the little box with the X ( or Ctrl + F4) on your way out. BTW this has been spell checked so you don't have to cry over small errors

Quote:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rides:

Old 24-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #53
fivepointseven
Starter Motor

The survey only mentions bad driving habits by Holden drivers, which do not necessarily lead to accidents. You can read it any context you want and make it say what you want to believe, but the facts are it's only a survey about driving habits and not crash statistics.
Old 24-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #54
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
The survey only mentions bad driving habits by Holden drivers, which do not necessarily lead to accidents. You can read it any context you want and make it say what you want to believe, but the facts are it's only a survey about driving habits and not crash statistics.
Our mistake then. I forgot that there was a direct correlation between GOOD driving habits and accidents. /sarcasm
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 24-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #55
rennie
BA Falcon, AUII. R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Our mistake then. I forgot that there was a direct correlation between GOOD driving habits and accidents. /sarcasm
I agree 100%

AUII Forte: 18 Inch Tickford Wheels, Pioneer Head Unit, Kicker Speakers, Lowered, Tinted Windows.

R.I.P.

Current: 2004 BA Silk Falcon Futura

Mods:
Tinted Windows
Wheels: RJR 18" Tremors.
Sound: Soon: JVC DV7205 DVD Head Unit, Blaupunkt 480W RMS 4Ch Amp x 2, Polk Momo 6.5" Splits, Polk Momo 6"x9", Pheonix Gold 1500W Mono Block Amp, Earthquake SubZero Subwoofer

Old 24-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #56
bwhinnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcej
Here's a little lesson for you, moron
"your" is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT when he said "your buddies"
"you're" is an abbreviation of "you are"
as in
"you're WRONG"... and
"you're a moron"
Learn the rules of correct grammar before you criticise that of others
Actually he could well have been referring to the second use of the word your, which in the context was actually wrong "your buddies thinking your cool" ... Sorry couldn't resist :P (I can't actually talk as I make grammar and spoiling mistakes all the time)

From my perspective, having owned both Holdens and Fords in my time is that I hope the driver gets the book thrown at him and thankfully no one was hurt! He'll be paying off the costs of the Camry and Laser as well as the damage to the yard for a while yet...

Glad to hear all were ok other than material damages and that the cars get a) replaced or b) fixed quickly!
Old 24-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #57
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Texting while Driving, Drink driving" these 2 are known to be a major factor in collisions and raod deaths . anyone drink driving or texting is an accident waiting to happen so if they havent crashed yet they will soon. the results show Holden drivers ( not all but a significant proportion) are dangerous drivers there is no escapint the reality of the risks in the behavior mentioned ( unless you are a hloden driving bogan then you are blinded to the truth)
Quote:

Rides:

Old 24-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #58
Wally
XP Coupe

Guys the Holden hoon thing is getting very worn out. I think the last "survey" polled truthful revelations from a handful of "random" drivers. For all we know they could have surveyed a group of Holden club members at a meet with the expected bravado responses. The Ford participants could have been lying through their teeth or had the bowls/akubra hat on.

We don't know if cops target Holden drivers, prefer blondes or what. But I have to say the majority of stupid behaviour I see is perpetrated by idiots (male and female) in smaller asian cars, not Commodores or Falcons.
Old 24-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #59
fivepointseven
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Guys the Holden hoon thing is getting very worn out. I think the last "survey" polled truthful revelations from a handful of "random" drivers. For all we know they could have surveyed a group of Holden club members at a meet with the expected bravado responses. The Ford participants could have been lying through their teeth or had the bowls/akubra hat on.

We don't know if cops target Holden drivers, prefer blondes or what. But I have to say the majority of stupid behaviour I see is perpetrated by idiots (male and female) in smaller asian cars, not Commodores or Falcons.
Well said mate. For all we know, half the idiots we see driving like morons may actually own a Corolla, Camry, Magna or whatever. But they may be driving their work car which is a Commodore (or Falcon) when they are spotted being a d!ck. It always causes dramas when people who drive a certain model of car are called crap drivers. There are good and bad drivers out there regardless of what type of car they are driving.
Old 25-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #60
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleraggy
Cracks me up the people who get all over the fact it was a Commodore driver, as if no one has ever done this in a Ford....
I'll give you another fact .that fact that commodore drivers are the worst in australia.It was proven last week taken from crash data around australia.ford drivers were rated fifth worse.
Closed Thread