Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #31
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well that speed on p's, especially in nsw, + cop car = instant loss of license, i would be thinking more along the lines of you being either taken away in a cop car or a body bag....doesn't matter if it's out on the open road or not, that doesn't mean you won't hurt or kill someone else
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #32
dazzahh
Starter Motor

My uncles farm has like a mini race course thing, its ment to be used for his gokarts but its just a straight line so i used it to test the timings.

anyway, thanks for those people who suggested and thanks for the people making me full aware of the danger i think im going to sell up and grab a 4cyl cheap thing then in the next 2 years or w/e i'll grab a FPV
dazzahh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #33
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not talking about anyone specifically but whats with the poor grammar and spelling of people here, mainly younger ones, you'd think that at 18-25 years of age you'd be able to type properly, not like a freakin 8 year old.

my advice, get rid of the XR6, its people like you who do irresponsible stuff in their cars, and either kill other people or themselves that ruin it for everyone else.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #34
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

iam one of those people who cant type properly , dazzah have you thought about a 06 ford focus zetec mum has one and gees and got power for a little sukka it been such a great little car or even a mazda 6 or mazda 3, if i was in the market to buy a small car that what i will be buying and make sure it is a manual.
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #35
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzahh

Last night in my xr6 i was doing some intense driving, for an hour i was maxing out the engine to its limits, 0 - 150 continuously, hitting 5 - 6K revs and repeating this however on the 3RD go my engine completely shutdown on me and everything stopped working, luckily i was in the country and no one got hurt and all that showed was a battery light. If this is the case and normal for XR6 then i will goto a holden so what does everyone think?
If you are going to drive a car on a road anywhere at those sort of speeds while you're on 'P's then instead of buying something even more powerful do everyone a favour and catch the bus. Sorry, but it's this type of hoonish behavior on the roads that costs other people their lives. Not to mention higher insurance premiums !!!!!! :
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #36
dazzahh
Starter Motor

I wouldn't risk driving a car that fast on the road, if i lose my license i lose my job, also people can get hurt. Russ read the whole thread. However at my uncles farm its a different story he has a XR8 Ute thats why i love the V8's so much

All i wanted was suggestions, and holden dont have the torque of a XR6 so no, i dont want top speed, i just want the torque and thats why i love v8's the pull is great, its a great feeling and the Roar.

This is exactly what happens, all the people telling me to catch a bus and keep off the roads because i goto a farm in the outback and go fast in a straightline? as i said at the start of the thread, it was in the country and i was testing my timings. i follow the rules and i know im inexperienced and also if i was experienced i wouldn't speed, I respect everyone who wants to be safe but i didn't ask for everyones 2cents on speeding.

I am not a hoon however i see more hoons with a full license (or no p's on there car which are p plater drivers) then p platers speeding, im sorry if you have driven for 30years so how does that give you the right to speed to 120 in a stupid school zone, showing your car off? I saw it happen the other day, i didn't ask for everyone to attack me i wanted suggestions for a car with great pull (alot of torque) thats all.

Anyhow thanks for everyone who did give suggestions. no offence russ but its people like you who attack young p platers without hearing the whole story you tell me to catch a bus because on the roads im a safe driver but in the outback im a devil? this is why V8s and Turbos are baned and not every p-plater is a criminal. Those who abuse the system should be dealt with so why must all p-platers get the shaft? i wanted a v8 for the pull and torque and roar, sure to show it off with my mates but when my mates get in that car im more safer then any other person on the road, why should i risk 4 - 5lives because i want to go 10km/h more faster then the speed limit, its stupid. What happens if i survive and kill 4 friends, i wouldn't be able to live withmyself, in the whole 15months of driving all i have gotten is 1 parking ticket from a no stopping area because i had to give medication to my mother.

I really hate the people who spoiled the fun for the rest of the p-platers and i don't appriciate being called a hoon, if i was a hoon i certainly wouldn't post here.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:57 PM   #37
AUIIForte

Quote:
Hi

Thanks for all suggestions, Yeah i know about the torque thats why i love the XR6 at the moment, I don't normally go full out, i drive normally to get to A - B, home and to work. As for my problems they are increasing and the list is getting bigger, As for the overheat i check my dash every 5 seconds of driving about 2 seconds before it cut out all i saw was Everything was up as normal but the battery light appeared and engine shut down, if i did overheat it then my bad looks like i need to get some better cooling in there if i want to try that again :P.
Hay, sorry mate, I haven't read all the posts after this, BUT, was it, BY ANY CHANCE, that it cut out while you where on a curved road? As in a long winding stretch? If so, then it may be because your battery hasn't been connected tightly enough. Have you changed your battery recently? Maybe you didn't screw it down properly? OR, have you put in a mega huge sound system?
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #38
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatsports_cars
iam one of those people who cant type properly , dazzah have you thought about a 06 ford focus zetec mum has one and gees and got power for a little sukka it been such a great little car or even a mazda 6 or mazda 3, if i was in the market to buy a small car that what i will be buying and make sure it is a manual.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #39
TadKa
Wait? What?

Why would you sell a 05 xr6 to buy an 06 xr6. Wouldn't the 05 still be under warranty? I know dealing with warranty can be a problem but surely if there are major problems they should be fixed. Do you even have this car? you sound like a dhead. Maybe you should try getting a Cordia I hear you can hot them up with some intercooler piping.
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #40
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
not talking about anyone specifically but whats with the poor grammar and spelling of people here, mainly younger ones, you'd think that at 18-25 years of age you'd be able to type properly, not like a freakin 8 year old.
It's all over the forum, and plenty of it is from 'older' people as well (in their 40's etc). It's getting harder and harder to read posts these days and I think the issue is just getting worse!
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #41
dazzahh
Starter Motor

Tadka, i posted a previous thread of a small ammont of problems i am getting, today on the way to work my car broke down twice on the M4(engine turned off)

i have now visited ford 14 times with 10 invoices of warranty repairs and there is still alot of problems not fixed and i only have done 8000k's, ofc i own this car otherwise i wouldn't be here posting, paying almost 28grand i feel this car should be almost close to perfect,

My dads Ute which has done more then 190,000Kms has had less problems in its lifetime then in a period of one month with my car. so its quite frustrating

excuse my bad grammer through this ordeal :P
Old 07-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #42
TadKa
Wait? What?

fair enough. I'd be darned if I would have spent 28 grand in my first few months of driving. I was quite happy to buy an old Ed that I of course wrote off from a stupid accident caused by inexperiance. I'm 26 now and insurance is still a as the xr6 is apparently a "performance car". I find it so strange you have had problems with the 05 xr6. I've got an 03 xr6 that was a repaired write off before I had it and I've put 50k km's trouble free apart from brake shudder. It's a 5spd man and I drive it hard.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #43
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Just curious, are you constantly going to the same dealer? if so try another one maybe.

As most members on this forum will tell you, quality of Ford dealers service departments are really patchy (Harrison Ford in Melton anyone?) some are very good, and some are real shockers.

Just an idea you know, maybe not the car, but the shonky service department.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #44
TadKa
Wait? What?

"I was driving today, and i was doing quite high speed upto 110 - 160........to record how fast i can get to 100 and then 150....."

So let me get this right. Your a first year driver is a 1.7ton car that you have reported has problems with;
- Steering
- Vibrations
- Suspension
- Transmission
- Rear Wheels
- Rear Disks getting marks
- "Violent" brake shudder
- Engine cutting off (That would be fun at 150km/h if you lost brakes and steering)

Have you thought about becoming a rocket scientist?
Old 07-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #45
bingoTE50
Steve

Dazzah , remember these things are not bullet proof . The XR6 is a XT with some nice add ons . It is not a hand built motor , with beefed up drivelines etc .
I have had three BA's as company cars , one was a new car . I had various problems with all of them The last one I had I drove the auto in manual for a week to see the differences in fuel use . It packed it in within the week.
If you are trying to break it to make sure all faults are covered in your warranty period , you will keep on taking it back. No car other than a race prepped vehicle is designed to be flogged at every opportunity , like all things they are made to a budget, with compromises that reflect the intended use.
I would not talk of speed on public roads in these forums , too many of us have been touched by tragedies relating to road trauma , and maybe like myself ,know only to well what we did in vehicles when we were younger and what the consequences could have been !! My advice to you would to do a advanced driving course to find out what all the fuss is about in regards to reckless driving...
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #46
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
Dazzah , remember these things are not bullet proof . The XR6 is a XT with some nice add ons . It is not a hand built motor , with beefed up drivelines etc .
I have had three BA's as company cars , one was a new car . I had various problems with all of them The last one I had I drove the auto in manual for a week to see the differences in fuel use . It packed it in within the week.
If you are trying to break it to make sure all faults are covered in your warranty period , you will keep on taking it back. No car other than a race prepped vehicle is designed to be flogged at every opportunity , like all things they are made to a budget, with compromises that reflect the intended use.
I would not talk of speed on public roads in these forums , too many of us have been touched by tragedies relating to road trauma , and maybe like myself ,know only to well what we did in vehicles when we were younger and what the consequences could have been !! My advice to you would to do a advanced driving course to find out what all the fuss is about in regards to reckless driving...
That is 110%. Exactly everything your wrote there, was what I was thinking. :1syellow1
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #47
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Give the poor fella a break in regards to speeding on public roads, he's already said it was on private property. He cant help it if he thinks he's a race driver

I agree with your post also bingoTE50. They just aren't designed to be driven hard day in day out, thats not the purpose of a road car. And after owning my BA from almost new (6000kms, 12 months old, ex demo) for a bit over 18 months now I am also a little dissapointed in the build quality of it. There are dash squeeks, trim rattles, not to mention the clunky gearbox, clunky diff, and that handbrake!

I was very impressed with the gearbox when I first got it, I thought it was very intuitive as compared to my EF. Now it's indecisive and clunky which I wouldn't have expected after only 40,000kms. The engine still purrs like a kitten though, except when it roars :

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #48
dazzahh
Starter Motor

Thanks guys for the input starting to see more supportive posts, unfortunately as much as i want to flaw it every day and all day but i don't, only in the country i do which is a 1 - 2 day thing every month or so.

i am leaning towards trade it in and getting a 4CYL Suburu or another cheap car, then for the next 2 years of driving this, the amount of savings i have done with the petrol and insurance i can deposit the money and get a finance then grab a proper FPV like a thypoon V8 Manual or 6 Turbo when i get my full license.

I understand why people are very strict with reckless driving, its leads to death especially for people who are just doing the daily thing then getting hit by some crazy hoon. I may take the advice and grab the Advance course and see whats its like.

Anyone have any suggestions of a semi-nice cheap car that i can use for the next 2 years ??? :p friend said suburu since they are reliable

Thanks for everyones help
Old 07-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #49
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi due to problem and what not i am going to trade in my 2005 XR6 Falcon for either a 2006 - 7 XR6 Falcon or a Holden.

I cant quite makeup my mind, i have had extremely bad experiences with the XR6 and regret buying it, So i wanted to try holden out but even though they have the VZ 190W i heard that the XR6 still outperforms it in most aspects as in acceleration, Speed, Torque and interior design and looks more sporty. even though its a 180~ ish KW but it still has the 4.0L other then 3.6 or 3.8L

Although i am still learning about all these can i have recommendations, i mostly wanting the power and torque thats what i love about the XR6 but then again if the holden is better in the regard i will go to them.

Last night in my xr6 i was doing some intense driving, for an hour i was maxing out the engine to its limits, 0 - 150 continuously, hitting 5 - 6K revs and repeating this however on the 3RD go my engine completely shutdown on me and everything stopped working, luckily i was in the country and no one got hurt and all that showed was a battery light. If this is the case and normal for XR6 then i will goto a holden so what does everyone think?

no bias ford posters please just want it straight.
I think you should by the Holden.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #50
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
"Not talking about anyone specifically, but what's with the poor grammar and spelling of people here. Mainly younger ones. You'd think that at 18-25 years of age you'd be able to type properly, not like a freakin' 8 year old."

Try saying it all in one breath as one sentance!

Giggle....sorry couldn't help myself. I'm 22 by the way. Just thought I'd reassure you by showing that some of the younger generation were born with a brain. Few and far between, I know, but we are out there.
Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #51
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol nice catch mate. I always seem to make everything one giant sentence, although there was commas in there, so thats a pause ;)

and yes there are a fair few out there, im only 17. bagging my own age group..ain't good is it LOL
Old 07-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #52
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah, 17 you say. Clever enough to leave yourself out of the specified age bracket....lol
Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #53
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol, alright how about 10-55? that a better age bracket?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #54
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Thanks guys for the input starting to see more supportive posts, unfortunately as much as i want to flaw it every day and all day but i don't, only in the country i do which is a 1 - 2 day thing every month or so.

i am leaning towards trade it in and getting a 4CYL Suburu or another cheap car, then for the next 2 years of driving this, the amount of savings i have done with the petrol and insurance i can deposit the money and get a finance then grab a proper FPV like a thypoon V8 Manual or 6 Turbo when i get my full license.
Methinks before considering joining the FPV fraternity, learn at least to SPELL Typhoon (which, by the way are 6cyls, NOT V8)
Incidentally, I am "floored" by the "flaws" in your opening post... Sadly I see "statistic" waiting to happen unless you change?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #55
dazzahh
Starter Motor

10 - 55? lol with todays society you would expect bit more better grammer, even i am bad :P, i guess all the government funds in education are not working.

Don't worry, i have 2 years to go before joining the FPV club, i think i better head to school to brush up my FPV English skills.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #56
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
10 - 55? lol with todays society you would expect bit more better grammer, even i am bad :P, i guess all the government funds in education are not working.
I don't think it's fair to blame the government for poor grammar and spelling. Most people simply don't want to learn.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #57
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
I don't think it's fair to blame the government for poor grammar and spelling. Most people simply don't want to learn.
"bit more better" didnt bother you? Cood of bean moar worser I spose, he cood of sayed "bit more betterer".

Now close the light on your way out. :
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #58
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
"bit more better" didnt bother you? Cood of bean moar worser I spose, he cood of sayed "bit more betterer".

Gold!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #59
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Close the light? Close the door or window I can live with, but what does close the light mean?

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #60
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
and i have had my P's for 9months only when i goto the country or newcastle or nelsons bay i tend to flog it to really push the limits, I agree i am inexperienced but
Gentleman. Meet the latest temporary Australian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troppo
Close the light? Close the door or window I can live with, but what does close the light mean?
Could be that fmc351 understands the meaning of irony.