Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-02-2008, 07:08 PM   #31
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Mate, here's my best attempt for now, but I'm not ecstatic about the colour. It's pretty hard to get the metallic blue to appear well on a car that is only 80 pixels tall and half that width.

Right click and Save As:
http://www.stfocus.net/timmeh/TomTom/arcticnl.bmp

I'll keep playing to see if I can get it any better, but it might be as far as my photoshop skills can take me. If something doesn't look right to you, let me know.

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #32
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Alright I have tweaked the colour a bit to look less grey and more metallic blue.

Enjoy.

Tim
Old 08-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #33
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
Alright I have tweaked the colour a bit to look less grey and more metallic blue.

Enjoy.

Tim
BUY THIS MAN A DRINK!,
thank you sooo much for this timmeh!, really appreciate your time to do this for me, +1 to you!,
it works a treat, looks pretty scary seeing my car on the tom tom moving around , haha
cheers again
- Ash
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #34
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Excellent, glad you like it! It was all done freehand using your car as a colour reference and some other shots from carsales ads to try to get the rear lights shape working properly.

Nice (real) car, by the way.

Timmeh
Old 24-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #35
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
Awesome program that.

Just installed it onto my TomTom ONE, worked perfectly.

Though the install screen was in french, so just watch for that

Also didnt have the default.bmp cursor file either but who would want that now anyway !

Thanks for showing me this Tim !
Thanks Tim, I bought one of these today and then downloaded your program...Fantastic
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #36
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey man that is pretty cool, just tried it out on my Navman and it worked. Anychance of an icon of my car? I can't draw CGI's for crap
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2008, 12:45 AM   #37
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Thanks Tim, I bought one of these today and then downloaded your program...Fantastic
Excellent news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
Hey man that is pretty cool, just tried it out on my Navman and it worked. Anychance of an icon of my car? I can't draw CGI's for crap
I'll have a crack tomorrow morning using the photos of the car in your signature.

Timmeh
Old 25-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #38
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you do it to the Navman N40 ? cheers
Old 27-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #39
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
I thought I was going to be able to adapt one of the BA cars to an AU look, but my photoshop skills just aren't that good, sorry. I spent quite a while on it but it just was not working for me. Best I could do was make one from a photo of your car. If you provide a photo of your car at the angle you want, I can convert it into an icon for you.

http://www.stfocus.net/timmeh/TomTom/au.bmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Can you do it to the Navman N40 ? cheers
Really not sure, I wasn't even aware that it would on any Navman, so I really don't know if it will or not sorry. I don't have one here to try it on.

Timmeh
Old 27-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #40
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can do this on any GPS unit, with the Navman I just went through the settings looked for the file full of icons, had a look trhough them till I found the one that is the car icon. Backed it up to my computer (in case it went pair shaped) then I deleted it off the Navman and saved the picture provided here with the same name and format as the original icon.

And thatnks for the pic :
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #41
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sorry for the threadmine but I only just got a GPS early this week and tried this out.
I took a pic of my car from a balcony and made my own icon...the detail is almost good enough to make out the AFF and NT club stickers on the back window .

The photo isn't great though, partly because I haven't taken the plastic off the touchscreen yet.

Thanks timmeh

BA GT-P Blueprint

Last edited by troppo; 07-03-2008 at 09:32 PM.
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #42
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Nice one, good to see you got it working for you!

Timmeh
Old 07-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #43
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Hey tim...I don't suppose you can do the car in Black could you?...I tried and failed...It doesn't have to be a GT, an XR is fine

Cheers mate.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by ozmale42; 07-03-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #44
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just on these Sat Navs...I bought the Tom Tom One XL....What a fantastic device....The speedo readings are spot on with my cars own speedo and they do know when to change speed limits within a few metres of the road sign...I also love the camera warnings...But can it distinguish between a speed camera and a red light camera and how do you tell?

Not a bad gadget for around $400. My Sydney Street directory can now be used as a boat anchor

Only drawback is having to take it down from teh screen every time you get out of your car for fear of a break in....How do others mount theirs?...I was thinking of trying to mount it down low near the glove box so it's out of sight somewhat.