Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #31
paul_r_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid34
I got a question for somethig like this,
Say you lived on a main street and as MOSt people park their car on the nature strip..as your legally able to do?...
because everynight you park your car there(not onthe road but on the grassy part outside the front of your house), putting a 4sale sign on your car makes it different?!
Would like to know
- Ash
My bro was done for parking his car on a main road advertising it for sale. He rang the cops and they told him that is is illegal to park your car ANYWHERE with a for sale sign on it, other than private property. Nature strips outside of homes is considered public so therefore I guess you could be fined for parking there too.

You are have a very good point though.
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #32
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

If its a Council owned carpark, and its in QLD, yep , youre not allowed !

bummer eh !

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #33
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Down here in the Shire (Sutherland) I rang the council cause I knew they were a bit strict on it. I have the email response somewhere, will see if I can find it.

Apparently if it can be driven without removing the signs, ie just has a CarSales.com sticker or an A4 thing on the back window, then they don't mind. If it has huge billboards, flashing lights, dancing ladies, or Andrew Hansen a la surprise spruiker attached and you have to move them to drive, then they will fine you (my paraphrasing).

This is assuming it is just parked legally on the street etc. If is parked on an angle on a nature strip facing traffic etc, then you are fair game for a fine, regardless of signage.
Pinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 10:48 PM   #34
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Say you lived on a main street and as MOSt people park their car on the nature strip..as your legally able to do?...
because everynight you park your car there(not onthe road but on the grassy part outside the front of your house), putting a 4sale sign on your car makes it different?!
Would like to know
- Ash
I believe it is illegal in some councils to park on the nature strip.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #35
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
Down here in the Shire (Sutherland) I rang the council cause I knew they were a bit strict on it. I have the email response somewhere, will see if I can find it.

Drive past Endeavour High on a Sunday. There is ample resources to sell a car in the Shire.

~10 years ago when I got rid of my EF, I had some typed signs with For Sale, and a Phone Number. The car never got any un-wanted attention, and actually sold because of that (I didn't get a chance to put it into the Trading Post).

I haven't tried it recently, as none of my other cars went that way.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 09:47 AM   #36
290v
290v

I think this stinks fines like this it is our roads not council we pay for them in our rego and taxes yet councils clam them fair enough if you block a drivway or school eg but on the side of the road come on who actually owns the roads
290v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #37
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Hmmmm stupid law...
I have another question..
Say you have those carsales.com.au sticker on ur window, or those sticker with ur number and 4sale on ur back window...and parked it in the street (where you live),
are you liable to get fined:S?!
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 11:27 AM   #38
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the laws came in because there were areas that were attacting large numbers of car and causing a problem . we had an area here at one stage that always had 20 to 30 cars for sale at any time on the main highway cars would slow down to look causing a problem with traffic . so I can see their point but sometimes the can be a bit harsh
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #39
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we had an EF fairmont for sale in Townsville parked on the main highway (the Bruce hwy, so it was a Federal law) into town parked with a few others as well. we got a courtesy note left on the windscreen to tell us it was illegal to do such and if the vehicle was seen there again we would cop a fine. i thought that was ok as they warned us first of some obscure, pathetic law. Australia, the free, democratic society.............yeah right.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #40
Benzito
Lurker

I live in the Blue Mountains, NSW, on a main road that is regularly 'cruised' by cops, ticketing speeders. Cops would drive past this house every single day.
I was selling a Magna about 6 months ago. We have a nature strip on the opposite side of the road, cause there's train tracks, no houses. No-one ever really parks on it though, and it is hardly 'mine', cause it's not even on my side of the road.
I still left my Magna parked there every afternoon and night for 3 solid months, with a HUGE sign filling the whole windscreen. Not a single ticket or anything.
Maybe the cops here are lazy, or maybe they considered this to be fair game, being outside my house?
Quote:
Would like to know
- Ash
Benzito is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #41
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the cops have better things to do . it's the lone ranger from the council that books you for this , you know not smart enough to get into the cops so he gets off on booking people for anything they can and feeling like a hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzito
I live in the Blue Mountains, NSW, on a main road that is regularly 'cruised' by cops, ticketing speeders. Cops would drive past this house every single day.
I was selling a Magna about 6 months ago. We have a nature strip on the opposite side of the road, cause there's train tracks, no houses. No-one ever really parks on it though, and it is hardly 'mine', cause it's not even on my side of the road.
I still left my Magna parked there every afternoon and night for 3 solid months, with a HUGE sign filling the whole windscreen. Not a single ticket or anything.
Maybe the cops here are lazy, or maybe they considered this to be fair game, being outside my house?
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post