Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #31
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Mate of mine has two cars:

1. An NXR coupe (thats a little riced up but still nice)
2. A VTII Clubby

The NXR he rarely gets people wanting to race (normally some s#itbox commo or e-series falcon) but gets pulled over all the time by cops, simply due to the car (he is known as mr 2 grand)

The Clubby every man, women and their dog wanna race him (including a VZ 6litre commo). But has been pulled over once by the cops because their was a VT clubby that was stolen in the area. But it annoys the hell out of him the fact that people wanna race him as he bought the car as a cruiser and wanted something different from a jap import.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #32
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
That would be double Standards , By law they cannot guess your speed based on their speedo ( Racing you ), they must also be in a stopped parked position in order to get your speed reading from a radar device.
radar/lidar works while the car is moving as well.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #33
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Don't want people trying to race, have you ever thought of becoming a member of your local RSL/Bowls club and putting their sticker in the back window?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #34
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Don't want people trying to race, have you ever thought of becoming a member of your local RSL/Bowls club and putting their sticker in the back window?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you talking about I get old farts in Camry's trying to race me all the time.

Love the look on their face when they realise the Camry Sportivo which they spent their super on isn't as fast as the salesman says it is lol
Old 12-11-2007, 01:10 PM   #35
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86

Better still - whack a bowling hat on the back parcel shelf with some doyleys...

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #36
AndyZH

My daily driver is a 2001 Clubsport (dont start) and its a magnet for every flog and his dog to have a go. Its amusing really and after a while very easy to ignore.

Went for a drive in a 2003 911 Turbo recently, and was told by the owner that people never bother him with drags as they know they have no point. While driving it I was surprised to find that was the case, everyone kept their distance.

Re Police trying to goad you into speeding - I had an unmarked police car sit right up my clacker around some of Canberras lovely big open dual lane sweepers pushing me to take off, but could see the white flashing light thing in the middle of the dash... it was a bit of a laugh to then sit 10km/hr below the limit and wait for him to blast past... They will try it on, and 99% of the time they get away with it.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #37
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

I wouldn't have given the GTS the satisfaction...... let him lose HIS licence.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:55 PM   #38
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyZH
My daily driver is a 2001 Clubsport (dont start) and its a magnet for every flog and his dog to have a go. Its amusing really and after a while very easy to ignore.

Went for a drive in a 2003 911 Turbo recently, and was told by the owner that people never bother him with drags as they know they have no point. While driving it I was surprised to find that was the case, everyone kept their distance.

Re Police trying to goad you into speeding - I had an unmarked police car sit right up my clacker around some of Canberras lovely big open dual lane sweepers pushing me to take off, but could see the white flashing light thing in the middle of the dash... it was a bit of a laugh to then sit 10km/hr below the limit and wait for him to blast past... They will try it on, and 99% of the time they get away with it.
What are you talking bout? I felt like being a d!ck the other day so I baited a Porsche Boxter into flooring it. Poor bastard got pulled over up the road.

Feel bad but the bloke was a both literally (he chucked rubbish out window) and in the Tony Abott sense.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #39
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how hard is it to just not respond? dead set its not like someone revs their engine and all of a sudden you HAVE TO RACE!!! just pull the choke chain on your ego and settle the down.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #40
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
......., this guy wouldn't give up his dying for a race, I let it go , he gets ****ed , driving closer to my car and , at this stage I've had enough wacked it back down to 2nd already had him by 3 cars at speed XXXkph. I slow back down to speed limit ......
Why would you risk your life and that of your missus in doing such a manouvre?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #41
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
how hard is it to just not respond? dead set its not like someone revs their engine and all of a sudden you HAVE TO RACE!!! just pull the choke chain on your ego and settle the down.
Best comment on this thread. If you've ever been to the site of a fatality that was caused by racing then you would understand why you shouldn't make that decision to race which could tragically alter/effect your life. If you haven't been to a fatality, then just remember back to the future 2 and 3 for the reason as to why it's stupid.

And really, what you gain is something meaningless. Imagine spending the rest of your life in a wheelchair because you wanted to run a commodore and it all went pear shaped.

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 12-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #42
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
That would be double Standards , By law they cannot guess your speed based on their speedo ( Racing you ), they must also be in a stopped parked position in order to get your speed reading from a radar device.
This is why all new undercover highway patrol cars are being fitted with cameras which have a GPS speed set in them, which can obviously be shown in a court of law...

Street racing is stupid and illegal, im sure all of us have done it at one point in our stupid lives, but with the way the laws are getting not its easier to watch and laugh.. I find up here in QLD the only ones who really want to race are the losers in their shitbox VS's etc, most people who have the money to have a decent car nowadays respect them and try and do the right thing on the streets.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:42 PM   #43
savagE
Complete ****** n bogan

Your the pussy.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #44
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

I reckon "DABOSS" started this thread just to tell everyone that he smoked a ve gts and I dont realy blame him,I would be happy to :
Old 12-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #45
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

This thread has turned into a BS fest of what to do and what not to do ect ect, at the end of the day it's my experince that I was conveying as to what happened on that night thats all, I'm not asking for approval as to what I did as we all know street racing is very dangerous and stupid.

As I dont want this to turn into a oh his got an ego ...and he thinks his car is fast and all that other BS.

Take it as it is for what it is thats all. not, personal view point's of whats wrong and whats right. As we all know what that is.

Thank You.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:21 PM   #46
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
This is why all new undercover highway patrol cars are being fitted with cameras which have a GPS speed set in them, which can obviously be shown in a court of law...

Street racing is stupid and illegal, im sure all of us have done it at one point in our stupid lives, but with the way the laws are getting not its easier to watch and laugh.. I find up here in QLD the only ones who really want to race are the losers in their shitbox VS's etc, most people who have the money to have a decent car nowadays respect them and try and do the right thing on the streets.
my life isnt stupid. lol

I have done it a couple of times. But its been on the tonkin hwy. You get to the lights and a crappy "VS commy" pulls up next to you with altezza tail lights and a big jet pilot sticker on the back. They rev there engine thinking there car is allmighty and powerfull. Then I take off and have 5-10 car lengths on them by 100kmh(the speed limit), and thats where I back off.

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
Old 12-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #47
WOLF
Track Red XY

the attraction to GT's is undeniable, especially if there are obvious "go" enhancements....I must admit if I see one of these in traffic, can't help but catch up and have a closer look and even a flirt hehe

The sound of two V8's side by side making sweet music makes my day!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #48
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Rob
the attraction to GT's is undeniable, especially if there are obvious "go" enhancements....I must admit if I see one of these in traffic, can't help but catch up and have a closer look and even a flirt hehe

I agree mate,if I se a gt/xr8 or any v8 for that matter,it's just a natural reflex to give it a bit,or alot........
Old 12-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #49
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Not quite sure there Forrest..

Oh thats it I drive a Ford.
Wait wait... you got baited, and youre calling him 'Forrest'?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #50
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8Rob

hahaha 16 cylinders of pure Ego......
Old 12-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #51
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Wait wait... you got baited, and youre calling him 'Forrest'?
:togo:
Old 12-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #52
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT
:
Old 12-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #53
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'll look for your car on youtube

it'll be the one crushed into a cube after you get caught racing lol
Old 12-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #54
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
i'll look for your car on youtube

it'll be the one crushed into a cube after you get caught racing lol
ha ha ha thats funny.......
Old 12-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #55
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ha ha ha thats funny.......
lol

take it to the track next time. then you can have a timeslip printout and maybe some photos on the net of you doing a sick burnout which will show him who's boss (lol pun intended)
Old 12-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #56
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
:togo:
Id call you a halfwit, but that would give you too much credit, Forest.

Can you spell 'deluded'?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #57
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD3V
I reckon "DABOSS" started this thread just to tell everyone that he smoked a ve gts and I dont realy blame him,I would be happy to :
Happy to admit to street racing? :
Old 12-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #58
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Id call you a halfwit, but that would give you too much credit, Forest.

Can you spell 'deluded'?

some people are plain simple stupid. : whats your deal bud u got issues?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #59
WOLF
Track Red XY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT
hell yeah, had one such experience last week with an immaculate blueprint GT....a bit of harmless mutual "flirting" ensued (he started it I swear) thumbs up and a smile exchanged.
Reminds me of the days it used to be fun driving on our roads...now I avoid it every chance and take the tram haha

Hey Kev, I assume you still leave the "lights" at snails pace these days
Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #60
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
some people are plain simple stupid. : whats your deal bud u got issues?
No issues that allow me to be goaded into street races.

How infantile are you when someone else can control your mind?

If you want to see plain stupid, find yourself a mirror.
Closed Thread