Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 31-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #31
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
Actually Cam, I’m extremely surprised that you haven’t already gone down there and had words to him. Shows great self control, especially when you actually saw him doing what he did! I would most certainly be going to another mechanic, makes you wonder how many times he has done this before or if he takes your car home and uses it as a taxi service the other times you have taken it to him. Going off your nut isn’t the way to go about it though so waiting is always good, that way you have it clear in your head what you are going to say and do about the situation. Make sure he knows that you and your girlfriend saw him that it wasn’t just word of mouth, it’s always harder for people to deny stuff when it’s seen first hand. Most of all, be cool and as calm as you can be while talking to him, as blasting him will only get his back up and it could turn into a bad situation.
Arhh Kristy, hun I can always rely on you for motherly advice I am a model of self control nowdays

I am going to approach him once he is done with my car, i usually check how many km are on the clock before i drop it off but this time i didn't, now i am kicking myself! I think i am going to approach it by going "man i saw you the other day when i was walking home as you picked someone up from the bus stop and damn my car sounds good at 6000rpm" and see what he says. I reakon if i approach it like that he will be more likely to admit it, and then i'll go off my head

Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Old 31-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #32
t2te50
Banned

I sometimes stretch the legs out on customers cars but never BURNOUTS, FISHIES, REDLINE. Treat my own car with little respect because I know what it can harness, a customers cars a ticking time bomb.

Engine could have no oil, many a mechanic has kicked a leg out of bed this way.
Seals could be rooted, hate to blow a rear main!!!!
Trans might be low on oil, very easy to blow up etc, etc
Old 31-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #33
TZENU
XY Driv3r

I would definitely be confronting this mechanic...
My mate took his series 5 RX7 to get his brakes bleed as some shop... Whilst they were getting done i was out cruising in the XY... I had to pull over to the side of the road because my wheel nuts had come off.. I had no jack in the car so i called my mate to drop off his jack and some wheel nuts....
About 5 minutes later i see his RX7 at the lights making a U-turn and thought to myself that was bloody quick brakes bleed and his here to drop off the jack and nuts....
Anyway, the light turns green and i see this Rx make the U-turn then proceed to dump the clutch and send the car sideways up the street flying past me... Yes it was the mechanic!!!
As soon as my mate rocked up we headed straight to the shop and blasted him.. He had the balls to say that its meant to be driven like that!

So if i where you like you said wait till they are finished then let him know how you feel
Old 31-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #34
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2te50
Trans might be low on oil, very easy to blow up etc, etc
Exactly right, my auto is in need of a service as its getting a bit sloppy, i have already blown one auto before i built a beefed up auto, i wonder if he'd fork out 3k for a replacement?
Old 31-07-2007, 10:40 AM   #35
FPVForce6
Starter Motor

When I first went to pick up my car from the dealer, i had to wait about 10mins whilst someone was "filling up in petrol" (had around 20km on the clock).

Funniest thing it had a average fuel consumption of 77L/100km when they walked me through the console. Go figure....
Old 31-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #36
JOSH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

a bloke who tuned mine last week melted pistons on the dyno. was not impressed
Old 31-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #37
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfords-dot-org
Arhh Kristy, hun I can always rely on you for motherly advice I am a model of self control nowdays

I am going to approach him once he is done with my car, i usually check how many km are on the clock before i drop it off but this time i didn't, now i am kicking myself! I think i am going to approach it by going "man i saw you the other day when i was walking home as you picked someone up from the bus stop and damn my car sounds good at 6000rpm" and see what he says. I reakon if i approach it like that he will be more likely to admit it, and then i'll go off my head

hehehe thanks for making me feel old Cam! heheheh

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 31-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #38
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

this behavior sickens me. I get fired up with this type of disrespect and frankly I wanna beat the crap out of mechanics that do this. But I know there are a few mechanics out there who are decent enough to trust and hence why I try and stay calm about it.

fastfords - I hope you have success in what ever direction you take with this moron. Please post up the bloody pics on this site after your done.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 31-07-2007, 11:00 AM   #39
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

should of got the phone camera out....taken it further or reported the car stolen after seeing that take place

give him everything u got, in front of customers, the lot

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
Old 31-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #40
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Reading through the posts, they're highly non-constructive and just plain stupid.

As if you'd actually beat up a mechanic because he thrashed your car. Keep in mind, he has a nice array of tools to return the favour. It's a waste of time.

Shouting in his face will solve nothing.

Tech Trainer has the most sensible solution; Calmly tell him that due to witnessing your car being driven in an unsatisfactory manner (as well as being used for non-business purposes), you will be taking your business elsewhere and simply leave it at that.

They will apologise and say it will never happen again, but apologies can be cheap. Simply keep walking. They will soon learn that driving somebody else's car should be done for business primarily, not for pleasure (in their case).
Old 31-07-2007, 11:05 AM   #41
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

i dont think they will learn even after you tell them your taking your business else where. They will end up doing it to someone elses car, and so on and so forth.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 31-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #42
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BS being nice solves nothing......... its part of being human that we take it as if theyve learnt their lesson and forget it 2secs after the customer walks out the door

the mech has to be taught a lesson, we learn from our mistakes...... until he loses his job and has to pay a fine or is charged will he understand....or be really dumb and try take it out on something....

but either way violence SOLVES NOTHING and never would i beat up on someone, youd just get charged for assault and he'd win..... if u have proof take it too him, demand compensation or take action... simple

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
Old 31-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #43
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Quote:
I think i am going to approach it by going "man i saw you the other day when i was walking home as you picked someone up from the bus stop and damn my car sounds good at 6000rpm" and see what he says. I reakon if i approach it like that he will be more likely to admit it, and then i'll go off my head

Very good way of sussing out what the deal is.............. it's a hard thing not to go postal, but at least this way you have the car back and the "work" has been done (which i'd checking on that too....)AND whilst you'd feel better, belting him will achieve nothing - except lowering yourself to his scummy level.......... still might be worth checking out consumer affairs - someone else who had the same experience by him might have done the same thing so there is a record of it.......

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Old 31-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #44
bingoTE50
Steve

ask him for a drive of his car... Another is insurance... what happens if the guy is under 25 ..I am up for mega bucks if some clown stacks my car on a test drive and is under 25.. I make a point of saying no test pilots>>>
Old 31-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #45
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Exactly right, my auto is in need of a service as its getting a bit sloppy, i have already blown one auto before i built a beefed up auto, i wonder if he'd fork out 3k for a replacement?
Dont get mad, get even.

I would bite your tongue this time. Book your car in with him again, but stress that you really need a loan car or borrow his own car. Make up a sob story about how you really cant afford to not be able to get around for the day. Hopefully he'll give you his own car or even the work run around. Take it somewhere and just go to town in it. Drive the thing like your stole it, destroy his tyres, run the thing around everywhere in first gear until it's almost overheating.

Trust me, it'll make you feeel ooohhhhh so much better. Take it back with rubber all over the guards, smoke coming out of the brakes and concrete dust all over the rims where you've been slamming it into gutters. then proceed to tell him that it pulls a little to the left and might be due for a wheel balance.

Grab your keys and walk away with a big grin on your face.

We had a service managers BF XT out in the paddock trashing it after i saw my ute being dragged down the road by an f-250 with locked rear wheels after they botched the install of my new diff. Was so mad.

Same dealer was using my electricians immaculate 7.3L TD F-250 do pick parts up and do running around with. They had a rear axle in the back seat when he caught them red handed after a phone call from his wife who had seen it. They took a big chunk out of his suicide door trying to get the axle out and told him to just cover it up or try and glue it back down because 'do you know how much those door trims cost mate.'

Only way you can truely trust your car to many places now is to have a flash tuner with a valet tune installed if you leave it for non engine related work, or sit there and wait for it.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #46
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
ask him for a drive of his car... Another is insurance... what happens if the guy is under 25 ..I am up for mega bucks if some clown stacks my car on a test drive and is under 25.. I make a point of saying no test pilots>>>

I was always under the impression that the workshops had to have their own insurance cover for driving customers cars?

Otherwise i thought it wouldnt be worth the risk of test driving anyones car because you'd have no way of knowing if it was or wasnt insured? And technically it's the driver who would be responsible for the accident and the consequences/costs, not the owner.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #47
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
hehehe thanks for making me feel old Cam! heheheh

XR6Gal, your not old , just experienced !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 31-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #48
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty
Dont get mad, get even.

I would bite your tongue this time. Book your car in with him again, but stress that you really need a loan car or borrow his own car. Make up a sob story about how you really cant afford to not be able to get around for the day. Hopefully he'll give you his own car or even the work run around. Take it somewhere and just go to town in it. Drive the thing like your stole it, destroy his tyres, run the thing around everywhere in first gear until it's almost overheating.

Trust me, it'll make you feeel ooohhhhh so much better. Take it back with rubber all over the guards, smoke coming out of the brakes and concrete dust all over the rims where you've been slamming it into gutters. then proceed to tell him that it pulls a little to the left and might be due for a wheel balance.

Grab your keys and walk away with a big grin on your face.

We had a service managers BF XT out in the paddock trashing it after i saw my ute being dragged down the road by an f-250 with locked rear wheels after they botched the install of my new diff. Was so mad.

Same dealer was using my electricians immaculate 7.3L TD F-250 do pick parts up and do running around with. They had a rear axle in the back seat when he caught them red handed after a phone call from his wife who had seen it. They took a big chunk out of his suicide door trying to get the axle out and told him to just cover it up or try and glue it back down because 'do you know how much those door trims cost mate.'

Only way you can truely trust your car to many places now is to have a flash tuner with a valet tune installed if you leave it for non engine related work, or sit there and wait for it.
Not a bad idea, he has a street registered rally car, i might hit him up
lol
Old 31-07-2007, 12:05 PM   #49
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
XR6Gal, your not old , just experienced !
Nah she's not old at all, she just makes sure that i behave or she'll open a can of whoop a$$, thats what friends are for :
Old 31-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #50
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not a bad idea, he has a street registered rally car, i might hit him up
lol

Trust me, nothing cuts deeper than when the shoe is on the other foot and he see's it has been done to his own car. And hell its such a good way to supress your feelings of anger and annoyance at seeing your own pride and joy being flogged. Just think of those 2 little burnouts he did in yours, compare that with the box of donuts you left with his car and walla, instant smiles.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #51
robbo_yobbo
Kick out tha Jams

hahaha^
mate of mine got a loan car that wouldnt shift properly, and the mechanic had already dicked him around so he just came and picked me up and we went for an all day cruise in 2nd gear.... it didnt die, but I dont think it was far off the cards.....

But pickup the car, and refuse to pay, tell him how much he owes you and that his services have already been deducted.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #52
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

I have been hit by a young girl on a test drive and she wrote off my customers car ( VH commo) just after I did 2 grand of work to it. Needless to say it was one of the hardest things I have ever done, telling him that his car was written off, even though it was totally not my fault.
I have worked in numerous workshops over the years and have seen some extraordinary things done to customers cars.
I would just politely pick my car up pay for the bill and then calmly advice him that he wont be seeing your business anymore.
If he is a decent mechanic and has any pride in his workshop, just knowing he has lost a loyal customer will be all the hurt he needs.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #53
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I know how you could screw him without it affecting you.
Give the cops a call and advise them that you witnessed a hoon driving like an idiot, give them the rego no of your car and the exact time and place it happened.
The cops will come and see you about it and you tell them it was with your mechanic at that exact time, then ask if they'd like to go down there with you to sort it out.

It would be priceless to see his face.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #54
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

Go and ***k his Mrs. When he asks why, just say I was only doing to your Mrs. what you were doing to my car.

After that, never take it back.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #55
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Straight out violence never solves anything. Who knows what type of friends he has or what may happen to you if you come off 2nd best. You could confront him, you know him better than any of us. You should seek advice whether it be fair trading or through a solicitor. And take appropriate action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry 351
Go and ***k his Mrs. When he asks why, just say I was only doing to your Mrs. what you were doing to my car.

After that, never take it back.
Are you serious :
Old 31-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #56
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
I know how you could screw him without it affecting you.
Give the cops a call and advise them that you witnessed a hoon driving like an idiot, give them the rego no of your car and the exact time and place it happened.
The cops will come and see you about it and you tell them it was with your mechanic at that exact time, then ask if they'd like to go down there with you to sort it out.

It would be priceless to see his face.
lol that would be classic!!

I have emailed the office of fair trading, will let you know of their reply.

I am fuming about this and stewing about it all day is driving me nuts, i want to call him and go off my nut but we all know that wont achieve Jack.. :
Old 31-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #57
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i would have gone back to the workshop straight away.. and demanded my car back.. and explain why....

but.. as it's too late for that... i would calmy bring it up.. and ask if he treats all his customers cars in such a manner... and that it is very unlikely he will have your business anymore... perhaps mention fordforums.. and that you will advise others of your story...

an aquantence of mine has a WRX STi... which he took to a workshop close to town... he has after market computer.. which can be used to find peak rpm.. boost and speed... when he got the car back... peak rpm was at redline.. peak boost was 21psi.. and peak speed was in excess of 160km/h... (inner city.. there are no highways to do such speed so they've done this on tight closed streets)... they denied driving the car at all.. and said it hadn't left the workshop...
Old 31-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #58
BlackLS

Buy a big white van and get it sign written with "This mechanic has no respect for your car! Take your business elsewere!

"Unhappy customer witnessed (mechanics name) running personal errands, speeding and burnouts in the customer's car. The mechanic has admitted to this happening"

After you get them to admit to their wrong doing on tape, then park the van out the front.

Old 31-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #59
dub351
xw falcon

Quote:
So anyone recommend a good mechanic in the Springwood area?

I have heard that Adaptatune on Randall st, Slacks Creek (near moss st) is fairly good.
Old 31-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #60
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Oh and he is in Underwood QLD, They are Called "Icy Cool Car Care"

So anyone recommend a good mechanic in the Springwood area?
Can't recommend anyone in Springwood area but if you want a Mechanic who is extremely careful with over 25 years experience, an absolute perfectionist and the nicest bloke to boot.........give Kevin a call at MAS on 3376 7918, they have a workshop over at Sumner Park, nowhere near Springwood but well worth the trip.

Give this "Hoon Mechanic" the flick.......he is simply not showing any respect to you or your car, if he's treating it like that out on the road then why would he be treating it with any respect while he's servicing it?
Closed Thread