Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #31
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default Re: Changing Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
if you put your hand up above the ECU you will feel the cable coming in just follow it from there
I have the aerial fitted with the male plug I just can't find the female connector it plugs to
Old 15-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #32
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

AHHH...finally,I knew I had the right cord but it would not pull out. I was going to unclip the ecu holder but one of the bolts had a pop rivot holding it in. In the end I did and found the suspected female connector jammed behind the ECU! I have no doubt that happened years ago when when put in the quick shift. Now onto the brake switch which I had to replace 3 years ago but is now not playing the game!!.......the fun of the AU
Old 15-08-2011, 09:08 PM   #33
HLC
Audi S3

I think my electric aerial is draining my battery, dont ask me how, but when i get the battery in the car with charge i hear this electrical humming noise which sounds a lot like the aerial trying to retract itself.

Is there a fuse or something that i can just unplug to kill it??? without having to peel back the guard and get my arm up inside to pull the plug????

Thanks!

^^^^^^^ tips on the brake switch too? mines had it!! Where do you buy them as well?