Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #31
Turbotory
SYTTG

I did have a used car dealer once let me take a car home for the night just to let me see if i liked it too! Interesting tactic!
Old 27-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #32
Teflon Turbo
Banned

the rwc excuse has been poppin' up all weekend, too busy to get one!
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #33
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

i loved the ad on my xr6: sports auto(same auto as in all the BA's, not really that sporty..) stunning not a mark on it (two small scratches popped out within moments, i pointed them out and they shrugged me off) leather...and it didnt have leather.....they had no reply to that but, "must have been a different black BA we had in..despite the fact they told me they hadent had one in 6 months....ah yes got those two ads mixed up did we??
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 09:55 AM   #34
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I once sold a WRX to a young couple (I'm talking private sale) and the selling point was not the handling or power but the fact that I randomly pointed out it had ISOFIX approved child restraints in the rear seat for fixing a baby seat. I later found out she was pregnant and this sold her on it. The gent thanked me later
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #35
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also when I buy a car google the mobile number of the seller. Its amazing what you can find out when you play detective. Such as they have had about 20 other cars for sale in the last 6 months so the whole "we have had this car since new" rubbish, becomes "I buy damaged cars from auction for peanuts then flog it to you after my cousin Habib has patched them up"...
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #36
Ringo
I see you....

My personal favorite is the when a dealer has it advertised as 'credit to its previous owner'

what does that mean exactly when a car dealer has that on it - did the dealer pay more for it? I think not.....
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #37
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Also when I buy a car google the mobile number of the seller. Its amazing what you can find out when you play detective. Such as they have had about 20 other cars for sale in the last 6 months so the whole "we have had this car since new" rubbish, becomes "I buy damaged cars from auction for peanuts then flog it to you after my cousin Habib has patched them up"...
That's actually a very good idea! I generally do that same search, but only within the site I found the actual car.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #38
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotory
Female driver hey...? So its been washed twice in 10 years... been running round low on oil & water, under inflated tyres, played dodgem cars at every supermarket, possibly had children puking on the seats.... Serviced by dad every few years and loves having drinks spilled on the seats by drunk friends. I generalise... but generally... generalisations are true!
You just described my sister's Vectra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 12:01 PM   #39
bjr22n_
XR5TBO

When I was looking around, I found a Mazda Astina 323 (years and years ago) it looked really clean on the outside, polished up and nice set of mags, tinted window... etc

One Lady owner since new...

I decided to have a look... and it stunk. Macdonlds and KFC wrappers under the seats, questionable stains on the back seat. the drivers seat was twisted and I asked the seller... was the Lady owner Hulk Hogans mother?

DJR Team mate #14
bjr22n_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #40
dragonV8
1BAD302

There is one thing that always gets me. A $29,000 Ford (what else would one buy?) for arguments sake.

"Will not last"

Mkay, so why buy something that wont last?? used:

Fond Of Reasonating Decibles.
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #41
Teflon Turbo
Banned

My next ad will go somethng like this.

First to see will buy, going overseas, moving overseas, lady owner,
driven by lady, won't dissapoint, mature owner, one owner, log books, never been in accident,
selling due to buying a house, due to ill health, now have company car, no room for 2 cars,
no test pilots, growing family, need a ute for work, recently serviced, had the car since new,
immaculate condition, excelent condition, good condition, showroom condition, great condition,
as new, make an offer, ono, obo, reasonable offers considered, need it gone, RWC (no rwc really),
lost my licence, great family car, suite p-plater, fastidious owner, fussy owner, unfinished project,
suite restoration, great first car, lost my job, been in the family for 20 years, after you buy do the
Fonzi thing to start the car, car was welded together from 2 separate cars....

I cant think of anything else aaaaahhhhhh!
Old 29-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #42
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^ you forgot:

"Great power... but never flogged... honestly"

thats one on my favourites
Old 29-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #43
Teflon Turbo
Banned

oh yeah that's a goodie too
Old 04-10-2009, 12:18 AM   #44
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon Turbo
My next ad will go somethng like this.

First to see will buy, going overseas, moving overseas, lady owner,
driven by lady, won't dissapoint, mature owner, one owner, log books, never been in accident,
selling due to buying a house, due to ill health, now have company car, no room for 2 cars,
no test pilots, growing family, need a ute for work, recently serviced, had the car since new,
immaculate condition, excelent condition, good condition, showroom condition, great condition,
as new, make an offer, ono, obo, reasonable offers considered, need it gone, RWC (no rwc really),
lost my licence, great family car, suite p-plater, fastidious owner, fussy owner, unfinished project,
suite restoration, great first car, lost my job, been in the family for 20 years, after you buy do the
Fonzi thing to start the car, car was welded together from 2 separate cars....

I cant think of anything else aaaaahhhhhh!
What about genuine seller? Because you know I just randomly spent $50+ to advertise my car for sale and take photos because I am bored dont you?
:
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #45
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I just bought a car, was advertised with "Full log books".

Log books meant the instruction pamphlet for the radio....

If it didn't have such low kays, I would have told them where to go for wasting my time.
LOL But isn't that the whole point of log books?? You can't turn around and say "Oh no log books but I bought it because it had low kays" because The log books are there to prove not only the service history but to prove the kays on the car! You may find you've been sold a windbackerer!!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #46
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
LOL But isn't that the whole point of log books?? You can't turn around and say "Oh no log books but I bought it because it had low kays" because The log books are there to prove not only the service history but to prove the kays on the car! You may find you've been sold a windbackerer!!
Yeah I hear ya, and the same thought crossed my mind. The car in question is not a very common model, and at the time the only other car with the same specs and the same price was in Perth. I went out with the intention of driving the car home that day.

The price was also negotiated to take this into account. The car was bought for around 4 grand less than market value. The car was also taken to a service centre the week after purchase to hook up the car to a diagnostic computer to see if it found anything untoward. And it didn't
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #47
Spudz27
Call me Spud

First thing I did when I bought my Camry was get a log book, so when I sell it the buyer can see the history and fuel mileage etc.

I bought the car being told by the dealer "oh we have always serviced this car etc etc" Found out when I took it in to have something fixed (1 week after purchase), that it had not had a recall job done on it. The recall was issued in 07, so tell me how they never did anything about it if they were always servicing it.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #48
Skotty
Banned

A great one from the caryard is when you pick accident damage on a car and they deny its been in a prang...

Like when we got my ex's KS Verada, it had accy damage that had been "repaired" they told me it hadn't been in a prang... ugh funny how they tried to tell me that when I went straight there after work with my work shirt on "Cole Motors Crash Repairs" lol!
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #49
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A friend of mine was selling a car, had a fair price on it and to be honest it was a very god example of that particular car, this bloke come and had a look at it and they decided to go for a "test drive" and this is a conversation they had

BUYER : this seems to be quite a good car, but I am looking at another one in better condition for half the money

SELLER : WOW! you better go buy that one then before I do, where was it advertised??

BUYER : fumes and didn't buy

and on the subject of RWC as I am currently trying to sell a car and every lug nuts asks me two questions in this order "does it come with a roadworthy" and "how many kays it done"

I am reluctant to get a roadworthy on the car as I simply do not want to spend the money on it as this will eat into monetary loss I am already taking on the car. I have had numerous arguments with people trying to tell me I have to supply a roadworthy, to which I reply "see that BA, its mine I paid a hell of alot more for that than I am asking for this, and I didnt get a RWC" I am tired of getting lumbered with doing RWCs on cars when I buy I do rwc when i sell I do rwc its driving me mental..

in case anybody is wondering the car I selling is an AU2 XR6 sedan w/VCT - blue with 275 thou on it want 7k - want more info PM me

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #50
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
and on the subject of RWC as I am currently trying to sell a car and every lug nuts asks me two questions in this order "does it come with a roadworthy" and "how many kays it done"

in case anybody is wondering the car I selling is an AU2 XR6 sedan w/VCT - blue with 275 thou on it want 7k - want more info PM me
does it come with a rwc??? :
Old 22-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #51
Poorboy_racer

I was looking at a car at a dealers once and noticed an oil leak. The guy said thats what we in the trade call 'natural sepage'.
I said thats what I call B.S.
Poorboy_racer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #52
1streetmachine1

what about... " a real headturner" on almost every ad i see, there mostly stock cars with 17 inch povvo rims
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #53
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by X000BOSS
does it come with a rwc??? :
thats not funny : :

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #54
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My pet hate is when it is advertised as "fully optioned", yet when the car is inspected, it becomes clear that a number of optional extras were not fitted to the car, ever.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #55
Windsor220
Now Fordless

"XR6 lookalike" when its just a standard Falcon with rims.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post