Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #31
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Some VIC Camera speeding fines scrapped

I wonder how many people died as a result of this reckless speeding.. 25kmph over with workers on the road and everything!!
Old 19-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #32
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual View Post
Can you believe in 73 minutes, a camera caught almost 1000 people speeding! 242 over 25kmh over who would lose their licence for a month, and 22 would have lost their licence for 6 months! Something wrong there! Police say its fair enough that they all lose their licence!.....
I wonder how many crashes occured with that severly excessive speed??
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #33
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Many Kittens died that day.

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #34
desGT

Yeah, stupid isnt it? Definately need to get home a couple of extra minutes early. But, imagine working where cars are speeding past you, wondering if you would even get home if someone does something wrong (never happen though eh?).
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #35
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desGT View Post
Yeah, stupid isnt it? Definately need to get home a couple of extra minutes early. But, imagine working where cars are speeding past you, wondering if you would even get home if someone does something wrong (never happen though eh?).
Did you read the thread?
This user likes this post:
Old 20-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #36
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Reminds me when WAPOL stuck a fixed camera on the Mitchell freeway a few years ago and caught 20,000 speeders in just 5 days!

They were all pardoned of course... because we all know the majority rules.

I am perplexed when I see those big white vans trying to hide behind a bush at night. If the V1 doesn't alert me in time, their choice of colour surely does. And when the detector goes quiet, my car somehow goes into 2nd gear and roars past them..... I think it gives the camera operator a warm & fuzzy feeling that they're making a difference on our roads and it's not just revenue raising and adding to traffic conjestion.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #37
bobwm

Quote:
So... How many people died in this horribly dangerous situation?

I can't imagine what it must have been like. Tell me of your harrowing personal experiences watching cars go past. Really scary? This one time I stood beside a freeway and cars drove past me at 110kmh. I'm still a bit traumatized.
bobwm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #38
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

This is why the normal safe driver will never win (even when they do!) as there are those, the loud minority, that just blindly follow the spin distributed by the law makers without at least reading the reasons why they were caught.

While everyone is most welcome to state an opinion, there is more to the story than just "Speeding is bad .... "

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #39
desGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
Did you read the thread?
Yes, I did. My comment was based on the original post "because of the roadworks" and the comments of others who felt that the police were wrong in fining speeders through those roadworks.

It was limited to "roadworks".

I do not support the overuse of so called "road safety cameras", nor the ridiculous speed limits on some roads (the Hume, Geelong...) nor the margins applied. But I do support and drive to limits on roadworks - and similar to another poster, have had cars/trucks getting irate that I am not doing 10+kph over the roadwork limit.
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #40
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Yes, I did. My comment was based on the original post "because of the roadworks" and the comments of others who felt that the police were wrong in fining speeders through those roadworks.

It was limited to "roadworks".

I do not support the overuse of so called "road safety cameras", nor the ridiculous speed limits on some roads (the Hume, Geelong...) nor the margins applied. But I do support and drive to limits on roadworks - and similar to another poster, have had cars/trucks getting irate that I am not doing 10+kph over the roadwork limit.
I don't think anyone here opposes the speed limit during roadworks.
Old 21-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #41
bobwm

40 seems reasonable for road work in close proximity or in a contraflow situation, but what's with the 25kmh zones in SA? Are their road workers extra delicate souls? Do other states have 25 zones?
Old 21-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #42
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwm View Post
40 seems reasonable for road work in close proximity or in a contraflow situation, but what's with the 25kmh zones in SA? Are their road workers extra delicate souls? Do other states have 25 zones?
40 here in qld.
Old 21-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #43
bobwm

40 in NSW too. I was just surprised by how many 25 zones there seemed to be driving around Adelaide and the Barossa. That and the unsigned speed and redlight/safety cameras. I hope NSW continues to buck the trend and insist on putting signs up before our cameras. It makes it an easier sell that they are there to improve safety in black spots and not just raise revenue imho.