Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #31
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Default Re: Ford 300+ Coupe for sale WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_esp View Post
the show car had a black engine bay too. Makes you wonder if its even the same car. I thought you could just order them from a company here back in the day??
You could, that was the intent.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #32
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sexy

fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #33
dead_man00124

the Arrow Coupe currently resides in QLD. member on here Stagg as some photo's with the car
dead_man00124 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #34
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Was that an actual Ford product or a chopped sedan? What is that engine, doesnt look like a Wheezer V8 fitted to normal AU?

Like this not sure on specs
Uk
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #35
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That BA Looks like sh...t

Roof line is completely wrong and way to high.

All the other AUs are not much better.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #36
STINKY NINJA
Banned

How to ruin a perfectly good t2,if it was actually a t2 before they chopped it...
I saw the sister car to the 300+ at a ford cruise at curtin uni a few years back,the sedan version,didnt like that either.
The ba i like the most,looks kind of weird,nowhere as tidy as a late model munro but ok.
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #37
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hilliers did the conversions.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 06:11 PM   #38
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
That BA Looks like sh...t

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 06:18 PM   #39
CJR09
RPO 77

^^^ that looks better

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #40
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
That looks amazing. BA looks good in every shape.. sedan, wagon, ute, coupe
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #41
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmattie View Post
And you'd be the proud owner of an AU. Not the 300+

At least this one is a bit different from the norm. Price is a bit high, I agree but he's right in saying that it's one of a kind now.

Unless the others still exist somewhere?
For $58k you can buy a brand spanking new xr8 with more than 300kw, brembos and a full warranty.

Last edited by HULK_I6T; 08-05-2015 at 08:06 PM.
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 08:13 PM   #42
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Definitely not for me but it is rare and ultimately the market will determine the price as with other cars.

I don't think anyone but the most die hard Ford fan would buy it though for many reasons.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-05-2015, 09:10 PM   #43
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
How to ruin a perfectly good t2,if it was actually a t2 before they chopped it...
I saw the sister car to the 300+ at a ford cruise at curtin uni a few years back,the sedan version,didnt like that either.
The ba i like the most,looks kind of weird,nowhere as tidy as a late model munro but ok.
I remember now that i spoke to the owner of the sedan 300+,at the time i owned my meteor coloured t2,he said his was just like mine but alot better,lol.
Yeah alot better, if better is taking an awesome brand new t2 and totally ruining it!
Its quite possible the owner of the car im talking about is a member here,he wont be happy with my comments haha
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2015, 09:25 PM   #44
OwnTheRoad
T Series Club AUST.

Ok just to add a little info here, the green 2 door and the red 300+ are the same car, the green car was commissioned by Ford and was built by Hilliers of Tenterfield , they are master coach builders, the Arrow coupe also belongs to Hilliers.
Ford then off loaded the green car to sprintex so that they could add some improvements to it as a show car , now a green AU will have a black engine bay however a red AU car would come from the factory with a red engine bay, so I'd assume it was painted as well at some time.i hope this clears up a few things.
3 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #45
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That guy is delusional asking 115k for that...
Old 09-05-2015, 12:46 AM   #46
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That carsales ad says it has got 4 doors .. I only see 2 lol.

Cheers Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2015, 01:53 AM   #47
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
I am a car enthusiast also but also keep a level head perspective on car values.
your comparing a FGX XR8 to an AU Coupe?

2 totally different markets there.
falcon_bandit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-05-2015, 09:58 AM   #48
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Cool Re: Ford 300+ Coupe for sale WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnTheRoad View Post
Ok just to add a little info here, the green 2 door and the red 300+ are the same car, the green car was commissioned by Ford and was built by Hilliers of Tenterfield , they are master coach builders, the Arrow coupe also belongs to Hilliers.
Ford then off loaded the green car to sprintex so that they could add some improvements to it as a show car , now a green AU will have a black engine bay however a red AU car would come from the factory with a red engine bay, so I'd assume it was painted as well at some time.i hope this clears up a few things.
Interesting info. When I posted this I thought:
1. That's a lot of money even for a 'rare' car.
2. I don't know if I like how it looks/works as a coupe.
Still it will be interesting if someone does buy it and for how much.
Some inside shots

and

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
4 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2015, 10:15 AM   #49
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Riduculous price.

I like the low km but at the end of the day its a au with a windsor v8 in it. Might give him $8000 because it has low km.

Can buy a t3 for under $20k if you must have the best AU.. other AU falcons are worth much less than that..

Can get a new fgx xr8 and a new mustang for his asking price
I agree the asking price of $115,000 is ridiculous.
However, your offer of $8000 is just as ridiculous.

Given the cars rarity and exclusiveness, and that it's an AU (which goes against it), my guess is somewhere around $20,000 to $35,000.

I love the concept as I love 2 door cars.
They seriously screwed this one up though, the front, the rear wing, the stupid 4.6, and a few other things.

To me it would be worth more if it had a proper XR front, sensible wing, T3 5 spokes, and a 342 Windsor.
All of those things could be easily done anyhow, and it would then look fantastic and as Ford would have rolled it off the line.

I still have the idea in the back of my mind, some day when I grab an XR8 220 cheap enough, I'm gunna attack it with a gas axe...

Last edited by Sox; 09-05-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Sox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2015, 10:58 AM   #50
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

yeah cant say i like it either
but its prob worth more than 8 grand lol
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #51
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

I was a teenager when the 300+ was released. Went to see it at the Motor Show, grabbed some posters (which I still have) loved the concept, loved that era.

(If I was in the position to spend big on unique toys) I would buy it. And that wouldn't make me any different to the guys that bought Phase 3s for close to a milly. Everything's worth something to someone, and once an object transcends what it is (just a car) it becomes invaluable.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #52
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post

I still have the idea in the back of my mind, some day when I grab an XR8 220 cheap enough, I'm gunna attack it with a gas axe...
I'm saying away from you then, one car is enough

UK
Old 09-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #53
falcongt4me
TSCoA member Qld

found the original MOTOR article fyi...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I have the rest but will need to post up later tonight...

2002 AUIII TS50 Liquid Silver #206 (ex NZ)

T-Series Club of Australia member; QLD

Last edited by falcongt4me; 09-05-2015 at 01:37 PM.
falcongt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2015, 02:52 PM   #54
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

The disappointment out of all of this is was the 4.6L Sprintex supercharged combo wasnt picked up in 2002 with the BA... can you imagine the postion FPV might have been in now with 13 years of supercharged factory goodness behind them?

The recovery came 8 years later when we got the Harrop partnered Miami I guess, they worked out that the N/A 5.4L didnt cut the mustard in a 4 door.

When I drove the black 4 door TS50 (TE50) showcar at AEC back in 2004 or therabouts (they wanted 40K for it with a Sprintex blown 4.6L and T56) I knew we had missed out badly, thats why I built my own

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #55
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am a car enthusiast also but also keep a level head perspective on car values. Always remove the emotion and value from a non enthusiast perspective..otherwise your ripe to be ripped off real hard. A real home run for the seller.

Ask yourself why enthusiasts sell their cars if they are so passionate? Reality sort of hits them and they offload to other enthusiasts before they see the bubble burst.. (cycle repeats).

Car collectability is a good sales pitch.. again always value from a non enthusiast perspective.

Ask a non ford guy what that au coupe is worth.
I’ve never met a car enthusiast who would truly say they were either level headed or non-emotional when it comes to the cars they are passionate about.

If you don’t like the car then yes it’s easy to say it’s overvalued and I admit I fall into that category.

For someone who sees it differently and likes the look with the added appeal of limited exclusivity then the asking price starts to become somewhat fuzzy when competing with desirability.

Why bother asking a non-Ford guy, just ask someone who doesn’t appreciate a car with more than 5km on the clock.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #56
Uncle_Ken
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongt4me View Post
found the original MOTOR article fyi...

image]image[/URL]

image]image[/URL]

image]image[/URL]

I have the rest but will need to post up later tonight...
Mate do a good copy and pass onto the forum bosses. It would be an interesting read. Thanks for posting
UK

I wonder if it will sell or if the takes it off the market??
Old 09-05-2015, 10:19 PM   #57
CFOUR
The Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600 View Post
When I drove the black 4 door TS50 (TE50) showcar at AEC back in 2004 or therabouts (they wanted 40K for it with a Sprintex blown 4.6L and T56) I knew we had missed out badly, thats why I built my own

Daniel
Daniel[/QUOTE]
I miss the ol terminator, was such a bad *** street car with the 4.6 motor the first kb and the viper spec t-56. that build thread was mr toads wild ride for car guys.

the coupes have aged worse than t3's have but they are a cool piece of history.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:30 PM   #58
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's an AU. Doesnt matter how it's tarted up its still the ugliest car ever produced by Ford Australia. They never recovered from that disaster
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2015, 11:21 PM   #59
OwnTheRoad
T Series Club AUST.

That 300+ as presented in Motor is a good looking machine , it's a shame it's been altered now.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-05-2015, 11:28 PM   #60
ST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
It's an AU. Doesnt matter how it's tarted up its still the ugliest car ever produced by Ford Australia. They never recovered from that disaster
The XRs and T3s looked great, some of the best looking cars ever produced by Ford Australia in my opinion.