Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #31
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Sorry to hear about your Cat Norm.

R.I.P. Doot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #32
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Yeah,mate I know exactly what you went through,I just recently had to have our 15 year old cat 'Blert' put down, we shed a few tears..
Old 28-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #33
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Life is full of challenges, this is one of the most difficult.

Norm - you will never let the memory of DOOT's life disappear. You will carry it for the rest of your life. The value pets bring to our lives is as significant as family, I have no doubt.

Time will help you enjoy the memories once again.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #34
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

about 6 months ago my first dog Rosie was put down. She developed a tumor in her sinus. After the diagnosis it got worse and worse REAL quick. I dont think she was in any pain but she got slower, tired all the time and she looked terrible. Our other dog Bentley wouldn't leave her side for about 2 months straight. Always sleeping with her and snuggling up close and being protective. We had her put down about 2 and a half months ago and the hole she left was so big we had to get another puppy, if not just to keep Bentley company. We now have Jazz who's the 3rd Golden retriever we've gotten from the same breeder. Jazz and Bentley(about 7yrs old now) play constantly and there is literally a track around the table and chairs in the backyard when they chase each other around in the mornings. I still miss Rosie though :(

i'll post up some pics if i get on at home.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #35
iCat
doof doof doof doof

our animals accept us for what we are, they change nothing, they love us without questioning, they are our best friends, and they see us as theirs. not much better a relationship can be had. wow, the way their faces light up when we come home, every single time. no human does that.

that is why, to play God, is the hardest, most awful decision any of us can be forced to make. we can only try to be brave, because our hearts will tell us when it is time. we will just know.
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #36
Ghiagirl
Budding Revhead

It's been 6 week since our dog "first child" Elvis, our awesome best mate of 14 years, had to be put down. The decision was gut wrenching, but watching him decline even more then he already was would have been worse. He had a cancerous growth on his front leg that had burst and the kids were getting up in the mornings to see blood all over the back steps and yard.

Vet gave me the choice of operation or letting him go, bloody tough choice but sometimes the best decisions are the hardest. We all went in with him, as I felt we owed him that (when I go I'd like to know I'm surrounded by loved ones).

You will slowly heal, but it hurts like hell. I found myself still putting leftovers in the fridge two weeks later :(

His: Winter White 99 AU Fairmont,6 cyl, 17" Tickford Rims, nice and stock
This mum's in mod mode

www.aufalcon.com/ghiagirl
Ghiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2009, 03:59 AM   #37
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Have had to do this a few times, both cats and dogs, post snake bite, car accident, old age and stroke. As hard as it is, it's always best to remove yourself and think of the animal's best interests first. As hard a decision as it can be, It often needs to be made. I'm sorry to hear you had to go through it.
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #38
Ringo
I see you....

Done it a few times over my life, hated it each time, still hurts, miss them like crazy and never stop wishing they were here....be right back

(Ringo leaves to go and hug his two little dogs...)
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #39
dannyxm
was danny888

Bloody pets! They become a part of the family and so very hard to let go.

In the end i guess its a decision that is in the best interests of the pet, rather than the emotional attachment that you go through.

But of course, its far easily said then done.

They say memories are goldenwell maybe that is true.I never wanted memories,I only wanted you.

A million times I needed you,a million times I cried.If love alone could have saved youyou never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,In death I love you still.In my heart you hold a placeno one could ever fill.

If tears could build a stairwayand heartache make a lane,I'd walk the path to heavenand bring you back again.

Our family chain is broken,and nothing seems the same.But as God calls us one by one,the chain will link again.
dannyxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #40
iCat
doof doof doof doof

i'm bawling. :(
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #41
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Sorry to hear of your losses guys, never a good time, but sometimes the right time.

I'm sort of faced with a similar situation although it is not my pet.
I do some gardening for an elderly single woman.
She has two dogs, one of which has been with her for many years.
The dog is in a bad way, blind and deaf to the point where i can have my mower/brushcutter screaming and he just hobbles past as if it werent there, sometimes he actually trips over the mower whilst its sitting idle.

I've watched him take a sharp downhill turn and im certain he has had enough but i cant find the way to suggest it to her.
I've heard her say he's blind and deaf, its not hard to see he struggles to get around, he has skin problems and lost alot of fur, but she seems to think its ok.
I hate seeing it, but how do you tell someone in denial that their family pet of many years is suffering and a decision based on fact not emotion needs to be made?
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #42
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

@bent8,Definetly talk to her about it the dog is suffering and she should be made aware of this.
Put it this way ask her if she would want to suffer in her last days/months or be put out of her misery.
You see the hard part is our pets suffer in silence they cant tell us of their pain etc.
Another way is to have a word with the RSPCA and they may send someone to have a quiet,gentle,sensitive talk with her about it and may even be able to get her another dog.
Anyway just my thoughts on it. Hope it works out wel for all esp'y the dog.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 08:15 PM   #43
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Good points there MO, i hadn't thought of contacting the RSPCA but i definately think it would be better coming from trained professionals.

As i said, a decision based on fact not emotion is needed here.

Thing is, she's lonely, has very few visitors and i know she will open up to me if the authorities make the decision for her, it would be hard to comfort someone that is grieving as a result of your doing.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #44
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad to have helped. Good luck with it all.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post