Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 08:06 PM   #31
galapogos01
eec tweaker

lucky you didnt have a rim on. i did. ajrs are expensive... :( and i loved your wheels at that last meet too.

good luck fixing her up, wont be too painful. might even end up with an LSD with a nice ratio change...

Jase
Old 12-04-2005, 08:25 PM   #32
old_mate
Smash the Boost

Ouch! Thats a bit of a hard hit

let this be another reminder that driving like a ****wit eventually leads you to break things. Lucky for this bloke, it was his car, not himself, or anyone else for that matter

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:09 PM   #33
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Why arent you banned? Your not an E series member?
what an odd comment. considering your forum can be viewed by anyone, including non AFF members....good call

Quote:
He didn't do it at a meet.
thats fair enough as well...but i noticed in the mini meet threads that there was a lot of discussion of burnouts etc..... just my opinion
Old 12-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #34
TUFED6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
what an odd comment. considering your forum can be viewed by anyone, including non AFF members....good call
Can't we close these forums off to non E-series members? Then we don't have to risk people posting things that aren't politically correct and potentially corrupting the youth of tomorrow...

- John
Old 12-04-2005, 10:52 PM   #35
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Yea wasnt there a members section or soemthing on the other forum?

WTF does Jareds unfortunate accident have to do with our meetups?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:14 PM   #36
Damo
Banned

Dez, you have never attended an e-series meet, so I don't see how you are in any position to make such accusations. I'll leave it at that.

Back on topic.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #37
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Well, as some may have read in the Melb Mini-meets thread, my car came off a little broken after losing control and sliding around into a gutter
shit, i wonder how one would assume that it took place on the mini meet.

this incident aside, anyone that reads 1 of the mini meet threads will be aware of what goes on them. i'm not saying dont do it, i'm saying don't advertise it. especially when it can give AFF a bad name, and not just E series.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #38
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
shit, i wonder how one would assume that it took place on the mini meet.

this incident aside, anyone that reads 1 of the mini meet threads will be aware of what goes on them. i'm not saying dont do it, i'm saying don't advertise it. especially when it can give AFF a bad name, and not just E series.
Yeah guys, i like the e-series section... but really you had it comming to you.

That said, i hope you get her fixed soon oneredED.

http://www.ftgautosalvage.com.au - They may have some parts you might need. They will soon have a full 3.27:1 LSD diff.

They already have a "EB/ED 3.45:1 LSD Diff for $750"
Old 12-04-2005, 11:51 PM   #39
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
how do the aff admins let these threads go on? you guys organise meets in threads where you publically announce that you are breaking the law on a regular, scheduled basis...:
why dont you **** off ?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:53 PM   #40
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodriguez
exactly right dez.. i have been banned (yagz) as a result of my speak up against the mini meets..

i only got banned cos of my already thin string, so be careful anyway..
i know i'm not an e series member, so i wasn't telling them to stop whatever they were doing..i was just simply stating that it was probably not in the best interests of both themselves personally, and the club which they are in, that they advertise that they are meeting at X location at X time, X day, and then they mention the burnouts etc...

ANYONE can view the forum, its not hard to sign up, and its made even easier when you dont even have to be a member of AFF to view ur section.

thanks yagz
Old 12-04-2005, 11:55 PM   #41
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
why dont you **** off ?
what an insightful post. thanks for that.

i dont see what the issue is. all i did was say its not a great idea to announce a burnout meet on a public forum....if you can't see that, then you need help.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:57 PM   #42
Barry_v
rocknrolla

sounds like you need to listen to what fordless said dez.
Old 13-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #43
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_v
sounds like you need to listen to what fordless said dez.
yeah that'd be a marvelous idea. considering he said it to laminge, and was stating that it was HIS THREAD and he didnt need people's opinions. last time i checked, this is a FORUM. people will read posts, and will reply if they choose to.
Old 13-04-2005, 12:02 AM   #44
InitialD
Low and Loud

Dez, Kindly Go away! This is jarreds thread about his car!
Not a area for you to argue your crap and leave this for jared to post about his car and his problems with it

Thank you

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 13-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #45
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
yeah that'd be a marvelous idea. considering he said it to laminge, and was stating that it was HIS THREAD and he didnt need people's opinions. last time i checked, this is a FORUM. people will read posts, and will reply if they choose to.
Let me guess, Laminge banned him ?
Old 13-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #46
Barry_v
rocknrolla

im quite aware of who he said it to.
last time I checked this is an eseries forum.
why dont you f*ck off.
Old 13-04-2005, 12:06 AM   #47
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Barry_v: That's going in my sig .
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH

Last edited by needfordspeed; 13-04-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Old 13-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #48
Dez
Banned

let me leave you with a final thought.

if anyone should be banned, it would be the guys in your club that publically advertise their burnout meets. or you could let them continue, and drag your club name, and AFF through the shit. so that all AFF members suffer on future cruises from un-wanted attention.
Old 13-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #49
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jerry Springer, thanks for your final thought.

Here is another one. As im sure you have read, people have said they will not discuss what goes on at certain meets anymore. Those threads are over.
Its old news girlfriend.
Old 13-04-2005, 12:12 AM   #50
Barry_v
rocknrolla

theres a third option.

why dont you f*ck off.

GET THE HINT?
Old 13-04-2005, 12:14 AM   #51
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Jerry Springer, thanks for your final thought.

Here is another one. As im sure you have read, people have said they will not discuss what goes on at certain meets anymore. Those threads are over.
Its old news girlfriend.
thats fine! people have just completely taken in the wrong way in an attempt to defend themselves. you cannot say to me that you dont agree with what i said in my first post, and be serious. i think your idea for frequent meets is great. a really active club with active members is a great thing. all i said is that it would be better if you kept the "details" out of the public eye
Old 13-04-2005, 12:25 AM   #52
Barry_v
rocknrolla

oh ffs... what do we have to do to get you to stop posting your garbage?
Old 13-04-2005, 12:50 AM   #53
XRated
Shoot.

Dez, you're like a bloody mosquito in my ear when I am trying to sleep! You post mindless garbage all over the forums... You've got an opinion, that's great, but you're not a mod so there are other ways of dealing with it ie. the report button, or PM system.

And it was at your mate's farm where this occurred, wasn't it Jared? ;) Let's hope you've learnt a valuable lesson as the outcome could of been a lot worse.

20V Turbo

Old 13-04-2005, 01:37 AM   #54
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Who needs jerry springer when we have entertaining threads like this.

OneRed ED, hopefully it wont be to expensive to fix. Atleast you posted in your short story that you have learnt from it (finally) :P
Old 13-04-2005, 08:10 AM   #55
EFFalcon
Last warning

Dez: u must be dense.
you start shit in this thread *AFTER* i posted saying what happened didnt happen at a cruise
DID YOU NOT READ THE REST OF THE THREAD.
i wonder if i individuals can be banned from specific forums.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 13-04-2005, 08:43 AM   #56
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ban Him! He has never contributed anything useful anyway.

If you are not an E series Member or admin then you have no say in what we do. Dont give us your opinion because just like in all your posts in the showroom area no one gives a shit about you say.

He mentioned it in the mini meet thread as a way of telling people he couldnt make it and that was why.

and to quote a wise man

Quote:
theres a third option.

why dont you f*ck off.

GET THE HINT?
Old 13-04-2005, 08:49 AM   #57
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

Dez isn't concernced about his opinion, he's concentrating on raising his post count ;)
Old 13-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #58
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
Dez: u must be dense.
you start shit in this thread *AFTER* i posted saying what happened didnt happen at a cruise
DID YOU NOT READ THE REST OF THE THREAD.
i wonder if i individuals can be banned from specific forums.
They can actually, access masks are a wonderful thing :dr_Evil:

Old 13-04-2005, 09:19 AM   #59
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Ouch! Sorry to hear/see that oneredED.

We all make mistakes and learn from them mate... I have... plenty of them! hehe

Hope you get it fixed soon, always a bummer when your car is off the road. Good luck!
Old 13-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #60
oneredED
need more boost

Well bugger me, this thread has gone to shit LOL.

Dez mate, i think dansedgli has his signature as "think more. post less." I think in your case it should be more along the lines of "read more, post less". If you had bothered to read 2 key pieces of information posted by John and myself you would have realised that this DID NOT HAPPEN AT A MEET. It was in fact the REASON I COULDN'T GO TO A MEET...

Quote:
let this be another reminder that driving like a ****wit eventually leads you to break things. Lucky for this bloke, it was his car, not himself, or anyone else for that matter
Good point. I know i've learnt my lesson ;)

Quote:
lucky you didnt have a rim on. i did. ajrs are expensive... and i loved your wheels at that last meet too.
I actually yelled out, "****...MAGS!!!" when i knew we we're gonna hit the gutter. As soon as we'd stopped i was thinking along the lines of "oh shit, i hope i haven't done as bad as galapogos..."
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
Closed Thread