Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-01-2006, 10:38 PM   #31
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Heh, can't be much worse than some of the threads around here. Remember, whining about how bad everyone else drives makes you experienced

Sounds like the top-ten list in NFS: Most Wanted, earning your way to become infamous. They will fear you :P
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #32
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The reply I got back was;

Quote:
Valid point will get it looked at.

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 8:10 PM
To: admin@idiotdriver.com.au
Subject: Contact Form Submission From idiotdriver.com.au Website

The following was submitted -

Name: **********
Email: clonny@*****
Your website doesnt work. I search for all WA reports, I click on page two and you send me to the rest of the reports (not WA). Unprofessionalism shown in a website that is meant to be a professional resource. I would think twice about trying to be some quasi-authoritative figure of road safety when you can not even show the professionalism of having a working webpage. This is not an attack, but seriously it looks like someone hacked it up in dreamweaver or frontpage...
So either 1) hes taken it down because hes been owned too much or 2) hes out of bandwidth or 3) hes taking my advice and restyling the webpage :P

*edit* also just noticed, that email you guys see is actually from the web-based form. Notice how it sends the email to admin@idiotdriver.com.au ..... this is definately not a professional gig, probably some tool sitting in his mums basement angry at someone who cut him off on the way down to maccas....
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #33
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

"idiotdriver.com.au
Due to the overwhelming public response, Idiotdriver.com.au is temporarily unavailable.

We are currently seeking additional resources to manage the site and hope to be back online soon.

In the meantime we encourage you to drive safely and keep an eye out for idiots. "

hmmmm..... DOS attack anyone?
Old 10-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #34
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ROFL, you are my new special friend.
What an honour, we should all be so lucky...
Old 16-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #35
rxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
"idiotdriver.com.au
Due to the overwhelming public response, Idiotdriver.com.au is temporarily unavailable.

We are currently seeking additional resources to manage the site and hope to be back online soon.

In the meantime we encourage you to drive safely and keep an eye out for idiots. "

hmmmm..... DOS attack anyone?
Unfortunately the idiots came back online last night...

Cheers,

rxj
rxj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #36
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Good, I had to check mine...

Clean as a whistle.
Old 16-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #37
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Yeah, I'm clean too... although oddly enough, my old EA isn't... The complaint's recent though, so I'm innocent...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 06:43 PM   #38
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Yeah, I'm clean too... although oddly enough, my old EA isn't... The complaint's recent though, so I'm innocent...
What's the rego Nick?
Old 16-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #39
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Jan 06 8:40 am Pacific hwy, Helensvale QLD *edited to protect druggo chick who drives my falcon's privacy* Fully Licensed Car
Alleged Infringement: Fail to keep left
Comments: Would you please KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING as it is most frustrating for other drivers wishing to overtake. Thanks

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #40
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

That poor EA.

Was pretty recent too...
Old 16-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #41
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

whoops double post
brodfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #42
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

i cant understand why people would get upset about this site at all, for the following reason:

Only raggy old soccer mums and their sexually starved husbands who drive cars like Honda CRV’s and Holden Cruizes would bother to waste their time remembering, then writing about it.

The only other group of people would be me, smart asses that know the internet is a great way to slander friends, family, complete strangers and ex-girlfriends anonymously without any real risk of repercussion.

For example, I could say that I saw Laminge (someone I don’t even know) at my local Holden dealer purchasing a Viva and saying how ИИИИ ford are, how he loves the switch to sth Korean engineering and how he was blown away by the power in the viva on the test drive. And what can he do about it??? Well, the mod’s could delete it knowing its derogatory, or laminge could ark up and get them to remove it, but it would most likely be posted for even a couple of minutes, which in the right circumstances with the right accusation it is enough to sully someones reputation perminently.

Sorry laminge, I lied, you bought a Korean Barina instead, see what my lies have done to your reputation?!?!?!

OH, and is it just me, or would most people be breaking the law to record this kind of crap anyway?

"hey, i just got cut off by a guy in a 87 holden commodore, because he is talking on his mobile, his rego number AAA-111, let me search through my bag for a pen and some paper and write down all the details about A, the car, and B, what just happened, whilst I’m still driving"
or
even if they dont write it themselves and get their 13 year old in the back seat to write it down, by focusing so intensely on the car that just "wronged", they become less focused on the traffic conditions and their own driving style and hence become a hazard as bad, if not worse than the person they are now following at 3 feet and dodging through traffic so they can read the number plate them ( lets face it, unless you are a car enthusiast like most of us on FF.com.au, most people need to be close enough to see the badges on a car to know what it is, and one has to be pretty close to read badges).

These are just 2 scenarios I can think of, but I think we all could think of more where in the effort to record the details for this site one would either break the law or become a traffic hazard.

AND, if the police or insurance company tried to screw you, or even mentioned that they were ‘onto you’ because they looked at a website where someone anonymously dobbed you in for an alleged driving offence observed by the eyes of an untrained 3rd party…….

GIT ИИИИED!!!

Next I will get booked because the police officer sensed a ‘disturbance in the force’ caused by my wheels breaking traction with the road whilst he was 100 km away.

PLEASE, pull the other one, it plays jingle bells.

I’d get about 6 inches away and laugh in their face, then turn on my voice recorder and get them to say it again if (I hadn’t already recorded it) (good hint for P Platers, people in modified cars, or anyone, I did this and now a certain police officer is no longer in the victoria police, a voice recorder is cheap, you can use one without anyone knowing, and used in support of a reasonable and logical argument can get you a long way if you feel you may have been hard done by certain rogue elements of our mainly fine police fraternity) anyway, then I’d take the recording, show it to my mates, then take them to the insurance office/police station go to his/her desk and let them take turns laughing in their face. Then I’d give it to Derryn “dead-SH|T” Hinch and Naomi “satan” Robertson

Oh, and I have just nominated all of my mates, my mum and dad, my grandpa, every ex-girlfriend. I have even had and three cars I saw parked out the front of my work this morning reported, someone has to do it, my fav was when i said that i saw someone with grey hair in my grandpa's car involved in "sexual acts". and I have also been writing down the rego of any car driven by someone with either red hair as they deserve it and they are gonna cop my wrath next.
brodfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #43
Danny
GT4.

I'm Not there. Good cuz I admit I generally do really gun around.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 08:25 PM   #44
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Well I'm famous! Number 357. Only 6 numbers off! Dammit!

Naughty plates, how did they get off my shelf?

Still waiting on my report of BANONE speeding, talking on the CB while driving and wearing a hat that goes against good taste laws.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #45
max^power
Formerly au^ute

i got no reply for the email i sent. looks like the guy running it is just taking in all the dollars.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #46
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like this one! Good stuff, if real, lol.

428 16 Jan 06 5:55 pm South Gippsland Highway, Cranbourne VIC DAMFST Fully Licensed Car
Alleged Infringement: Careless driving; Other
Comments: Doing a burn out on South Gippsland Highway at peak hour.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #47
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

never seen so many whiney camry drivers in my life.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 12:36 PM   #48
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

436 15 Jan 06 10:15 pm South Eastern Freeway, Narre Warren VIC TUF811 P Plate

Car

Alleged Infringement: Careless driving; Exceed speed limit; Fail to give way or stop; Fail to keep left; Follow too closely; Improper overtaking or passing; Turn or stop without signalling

Comments: this guy deserves to be off the road,cut me off in his Gold Ford, followed him from narre warren north road, i was going 100km/h, and this guy just comes flying past like im standing still doing in excess of 160km/h weaving in and out of traffic
,also using some kind of animal sounds machine

Ok who has an animal sound machine in their Ford?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #49
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

I feel kinda inadequate that I'm not there.

Maybe I'll add all the ricers I see to the database.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #50
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Well I'm famous! Number 357. Only 6 numbers off! Dammit!

Naughty plates, how did they get off my shelf?

Still waiting on my report of BANONE speeding, talking on the CB while driving and wearing a hat that goes against good taste laws.
LMAO.

That really you?

I thought the plates looked familar...
Old 17-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #51
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
436 15 Jan 06 10:15 pm South Eastern Freeway, Narre Warren VIC TUF811 P Plate

Car

Alleged Infringement: Careless driving; Exceed speed limit; Fail to give way or stop; Fail to keep left; Follow too closely; Improper overtaking or passing; Turn or stop without signalling

Comments: this guy deserves to be off the road,cut me off in his Gold Ford, followed him from narre warren north road, i was going 100km/h, and this guy just comes flying past like im standing still doing in excess of 160km/h weaving in and out of traffic
,also using some kind of animal sounds machine

Ok who has an animal sound machine in their Ford?
: I have a siren fitted to my car that can play animal noises! Great fun on a Saturday night, the microphone option especialy!!! Unfortunately, this Gold Ford they speak of is not mine! :(
Old 17-01-2006, 03:39 PM   #52
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
: I have a siren fitted to my car that can play animal noises! Great fun on a Saturday night, the microphone option especialy!!! Unfortunately, this Gold Ford they speak of is not mine! :(
Guilty by association.

Sue the web owner.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #53
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

16 Jan 06 2:00 pm Sturt St, Ballarat VIC NML113 Fully Licensed Car
Alleged Infringement: Other
Comments: This guy in a White Fairlane was drinking a bottle of Jim Beam whilst driving. When I pulled up next to him in my pink Hyundai Excel, he abused me calling me a "big poof", and then did a massive burnout untill his tyres popped. You bloody Idiot!

hahahahah a pink excel and hes a guy hahahahaahahhaa!!!!

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #54
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol I couldn't resist reporting myself and the moderator actually let it through:

451 15 Jan 06 6:00 pm Old Windsor Rd, Seven Hills NSW ROSI46 Fully Licensed Motorcycle

Alleged Infringement: Careless driving
Comments: This guy was riding his Honda murdercycle on one wheel, at about 100km/h for approx. 500 metres down the road whilst racing a Toyota Econovan with Max Biaggi stickers.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #55
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

hahahaha theyre so stupid

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #56
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

this website is just amusing at times ... makes you want to add bogus ones on there for amusement value.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #57
Stampy

Umm what if you see the wifes number plate reported : back street called bla bla a woman driver did a burnout in a red XR8 in front of house number 10 in the middle of the day .
What the :shes surpost to be at work . "O" my god shes having an affair ,that B!tch ....LOL.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #58
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Ok, so I've sent my car in...

"Saw this guy on Pacific Hwy this morning going sideways through an intersection, using his mobile phone while eating a cheeseburger and doing his taxes. You moron."
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #59
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

haha i just registered as speeddemon
Tiapan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #60
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
LMAO.

That really you?

I thought the plates looked familar...
Yeah my plates, but they are still in the box Vic Roads sent them to me in and have never been on a car.

I bet half of them aren't even real. Burt Renoylds seems to have escaped me reporting him!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post