Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #31
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
I used to live in bendigo there a huge car culture there and is almost as many cops too . So no surprise there . When i was there i used to get unmarked cop cars trying to drag you and as soon as you went over 50ks . They would sound the siren . I was lucky i never got done a lot of mates did though.
Also bendigo has been voted on triple j hotline as the most boring city in australia a few times. Also may have somthing to do with it.
Bull crap, there is not a lot of cop's in here Bendigo considering the size and population of the place, you never see them, we have 4 divy van's and some unmarked and marked vehicle's but thats irrelavant really, the amount of personell in the police force here in Bendigo is very small, but that's just typical really considering the rest of Vic's policing number's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #32
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Damn, Shepp didnt even make the top 5! but i think i know atleast 50% of the people that were impounded here.
That's probably because half of Shepp's population come to Bendigo and get caught here, every weekend in Bendigo it's bound to have Shepp's best here causing trouble,
Old 04-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #33
89.SVO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

woooooooooooooooo! Bendigo! lol. nah but seriously. it being the hoon capital i like never see people do that is that bad
89.SVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 09:44 PM   #34
TERMINATOR X
3000 CCA STARTER MOTOR

Id actually be ashamed to drive a holden...ie commodore.
You'd fit into the BOGAN catagory.
TERMINATOR X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #35
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

This thread is coming close to being closed or people being banned, either way guess what amuses me the most!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 10:52 PM   #36
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Bull crap, there is not a lot of cop's in here Bendigo considering the size and population of the place, you never see them, we have 4 divy van's and some unmarked and marked vehicle's but thats irrelavant really, the amount of personell in the police force here in Bendigo is very small, but that's just typical really considering the rest of Vic's policing number's.
Fair enough when i lived there. There must of just been a lot of people with blue and white cars with b\r lights on the roof then.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #37
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
That's probably because half of Shepp's population come to Bendigo and get caught here, every weekend in Bendigo it's bound to have Shepp's best here causing trouble,
Well, true to a point. But considering Heathcote isnt far from you lot, why bother doing it in the street? And being silly enough to get caught...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #38
bluovl

What also needs to be taken into account is how this law is actually policed. From reading the local newspaper here in Bendigo you would be led to believe that Hoons are our biggest problem. The police respond accordingly and all of a sudden Bendigo ranks number one. Police in Bendigo have never been soft on car enthusiasts. It is not the big problem here that its made out to be.
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #39
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Plus I wonder if you do a ratio per person in the area how the list changes?

Quite a bit I'd say.

I'd like to know the stats on runners! Whats the % that get caught, and get away or crash. :-)

Like how many speeding bikes even stop for a cop? I know most doing 150+ dont.

Why would you... just to lose you licence, get your bike impounded etc etc. Heard stories in country (talking to a cop about his duties) Vic that if bikes doing 140+ get radarred he doesnt even bother to pull out. A car on the other hand he chases but if he starts losing it he just follows as well as he can and gives up after five minutes or so.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2008, 11:32 PM   #40
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if they're that determined to get away then they will, might as well let em loose instead of keeping the pressure on em and making them crash, potentially putting other peoples lives at risk.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2008, 05:16 AM   #41
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They don't seem to go to great lengths here, especially if they have the rego or something like that.

I've heard times on the scanner where the police go "Orange light, Aborting chase" and they get away.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #42
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
Plus I wonder if you do a ratio per person in the area how the list changes?

Quite a bit I'd say.

I'd like to know the stats on runners! Whats the % that get caught, and get away or crash. :-)

Like how many speeding bikes even stop for a cop? I know most doing 150+ dont.

Why would you... just to lose you licence, get your bike impounded etc etc. Heard stories in country (talking to a cop about his duties) Vic that if bikes doing 140+ get radarred he doesnt even bother to pull out. A car on the other hand he chases but if he starts losing it he just follows as well as he can and gives up after five minutes or so.
I quess it depend's on the cop and his quota for the month, I know of one bloke recently that took his Yama out for a cruise with a mate on a harley a few week's back, comming into a very long strecth of road just nth of Bendigo, they were both sitting on 140ish, when a marked hwy pursuit (SS commy) comming the other direction tagged them, the harley rider stoped while the Yama rider gunned it, the copper turned around and went in high pursuit after him, he told me he reached speed's well above 200klm and the cop was still pursuing and gaining aswell, those 6ltrs must move, anyway the bike eventually made it to the outskirt's of town, but the copper in the mean time had radioed ahead and more unit's were waiting for him, anyway he eventually avaded them and snuck home, only to hear on a scanner that the cop's were still looking for the bike and rider, and the only discription they got was it was a black late model Jap bike, he hasn't taken it out for a little while since, hehe.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #43
james22
With da Warlords

Hahaha, last time I rode my bike, I didn't realise there was a difference between a Mono and a wheelie lol. Some one effed up methinks

Loss of traction (when impounded for improper use)

Burnout - 66.2%

Donut - 3.6%

Fish tail - 21.8%

Mono - 4.2% <<<<<

Wheelie - 4.2% <<<<<

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #44
Plugg3r
Bogan w/ Wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTTuS
No one in mildy owns cars worthy of hooning anymore. And the ones who do own the decent cars either don't drive them or behave these days.
Yeh noticed that.. Go the VS Ute's
Old 27-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #45
Saiken
Cobra Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliov
I wonder how many years suspension u get for that?
Depends on what zone your in, but your looking at around 18 months
FOR SALE1996 EF Series 2 Fairmont Ghia | Ported and Polished Head with Bigger Valves and Springs, Wade 1636, AU Head Gasket, 3.45 LSD, Shift Kitted Auto, RDA Slotted Rotors, QFM Performance Pads,Hornet Scooped Bonnet :evil3: , Custom CAI

Cobra Motorsports
Saiken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #46
Dr_Hoon

Mono - 4.2% <<<<<

Wheelie - 4.2% <<<<<

Mono for bikes.

Wheelie for ur 9 second Capri ;)
Zoom and Extreme Performance Production Editor
----
Dr_Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #47
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

16-17 - 0.4%

18-21 - 37%

22-25 - 29.1%

guess that throws the "lets raise the age of obtaining your licence" argument out the window....
ltd_on20s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #48
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
based on suburbs and % of holdens.... id say hooning is the bogans sport of choice.... either that or us wogs are too used to looking over our shoulders for cops haha
nah thats because you hang out in carparks :P

I was down in Belgrave over the xmas/new year period with my girlfriends family and i didnt see one cop around.. Her parents were both paranoid with speed cameras etc (just recently moved there, unused to no signs anywhere hehe) and having been booked doing 5km's over the limit a week after they moved there i can understand. Some awesome roads in the area and at night you can hear so many cars booting it around the place (as its very hilly things echo for miles too)

but still, didnt see one cop..
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #49
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd_on20s
16-17 - 0.4%

18-21 - 37%

22-25 - 29.1%

guess that throws the "lets raise the age of obtaining your licence" argument out the window....
So what you are saying is that 66% of all offences are committed by people under 25 and this DOES NOT support an arguement to raise the age for a license to 26 or higher?

Let me guess. You are not a Barrister are you.........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #50
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
So what you are saying is that 66% of all offences are committed by people under 25 and this DOES NOT support an arguement to raise the age for a license to 26 or higher?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #51
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

I was told by a friend about a run on news years day with a non-ford club, and 2 were done and impounded under hoon laws- one was in his 30's the other.......... 78yo and was doing 70k's over the limit.
Guess it goes to show it ain't just the youngin's

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 12:02 PM   #52
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go baby Go
I was told by a friend about a run on news years day with a non-ford club, and 2 were done and impounded under hoon laws- one was in his 30's the other.......... 78yo and was doing 70k's over the limit.

Also the first guy to have his car sold off was 42yo (in vic).
Old 05-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #53
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Who ever said it was????????

Old 05-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #54
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One thing I would like to point out about Geelong coming second, I believe the Police in Geelong do a fantastic job in making sure our streets are safe from idiot's and maybe this reflects in the results. If it makes people in Geelong think twice before they do something stupid, then it really is working.........
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #55
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

good point, maybe should have looked at that deeper lol

66% of all of the incidents happened between 18-25. some people say we should raise the age of obtaining your license to 18. even if its raised to 18/19/20 these offences still would have happened...

but can you honestly advocate even going to 18-19 to get your license just because of a few tools? comon dude, surely you've done some silly things in your time, just havent been caught. just like the rest of us.

wouldnt mind knowing the % of people as whole per age group that constantly reoffend, im sure that a lot of those stats are people that have been done for four or five offences in one hit, eg, undue noise, speeding and misuse of a road vehicle all in one hit

but some of those stats....i can't believe how stupid some people are.

like the psycho that came past me on torrens road in a blue xr ute doing at least 130. i was doing 60 looked in the mirror and then he was past me before i could blink and was getting smaller by the second.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #56
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
but can you honestly advocate even going to 18-19 to get your license just because of a few tools? comon dude, surely you've done some silly things in your time, just havent been caught. just like the rest of us.
You do relise that SA is the only? state left where someone wearing nappies can drive?

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #57
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
You do relise that SA is the only? state left where someone wearing nappies can drive?
good point.

but the stats that 4vman gave us are for victoria so weather or not SA drivers are allowed to get their license at 16 is irrelevant

however just a question.. all the people advocating raising the age of drivers, did you all wait till you were 18 because you thought waiting would make you smarter? or did you get it as soon as you possibly could?
Old 05-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #58
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
however just a question.. all the people advocating raising the age of drivers, did you all wait till you were 18 because you thought waiting would make you smarter? or did you get it as soon as you possibly could?
Me? I drove to SA and got my license at 16 ....serious! How I survived those first few years I have absolutley no idea ..... seriously!

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #59
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Me? I drove to SA and got my license at 16 ....serious! How I survived those first few years I have absolutley no idea ..... seriously!
lol bingo
Old 06-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #60
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/...oon-impounded/
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post