Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Will your next car be an Australian car?
Yes, Most Definately- Im and Aussie and I love Aussie car 113 48.92%
Yes, Aussie cars are unique, innovative and fulfil by needs 71 30.74%
No, Aussie cars are relics, Poor imitations and are pointless today 28 12.12%
No, Imports are cheaper 19 8.23%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #31
XPfalcon170

aussie car for a proud aussie!! Hopefully a T3 manual next, if not, a ba gt will have to suffice.
XPfalcon170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #32
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fairlane, would it not be better to get your survey results from another place? Perhaps something more random, because asking that question in a Ford Australia forum, what would you expect the answer to be? Just a suggestion
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 06:35 PM   #33
Night Runner
- V8 ENTHUSIAST -

Wink

Yes, kind of. All things going to plan, I will not need another car any time soon. By the time I do, hopefully it will be a new Dodge Challenger. I would also hold out for another T3 TS50 stick car. I wouldn't get a BA/F or a Holden. I absolutely love my T3. There should have been one more option for No. "No - Ford are good but I'm Considering Other Brands" Not because of negative or Import choices.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #34
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Fairlane, would it not be better to get your survey results from another place? Perhaps something more random, because asking that question in a Ford Australia forum, what would you expect the answer to be? Just a suggestion

Well i was just guaging opinion, i not going to officially use these results.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #35
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

my next car will be a Ford falcon no questions asked!
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #36
andrewts
White Car Driver

I'm and Aussie through and through, gimme a Ford Falcon! Second choice of course, a Commodore. ;)

They have their advantages with me. I mean, they are reasonably reliable, parts are cheap, support base is massive, powerful, roomy, and reasonably nice to cruise about in, or to chuck slabs of rubber onto the pavement with the rear wheels!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #37
GTP-814
love the quad cams

yes, but I am hoping for a diesal tubo in the orion range
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #38
'63Deluxe
Irregular Member

I checked No - Imports are cheaper.

I only tend to keep my cars for 3 years and the ausie made cars have a lower resale value as a percentage of intitial cost. Eg. Rav4 @ 3years around 80% Crummydore @ 3 years around 65% this works out to be about $1500 a year.

I do like the local product but hate the hit you get in the pocket.
'63Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #39
xt3valve
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep fords all my life. V8 Aussie ones that is.

I am working with a Irish bloke whos working over here at the moment and he recons aussie cars are useless, too big, too much power and the list goes on and on. I ended up telling him where to go :jab: . He hasnt even driven a v8. He said that his dream car is a Voxhall Vectra : : : : . That was it mate I just walked off and left him. What a loooooser ing_sm . Just thaught I would share that with yas. It just gets to me when someone puts down somthing they know nothing about. Especialy ozzy Fords.
Gearbox: Fully rebuilt BTR 4sp, Chryogenicaly treated, high stall
490rwhp E85
xt3valve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #40
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by xt3valve
Yep fords all my life. V8 Aussie ones that is.

I am working with a Irish bloke whos working over here at the moment and he recons aussie cars are useless, too big, too much power and the list goes on and on. I ended up telling him where to go :jab: . He hasnt even driven a v8. He said that his dream car is a Voxhall Vectra : : : : . That was it mate I just walked off and left him. What a loooooser ing_sm . Just thaught I would share that with yas. It just gets to me when someone puts down somthing they know nothing about. Especialy ozzy Fords.

Perhaps he means this Vectra? The Vectra VXR. 2.8litre V6 Turbo, 188kW 320Nm, 0-100km/h in 6.6 sec.

Other then that... too big and too much power? Too big for his roads at home, definitley... but too much power? Rightio then... :
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 12:46 AM   #41
Jayden
Graphic Artist

I picked #1, you didnt state if it had to be factory new or not. I wont be getting a new car if/when i change. Probably just stay a model or two behind all the time if i did want to update my car.

but I do want others to buy Aussie so that we continue to have a car industry here.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:46 AM   #42
VeloXR6
JesusDrivesAFord

If the orion XR's and FPV's look good then yes, but Audi are really starting to bring out some hot cars, and the BMW 335i ..... it's fractions of the M3 in performance....
I guess it depends on how rich I am at the time.... probably not enough for a 335i so an XR6T is looking promising.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:49 AM   #43
VeloXR6
JesusDrivesAFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by '63Deluxe
I checked No - Imports are cheaper.

I only tend to keep my cars for 3 years and the ausie made cars have a lower resale value as a percentage of intitial cost. Eg. Rav4 @ 3years around 80% Crummydore @ 3 years around 65% this works out to be about $1500 a year.

I do like the local product but hate the hit you get in the pocket.
Tell me about it ... XR6 cost 39K ... really good deal as had all the fruit (50k RRP), 6mth later cant get rid of it for any more than 28k. So I kept it .... was good getting my moneys worth of drive.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #44
Franky
Bring back the Phase

No, especially not new either.

For the following reasons.
* build quality is questionable
* service is pathetic
* resale is shocking
* standard equipment in XT is poor
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 03:24 AM   #45
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Quote:
He said that his dream car is a Voxhall Vectra
: : : : : : : : : :
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 04:56 AM   #46
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably not in the current climate so to speak. We will see how we go though. Still young and don't need such a big car at the moment!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #47
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope to get a Crewman "soon"(?!) .. 4-door V8 ute .. not a downsized truck, but something which can tow/carry but still drive/handle(somewhat) like a car. I can't see anything similar in any other world market?
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #48
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xt3valve
I am working with a Irish bloke . He said that his dream car is a Voxhall Vectra : : : : .
Its an Irish Joke - doncha get it!

Hey guys, Ford is a US company and your Falcons will be made in China one day.

....but they will be designed here. Does that qualify?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 PM   #49
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane
Call this a research project, if you like, im not posting this thread to **** stir, but iIm actually doing some research on Australian manufacturing for university and I was wondering what the results to this would be.

Your Choices

Yes, Most Definately- Im an Aussie and I love Aussie cars
Yes, Aussie cars are unique, innovative and fulfil my needs
No, Aussie cars are relics, Poor imitations of imports and are pointless today
No, Imports are cheaper
Umm I think you need to include some other answers. Mine would be I would buy Aussie, provided the build quality and customer service improve.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #50
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
I hope to get a Crewman "soon"(?!) .. 4-door V8 ute .. not a downsized truck, but something which can tow/carry but still drive/handle(somewhat) like a car. I can't see anything similar in any other world market?
My father in law was looking at crewmans the year before last. Have you actually sat in one mate? My 2 sisters in law were 10 and 12 at the time, and he decided there wasn't enough room for them in the back of it. Then factor in a price of nearly $50,000... IMO if you want a ute, buy a ute, if you want a car, buy a car, there's no such thing as the best of both worlds. Btw, the father in law ended up buying a top-of-the-line Rodeo ute for the same price, and couldn't be happier.

As for Aussie vs Imports, my major problem with euro imports is the price and availability of parts and such, my dad had an Audi for 2 years (sold it in november 2006) and every time something went wrong with it, it'd be off the road for at least 2 weeks, and that was if the part could be found in OZ, he waited over a month for an ignition coil from Germany, and obviously his car was off the road the whole time, and then they had to hide to charge nearly 2 grand for the bloody thing!

Japanese cars are different kettle of fish, my other car, the missus' car is a 2001 Lancer Coupe, and I couldn't speak highly enough of it, the little 1.8 is well and truly zippy enough, it actually surprised me how much poke it has.

At the same time though, if you want to feel like a man, there's nothing like a Falcon 6 or 8. All that power on tap, just hit the go pedal, and feel it!

Bottom line is, real men drive Falcons! :P Crap, better find that flame-retardant suit before the focus/fiesta boys read this! :S
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #51
JD86
DELANY

my next car will definately be a ford, im an aussie and i love the aussie car
Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #52
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Maybe. I’ll need a tow car one day and a second hand Calais, XR8, TE50, SS, XR6T would make a fine, cheap tow pig.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #53
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJavelin
If you do go with a Cross8 as they seem to have avoided the rear diff problems which plagued the RWDs like my mates S which is on diff 5 at 140k
Back seat is a joke too. Get a Hilux or Navara dual cab or a Fseries.

I wish someone would offer a Territory dual cab ute conversion - can't be that hard to do. T with RTV rear end almost same length as a Ute/Fairlane.

My next car buy will be either a Mondeo, XR6 or Fairmont Ghia to replace the XR5. The TTG stays.
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #54
Vdouw
Proud Ford Owner

BF MKII end of model run out... XR8 ute ... its for work lol
Vdouw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #55
dishpig
Only an xr6...

I'm not planning on buying a new car for a loooong time. But if I were I wouldn't think twice about throwing some extra coin to support the australian market. Plus I trust australians who are getting paid actual money will put more effort into quality then koreans who are getting paid crackers.

TICKFORD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FPV
dishpig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #56
WPN XR6T
Useless

Seems to be alot in this forum on build quality etc. I could not be happer with my XR6T in both proformance, build quality and most of all price. Parts (Most) are common with the base model and although fuel is costly (Tuned to run 98 RON and not a Liberty or United fuel outlet in site), when I bought it, it was a factor that went into consideration.

No other Country makes anything like Quality built Australian cars (the Yanks are simular, but if you think Australian build quality is bad....) and we should support the Australian Ethos, Enginuity and design that goes into these vehicles, i.e. the Territory and XR6T, so that Ford Australia can justify it's R&D on an increasing range of cars (Thus setting the International standard), instead of having to rely on imports for Mid to Small range Veh.

Anyhow, thats my two cents, I'll get off my Soap box now...

Oh, if you didn't guess, I votes #1 I love Aussie car long time.....

Happiness is owning more Fords. Bliss is owning more XR's!

- 2005 BA II XR8 "The Dino"
- 2005 BA II XR6T "The T"
- 2008 WQ XR4 "The Fez"

Last edited by WPN XR6T; 06-05-2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: By The Way...
WPN XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #57
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

No matter what age my next car will be, it will definetly have a Blue oval badge on the front of it!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #58
Lumpen Proletariat

My next car will be an Aussie car too, in fact I pick it up in a week or so.

But it will be a conundrum.

It's completely Australian designed and built. An american brand and model name (with an australian twist) but manufactured under licence by a Japanese company in South Australia.

And it's 27 years old...

Lumpy :P

Dad: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint: Polynesian Green. Auto. Full Exhaust. Chiptorque Chip. 155.4rwkw.

Happy Dealings with: FordFan86 and Matt_971
Lumpen Proletariat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #59
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpen Proletariat
My next car will be an Aussie car too, in fact I pick it up in a week or so.

But it will be a conundrum.

It's completely Australian designed and built. An american brand and model name (with an australian twist) but manufactured under licence by a Japanese company in South Australia.

And it's 27 years old...

Lumpy :P
CM Valiant?

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 07:27 PM   #60
The Monty
Just slidin'

Im Aussie, I try and buy Aussie and keep our jobs in Australia.