Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #31
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I sympathise with all truckies. Those fools that cut in front of them at lights just dont know how lucky they are that they're not turned into road kill. Credit to you guys that you can stop in time.

Highe Beam during the day. Pfft! not only that, these new high intensity lights are the pits IMO. I suffer miagraines pretty bad and one flash of xtreme white light from these usually sees me on the side of the road with no sight for 20 minutes.
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #32
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyber
Mmmmmm yes. Driving along Roe Hwy in WAWA land here yesterday. Had been a great day, first really sunny day in ages. I'm in the right lane approaching a Hyundai Lantra (or something) in the left lane (two lane 100 zone). I'm sitting on the limit. The Hyundai is going about 95. He begins indicating as I'm approaching...the car swerves half a foot right then back into his lane. I'm thinking WTF was that...he's not changing lanes yet....waits until I'm nice and close...then slides over cutting me off.

No other cars near us. He slows down by 15. I slow too to avoid hitting him. Drive like this for about 5 seconds while my blood begins to boil...I decide he's a tool and change to the left hand lane to undertake him. I do so, get ahead and change back into right lane as my turn is coming up.

He changes lanes to the left, gets up next to me, his bumper about a foot or two in front of mine. Begins INDICATING. I could not believe my eyes. He moves slowly over, on TOP OF MY ----ING CAR. I briefly consider ramming but think sensibly and brake to avoid being hit, for a second time.

I see him rubbing his hands together in front of his rear view mirror, much to the other two occupants mirth. My vision is practically red at this point, knowing it was all completely deliberate.

We arrive at the lights, him in front and going straight. I indicate, change lanes to turn right and lo and behold they change their mind and move into the second turning lane behind me. I see the driver laughing his *** off. If I was faster to anger I'd have gotten out then and there with mag lite in hand and remodelled their car a bit but what can you do. I was too angry to get plates or video evidence as well dammit. They turned with me but I left them in the traffic, they didn't try a third stunt thank ----.

Totally ruined my evening.

Makes me want to keep half a brick in the car for easy tossing out the window, dangerous, illegal, but I can imagine it'd be satisfying as all hell.
Try to not give that type of tool the satisfaction. I had someone do something similar to me and I made sure I didn't give them eye contact and don't look directly at their car. They give up pretty quick. I slowed down and turned off the road. They looked around for me then turned off the road in the wrong direction. Idiots.