Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: FORD GT back at Broadmeadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
No, I don't think you are not sorry at all, complaining about Ford and promoting everything else makes up almost all of what you post on here.

Go and buy a Chrysler or Holden or whatever PLEASE. I am sure they have forums just waiting for thousands of posts about how much better they are than Ford.....

And Rodge, the GT is the first AUSTRALIAN GT built at the Broadmeadows facility in Victoria which is a state of AUSTRALIA in 37 years.
Please post up some news on the New Zealand designed and built cars and how they compare to the rest of the world or better still, pics of your new SRT8 that you traded your GT-P on.
Quoted for truth
Old 18-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #32
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Flappist..I didn't say the SRT8 was better than the GT..I just made the point its better equipped/priced than the GT.
I don't promote other cars..just post info on cars..isn't that what Forums are for ?????? Discussion on competitors ?????
If posting here, were just on Ford cars..it would be a boring site!!!
My loyalty to FORD ??? how about a XC 500. TD Cortina XLE. XD GL. NL Fairlane. AU 3 Fairmont V8 wagon. BF Mk 2 Ghia. (current car) Fesitivas x 2. Fiesta WP. and a WQ Feista Zetec, (current 2cnd car). I consider myself loyal to Ford over the last 43 years !!!!
Old 18-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #33
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Flappist..I didn't say the SRT8 was better than the GT..I just made the point its better equipped/priced than the GT.
I don't promote other cars..just post info on cars..isn't that what Forums are for ?????? Discussion on competitors ?????
My loyalty to FORD ??? how about a XC 500. TD Cortina XLE. XD GL. NL Fairlane. AU 3 Fairmont V8 wagon. BF Mk 2 Ghia. (current car) Fesitivas x 2. Fiesta WP. and a WQ Feista Zetec, (current 2cnd car). I consider myself loyal to Ford over the last 43 years !!!!
Errr...post was directed at Rodge i believe.....
Old 18-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Problem is its really hard to compare a GT to anything else on the market. The SRT8 is a nice car but its built in much larger quantities and sold through various markets.

The GT is only sold here and New Zealand. Go back to 2008 and the FG GT was pretty sophisticated, it matched if not bettered the competition. Sadly now its been left behind because of timing differences. Come 2014 some of its short comings will be rectified, going on what Ford has done in the factory to test and implement new technology. I think until then its safer if we all stop comparing it to Holden / Chrysler and settle on the fact that the Ford is the oldest of the bunch. R Spec GT is still the best performance car you can buy under $100,000... No doubt about it.
7 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #35
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
And Rodge, the GT is the first AUSTRALIAN GT built at the Broadmeadows facility in Victoria which is a state of AUSTRALIA in 37 years.
And that benifets customers how exactly ??, given that many of the former FPV staff had vastly more experience and one or two 20 plus years of service. You think they might have an eye for engine assembly quality control proceedures better than a newbie with a couple of months training

Quote:
Please post up some news on the New Zealand designed and built cars and how they compare to the rest of the world or better still, pics of your new SRT8 that you traded your GT-P on.
You know bloody well the N.Z. economy is too small to sustain its own car manufacturing, (sarcasm is the lowest form of wit). Don't fret, you'll be the first to see the pics of my next performance car when it happens.

Im really looking forward to having access to a world class perforamance Ford at a fair price, the 2015 model Ford Mustang can't come soon enough for my liking.

Anyway i'm done with this thread, If others think this is newsworthy then i'm happy it helped them through what must be a slow Monday.

Last edited by Rodge; 18-02-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: The usual sharks are biting, there's a surprise, (NOT). You're not allowed to have an opinion around he unless its positive.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #36
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
And that benifets customers how exactly ??, given that many of the former FPV staff had vastly more experience and one or two 20 plus years of service. You think they might have an eye for engine assembly quality control proceedures better than a newbie with a couple of months training

You know bloody well the N.Z. economy is too small to sustain its own car manufacturing, (sarcasm is the lowest form of wit). Don't fret, you'll be the first to see the pics of my next performance car when it happens.

Im really looking forward to having access to a world class perforamance Ford at a fair price, the 2015 model Ford Mustang can't come soon enough for my liking.

Anyway i'm done with this thread, If others think this is newsworthy then i'm happy it helped them through what must be a slow Monday.
Urgh you've lost me now...

My friend has a 2012 GT500 and it has less Technology in it then my 2008 FG GT... Doesn't even have parking sensors for crying out loud!!

Can't see them being any cheaper then what we currently have.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #37
BHDOGS
Banned

my thoughts on this move are as follows

From once you came you shall remain until you are complete again.

This user likes this post:
Old 18-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #38
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Rodge, since you own a 335GT Flappist is unable to roll out the "you havn't bought a new GT so your opinion is worthless" he had to resort to attacking the fact you live in NZ.....

Shame on you for having an opinion...
Exactly, especially since I've had 3 FPV's in a row. Couldn't let that "underarm delivery" go through to the keeper unanswered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Urgh you've lost me now...

My friend has a 2012 GT500 and it has less Technology in it then my 2008 FG GT... Doesn't even have parking sensors for crying out loud!!

Can't see them being any cheaper then what we currently have.
A lot of its hidden Dash, and I use technology in the practical sense of the word carbon fibre driveshaft, strengthened Tremec gearbox, intercooled engine straight from the factory e.t.c. e.t.c. and please don't start me on how much better the stereo is, to name but a few things, honeslty I had a look through the spec sheet the other day and can't bloody wait, it was quite a shock and that's quite apart from the absolutly ballistic power and torque numbers
Old 18-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #39
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
Now to me, that was a very good and interesting article by Mr Dowling...............
Sorry to burst the bubble, but today there is a small article in the Herald-Sun Page 3, name not supplied, that quashes all the good in that article on the news website.

Quote:
GT revived for a lap of glory

Sometimes they do make them like they used to. Today the Falcon GT returns to Ford's Broadmeadows production line for the first time in 37 years.

The last time Australia's most powerful V8 sedan went down Ford's main production line was in June 1976, when it cost just $6200 - a fraction of today's $70,000 price tag.

The GT's return to Broadmeadows, after the company that assembled it for the past 21 years closed its doors in December, is unlikely to be the Falcon's saviour. Its 14,000 sales last year, including about 1500 GT's and other Falcon performance models, was the lowest since the Ford Falcon began in 1960.
Wonder who wrote that? No prizes for guessing.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
Exactly, especially since I've had 3 FPV's in a row. Couldn't let that "underarm delivery" go through toi the keeper unanswered.
3 FPVs in a row?
Hmm, can't think of anyone else on here who has done that.

Oh wait a minute, thats right.....I bought a GT-P and 2 F6s, one after the other....come to think of it so has DASH GT and quite a number of others on here.....
Old 18-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #41
Hally

In my mind the article was absolute rubbish. What exactly did FPV to finish any car off? Bumpers, wheels, maybe a supercharger after the introduction of the 335 motor?

Seriously everyone knows that the bulk of the car was built on a Ford assembly line.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #42
jamies

Sheesh, I'm only new to this forum but have owned Esp's, 3 x 1968 Xt's two of which I've done up and plenty of other tough fords. I have recently in the last 6 months bought my first Fpv which I love and I can't believe the amount of whinging so called ford fans on here.. I love v8 muscle new and old. I personally think its great to see a Gt roll out of Broadmeadows its a special thing..
Old 18-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #43
Rodge
Banned

An underarm delivery is still an underarm delivery regardless of who's doing the umpiring or how many FPV's anyone's owned, mate.

Perhaps you'd like to name some of the other members on here who bought 3 new FPV's at New Zealand's inflated prices and supported their bro's across the Tasman before delivery of your next "low blow"

Last edited by Rodge; 18-02-2013 at 04:50 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #44
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

crikey you have to wonder if this is ford forums or lets "bash ford forums" with the number of knockers, i would give my left one for Falcon GT,
personally
i really don`t give a toss if car x from over sea`s has heated seats and and a can cooler, the GT is made here , it has history and race heritage back from 1967, it has plenty of luxo items and it`s is a Grand Tourer in every sense of the word, that is a "GT" and some poofy gadgets the pretenders have in my book it is still brilliant value for the dough.
any one wanting to swap a GT for my left one ,send me a PM.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #45
jamies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
crikey you have to wonder if this is ford forums or lets "bash ford forums" with the number of knockers, i would give my left one for Falcon GT,
personally
i really don`t give a toss if car x from over sea`s has heated seats and and a can cooler, the GT is made here , it has history and race heritage back from 1967, it has plenty of luxo items and it`s is a Grand Tourer in every sense of the word, that is a "GT" and some poofy gadgets the pretenders have in my book it is still brilliant value for the dough.
any one wanting to swap a GT for my left one ,send me a PM.
Mik, well said I 100% agree.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #46
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
1500 sold last year, thats a brilliant effort.
Anyone got a breakdown on FPV for last year.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #47
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
Sorry to burst the bubble, but today there is a small article in the Herald-Sun Page 3, name not supplied, that quashes all the good in that article on the news website.

Wonder who wrote that? No prizes for guessing.
Scanned:

Old 18-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #48
JG34JA

Quick question, does this mean Prodrive still involved in GT/F6/GS development & sales?
Old 18-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #49
4vdean

did any one notice the side stripe in the news article, correct me if I'm wrong (nicely without flames please) but it looks different to the previous 335 stripes, the lower section looks horizontal rather than kicking up towards the rear ?
Old 18-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #50
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well i guess a GT FALCON built at broadmeadows is a huge thing for some people, it is for me just like my old XBGT 351.

Last edited by bigwil; 18-02-2013 at 05:21 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #51
anto
Za Dom spremni

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vdean View Post
did any one notice the side stripe in the news article, correct me if I'm wrong (nicely without flames please) but it looks different to the previous 335 stripes, the lower section looks horizontal rather than kicking up towards the rear ?
now that you mention it...it definately is different.

well spotted
AU III XR8 red ute
Old 18-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #52
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to interrupt the bickering.

But here are some photos of the event for those interested
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1398200&type=1
Old 18-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #53
manny.miner

I love my GT. That is all.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
Old 18-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #54
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Few things note worthy from the pics on facebook..

Looks as though they are still running the FPV line as a separate concern... That is the cars are not fitted up on the same line as Falcon, but rather sent to another area to have the wheels, kits etc fitted (XR get wheels / spoilers / front bars put on the line).

I think we should be thankful that the car still exists.

The starter button lives on!!

care of Fords facebook page.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #55
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

All this thread proves is that Ford can't do anything right in the eyes of some.

GT being built, money being invested in the Falcon, cars rolling out of broadmedows, stories in the paper, on the news, radio and Internet...

I fail to see how any of that can be seen as a negative...

You can see the pride Ford has about the falcon, and that is a excellent thing to see.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 18-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #56
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Nikked you are right, but it is quite a natural reaction for customers that are feeling frustrated and see lack of value I guess.

The people complaining for just a new sticker, or new wheels, new stripes, were not long ago complaining that these sorts of changes are just half baked, yet this is what they now expect? No winners here.

What many fail to realise, is that it has required significant investment from Ford without any of these half baked efforts that many complain about,JUST TO KEEP FPV operating, that is something that should be celebrated, and an indication of their longer term intentions?
Old 18-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #57
jamies

I wonder if people complained about the lack of value when the XR Gt came out in 1967 .. If you work out the cost of a new car in the 60's and 70's it was still lot of money back then. If you can afford a new Gt today good on you I wish I could, Maybe some of you are to spoilt.
Old 18-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #58
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Rodge, since you own a 335GT Flappist is unable to roll out the "you havn't bought a new GT so your opinion is worthless" he had to resort to attacking the fact you live in NZ.....

Shame on you for having an opinion...
Seems to be happening on a daily basis. God forbid you have a difference of opinion. You'd think a mod would know better.

But back on topic, the GT going back to Ford got a half page of the local paper dedicated to it, and how the V8 is now being built in Geelong. But that tossbag Dowling had to throw in his little dig about how it won't save Falcon.

He can't even mention Falcon or Ford without adding the sales figures and how it will be finished soon. What a scumbag.

But why did Ford include the XC Cobra in the line up of cars when it was never a GT? Its iconic, but its a fact
4 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #59
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A good video on Ford youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUFqR...ylqrlQ&index=1
2 users like this post:
Old 18-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #60
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore