Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Got my first V8 :)

Hey guys, I've just purchased another project car, this one is a little left of field and I've made the jump to "The General":

Its got a Detroit Diesel 6.5L turbo V8 under the hood (which I hear is crap), twin 160A alternators and a 3 battery setup. Man this thing sounds TOUGH, imagine 50 people with milo tins full of bolts shaking them up and down at once, thats pretty much a diesel V8.

I'm looking at either converting it into a camper van, or ripping off the rear box body and chucking a steel tray on the back.

Unfortunately, the rear of the cab seems to have been cut into. There is a little hole so you can see through the rear of the box body, what would be involved in putting a rear wind screen in there instead if I decide to ditch the box body?

I'm also a P plater, and going by the Victorian P plate laws I'm unable to drive it, because its a "high powered vehicle" so I'm going to try for an exemption.

Does anyone have any experience with these GMC trucks? I think its a 3500 model?

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 17-02-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post