Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2015, 10:38 PM   #31
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Default Re: MyFord Extended Warranty: Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCNFAN View Post
I got rear diff bushes replaced under Ford extended warranty.
You will find your not the only one mate. Dozen's of guys get diff bushes done under Ford Extended new car warranty... Well worth it IMO

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #32
FLCNFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2242100 View Post
That sounds good, but was the mileage over 100,000 k's at the time of the replacement? I'm wondering if their reasoning was that the bushes should see out the distance of the new car warranty.
I guess with all these things you just need to read the PDS carefully and try to get something in writing on anything doubtful. I did that recently when I was renewing my house insurance.
Odo reading was 75 thousand odd km.
FLCNFAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2015, 12:50 AM   #33
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler View Post
Wear & tear on a car with 20.000Ks.. I think not.
When I read what you said in post 27, I thought you might be expecting to get your bushes replaced at fairly high mileage, 100,000 to 200,000.
Perhaps they would replace them, but that's what I was questioning.

Last edited by 2242100; 15-02-2015 at 01:18 AM.
2242100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #34
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Its extended NEW car warranty, & mirrors the factory warranty, with a new car the bush's are warranted, so as such they will be fix under extended NEW car warranty. With me?

myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty

The myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty is a full extension of the original Ford Express New Vehicle Warranty, with plan options available to extend the original three years/100,000 km, by a further three years/100,000 km. This means your Ford can have new vehicle warranty protection for up to six years from first registration or up to 200,000km (since new), whichever occurs first.

The myFord Extended New Vehicle Warranty is available at the time of your Ford purchase from a participating myFord Authorised Dealer and for existing owners. Vehicles that are under three years of age from the date of first registration and have travelled less than 100,000kms at the time of application are eligible to apply.

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2015, 06:55 PM   #35
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Just to add...
Ford never ended up charging me for my extended warranty and refunded me the 1900 odd dollars it was worth when i sold my ute back to them lol
thanks ford bahahahahaha
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post