Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #31
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 
Default Re: Summernats 25 is near!

i havent been able to get to the nats for the last few years and im gutted.... was like my yearly thing id look forward to and looks 99.9% certain im gunna miss it again. Always stayed at the carotel, even managed to get the XA down there one year and thats what made me come home, strip her down and almost 7yrs later still not finished lol

Carotel is good, bit of walking tho so wear comfy shoes, or what i used to do was drive to the churchy thing down the road and park there and just walk across the highway...

There is security at the carotel too, i got booted out one sat night, did a burnout in a charade hahahaha.... good times

If staying (camping) at the carotel, what i used to do was arrive really early thursday morning at like 5:30-6am (id drive thru the night from newcastle - also means NO COPS!), setup camp, by the times thats done the office is open at 7am?, go pay for ya site, then head into dickson shops and get all ya grog and food, head back to camp, all done by 8am, have a snooze.... Start partying around midday dont stop til sunday arvo

enjoy the fun guys!

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #32
prasac
Banned

if there is enough cars going next year, you can get marquees. 10 cars would spread the cost of a marquee well. when you get sick of cruising just park it in there, we usually just park in the Tuff Street section or PPG tent but a marquee would be good cos u got fridges etc.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #33
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

Anyone in the burnout comps? Who owns that black Ba GT that cooked em last year? That thing sounded nuts! Had the bonnet off and has pollished plenum and valve covers?
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
SIMBAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #34
DANNO178

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
u can camp at the site. it's cheap and easy, they have showers n that. make sure u get plenty of sunscreen and buy a sombrero hat. also, make sure u have a shower after the burnouts, u go in looking like 2000's Michael Jackson and come out looking like 1970's Michael Jackson

we have a spare spot in the bungalow (same room for 20 years ), a mate decided to have a kid around the time of the event, so he won't go. he is a bit of a pussy, another mate just had a kid 2 weeks back but he is still going

like tankclare said prepare for a few big days. if u see a guy in the middle of the road doing burnouts (not in a car, with feet) with his pants and undies around his knees, come say hello that is me
Thanks for the offer prasac , I was hoping to bring my son , so would probably overcrowd your bungalow . If he wants to come and I have to get a site myself , will there be more tent sites or will it be booked out , should I book and how much . If I get stuck on my own, I will take up your offer if its still there ,but dont go holding it for me if somebody else wants it in the meantime . Thanks again ,much appreciated .
DANNO178 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #35
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNO178
Thanks for the offer prasac , I was hoping to bring my son , so would probably overcrowd your bungalow . If he wants to come and I have to get a site myself , will there be more tent sites or will it be booked out , should I book and how much . If I get stuck on my own, I will take up your offer if its still there ,but dont go holding it for me if somebody else wants it in the meantime . Thanks again ,much appreciated .
we will be getting mates stopping thru all weekend, so i think they wanted to keep the spot free. i think 6 or 7 can squeeze in we usually on have 5.

check the Summernats website www.summernats.com.au all details will be on there. i think it's like $50-$70 to camp. which is cheap, we pay about $400ea for the room for 4 days Thurs-Mon
Old 01-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #36
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone know camping + Car entry fee into the Summnernats? i know the closure date for entry is pretty soon.? 9th december?
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #37
MR.BA.GT.332
Now in the quad cam zone

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all his work in the project section. Awesome effort. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvgtp255
Anyone in the burnout comps? Who owns that black Ba GT that cooked em last year? That thing sounded nuts! Had the bonnet off and has pollished plenum and valve covers?
any video of this? ive been looking on youtube but no luck

"BARNEY" 2003 BA GT #332, Phantom, Boss 290, FR20 Simmons. XYZ Brakes - 355mm Rotors - 8piston Front Calipers & 4piston Rear More Mods soon!!
MR.BA.GT.332 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #38
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_460bigblock
any video of this? ive been looking on youtube but no luck
I think there's 1 on YouTube? I was sure there is? I'll have a squiz.. If not I'll upload one that I took
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #39
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Search for: MR GT - FPV GT Falcon Burnout. Uploaded by blown Hemi.
Here's a link but it's done off my phone so I think u might have to get rid of the "m" before .YouTube.com...
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=zXyOaGXaty4

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 04-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #40
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Friday looking good weather wise.. Saturday and Sunday looks a little questionable.. Not stopping me going tho!!

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #41
NeoBF
Always thinking...

Haha mate it would take the earth splitting in 2 between queanbeyean and epic to stop me, stuff a little rain shell be right .
Anyone catch city cruise? Thoughts?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #42
RAPID_BA
Banned

Last time I was at the nats my mates were watching me. Talk to some chick, middle of the day. Next thing they see is she takes her top off and standing there yapping to me.. They weren't stunned as it was pretty common there.

She says to me take your top off mate, I said (thinking she wouldn't be up for it) only if you take your top off first. She did!! I didn't and she looked pretty silly.

Hmmm maybe ill go to the nats again, dust everywhere $60 to get in and $15 parking. $10 lousy hotdogs, topless women, ok.

If it don't rain ill be there, any rain and the hot car and boobs disappear.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #43
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoBF
Haha mate it would take the earth splitting in 2 between queanbeyean and epic to stop me, stuff a little rain shell be right .
Anyone catch city cruise? Thoughts?
I work on Northbourne....here's a link to a video I took of the cruise down Northbourne Ave today (it's by blackberry, so excuse the quality):

http://youtu.be/rSbSsFjF5bM

As at 5.17, it's still uploading with 6 mins to go!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #44
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Last time I was at the nats my mates were watching me. Talk to some chick, middle of the day. Next thing they see is she takes her top off and standing there yapping to me.. They weren't stunned as it was pretty common there.

She says to me take your top off mate, I said (thinking she wouldn't be up for it) only if you take your top off first. She did!! I didn't and she looked pretty silly.

Hmmm maybe ill go to the nats again, dust everywhere $60 to get in and $15 parking. $10 lousy hotdogs, topless women, ok.

If it don't rain ill be there, any rain and the hot car and boobs disappear.
Wow, you must be quite the stud. Unfortunately, it's people like you that risk the summernats being banned because of the offensive behaviour that (for some) escalates to attempted or actual sexual assault on young women, and makes it very hard for families to enjoy the day.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 05-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #45
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Tits or rubber, one or the other! Lol

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 05-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #46
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I work on Northbourne....here's a link to a video I took of the cruise down Northbourne Ave today (it's by blackberry, so excuse the quality):

Noticed that yella camaro still has them crappy brake dust deflectors that look like big disk brakes

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #47
NeoBF
Always thinking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

Cheers brother. I was stoked to see it, drove up from Sunbury in Vic then made it just in time lol...was good but none of te cars could really give it some juice (of course) but still some nice cars .
You coming to the nats jc?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #48
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cant wait to get down there on sat/sun and people thinking of goin if you buy a season pass on the net its only 80 bucks now! As for getting a marque next year I'd be up for that more power comes my way this month and then leather when it cools down
Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #49
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I were working I would have had a good view. Work on Moore St on level 10 lol
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #50
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Wow, you must be quite the stud. Unfortunately, it's people like you that risk the summernats being banned because of the offensive behaviour that (for some) escalates to attempted or actual sexual assault on young women, and makes it very hard for families to enjoy the day.
I agree its demeaning for women. I certainly dont condone that. I just cant beleive it still goes on. Ive been to about 10 summernats and all as bad as each other. Woundnt you think the media would pounce all over it? Ive never seen on the news any reference to women getting their cans out.

They should probably remove the references to women getting their cans out from the theme song played at the front gate if they are fair dinkem about addressing the lewd behaviour.

It should be a family event with family values.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #51
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
I agree its demeaning for women. I certainly dont condone that. I just cant beleive it still goes on. Ive been to about 10 summernats and all as bad as each other. Woundnt you think the media would pounce all over it? Ive never seen on the news any reference to women getting their cans out.

They should probably remove the references to women getting their cans out from the theme song played at the front gate if they are fair dinkem about addressing the lewd behaviour.

It should be a family event with family values.
if they don't want to do it they won't, they just walk away. alot of girls go there knowing what to expect. some get into the atmosphere of the event and put tits out on display. if it was the other way around id have no probs dropping the pants some guys do go overboard but that is more because of the alcohol than anything else.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #52
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Got me a new pair of double pluggers for the next 3 days lol.. Old thongs were starting to wear thin! Eitherway, I'm pumped.. Got to try get some sleep! Few big days ahead of me!!

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 06-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #53
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
some guys do go overboard but that is more because of the alcohol than anything else.
Ive seen mobs of blokes, maybe in the hundreds or dare I say thousands chanting in perfect harmony for women to get them out.

how do they get such a large group to sing in perfect harmony? You would never get that level of co-operation and synchonisation singing any other tune. Also considering they are also all drunk.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #54
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Boobs are a powerful thing
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #55
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Boobs are a powerful thing
LOL, yes they are.

And apparently when videoing, had I continued to video for another 30 seconds or so at the end, I may have captured a stretch Hummer with "genteleman's club" on the side, and women "hanging out" the sunroof. But I didn't.......

Old 06-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #56
HQ2VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC

Nice video work JC

Got to love old school cars...BTW.."Go Charger"..LOL
HQ2VY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #57
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQ2VY
Nice video work JC

Got to love old school cars...BTW.."Go Charger"..LOL
The last charger was my favourite - looked tough, nice wheels, and sounded great.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #58
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Was a great weekend I thought, definitely better than last year! Wallet took a fair beating tho.. Was a little depressed when I checked how my funds were.. Spent near 5x more than what I planned to..

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #59
Fab
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How to get banned from the Summernats.
Unbelievable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPzJ...1&feature=plcp
Fab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #60
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
How to get banned from the Summernats.
Unbelievable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPPzJ...1&feature=plcp
that was at least on the burnout pad. Tuff Street copped a pounding, a few guys got kicked out the general rule was 1-3-second burnout if security approved if u went to long security tell u to move on if u didn't listen, good chance u will get booted.