Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-05-2015, 08:52 AM   #31
why
Starter Motor

Default Re: Isuzu Mux Owners Opinions Please

Hi Guys
New to posting here, but have been looking for a while.......I have a company supplied dual cab DMax and its great, the 5 speed auto spread of ratio's is fine. have towed a dual axle trailer with 2.8 tonnes all up (public weighbridge confirmed) another work vehicle had a accident with the same trailer in the wet and was put down to overspeeding. Trans and engine worked superb with trailer when I tested it. I've had for 6 months with no issues, except the remote as not responded once or twice. Different to Mux I know, but the mechanicals are the same. Had a Trition before........no comparison
why is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #32
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo77 View Post
Was at the traffic lights and one pulled up, thought it was a diesel truck idling away next to me before i glanced over. Very noisy engine.
We've got the Hiluxs at work and reckon they'd be on par with the Isuzu regarding noise
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2015, 07:39 PM   #33
XRWhite
Starter Motor

My wife a 2014 MUX auto as her work car. We haven't had it off road yet, so I can't comment on that. True it does seem a little agricultural in the engine department however she drives it like a sports car and still gets 9l/100.
Suspension is a little soft.
I think the cabin should have some style injection and the computer that you need to turn off the safety warnings everytime you start the car is very annoying.
It should have a few extras like auto on/off headlights, light adjusted rear view mirror. And maybe a 6 speed auto.
It has had a few recalls for seatbelt issues, the mounting bolt for the 3rd row seats and something else that I can't recall at the moment.

That being said my daily driver is a 2010 XR6 and when she is away for business I like taking her car to work.
We will seriously look at buying it when the lease is due.

Hope that helps a bit.
XRWhite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #34
zlcrazy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRWhite View Post
My wife a 2014 MUX auto as her work car. We haven't had it off road yet, so I can't comment on that. True it does seem a little agricultural in the engine department however she drives it like a sports car and still gets 9l/100.
Suspension is a little soft.
I think the cabin should have some style injection and the computer that you need to turn off the safety warnings everytime you start the car is very annoying.
It should have a few extras like auto on/off headlights, light adjusted rear view mirror. And maybe a 6 speed auto.
It has had a few recalls for seatbelt issues, the mounting bolt for the 3rd row seats and something else that I can't recall at the moment.

That being said my daily driver is a 2010 XR6 and when she is away for business I like taking her car to work.
We will seriously look at buying it when the lease is due.

Hope that helps a bit.
Yeah thanks for the detailed reply. That does help. Seriously considering one for my next car.

[B]2000 AU2 Fairmont Wagon - Congo Green
Factory Smart Bullbar, Hayman Reese Heavy Duty 2300kg Towpack and Front and Rear Mudflaps.
zlcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2015, 11:32 PM   #35
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I serviced them and worked for a Ford dealer that sold 'em. 4JJ1 engine etc makes the others look like the toys they are. Forget about paper no's, and 5-speed/6-speed bs. 5 ton truck engine in a MU-X or D-MAX is going to last till Jesus returns if looked after. Run Caltex diesel, then Shell or Mobil, steer clear of BP and no names, change fuel filter when you do engine oil and filter. Fit Waterwatch too. Very tight engine when new, .0005 piston to bore clearance. MU-X does need decent shocks from day one and springs too if mainly on road use.

Last edited by sprintman1; 14-05-2015 at 11:53 PM.
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-05-2015, 04:56 PM   #36
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Si is this essentially the same car as a rodeo or colorado?

if so what are the main difference like with ranger/bt50 is it panels or more skin deep
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2015, 05:25 PM   #37
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boza View Post
Si is this essentially the same car as a rodeo or colorado?

if so what are the main difference like with ranger/bt50 is it panels or more skin deep
Driveline is completely different to Colorado. Colorado runs VM Motori engine (same as Jeep Wrangler ) and GM six speed auto . MU-X runs Isuzu truck engine and 5 speed auto or manual.. Body is same but suspension and interior differ.
SumoDog68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #38
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so if going for one of these an isuzu variant would be better.

I had a xj cherokee turbo diesel about 10 years ago with the vm engine utter garbage I have been put off those motors ever since every time I hear a vehicle is fitted with a vm I head for the hills.

But these days the new ram has a vm which was essentially developed for cadillacs so can't be that bad.
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post