Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #31
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dfutura
that green SS pulled me over about a month ago for a random breath test, if you look closely now around the shire, there are 3 unmarked FG typhoons rolling around, there are one of each octane/bionic/vixen cars that ive spotted, they all have really dark tint aswell
They are just the Taipan cars, they are based at Eastern Creek but hold operations in individual LACs
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #32
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

i have seen a nitro xr6t with custom plates royan1. nearly ran him till i saw dash lights
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #33
HLC
Audi S3

I work at Eastern Creek and these 'Operation Taipan' coppers often stop in at my work late at night for a feed and a yak. they are running a lot of Brand new F6's with BOTH the state yellow number plates, as well as the white w/ black writing number plates. Most of the BF F6's had the white w/black but some had state too. the FG's i have seen more with state, but some have the white too. most of the guys are pretty cool but there are some tools :

after having a chat to one of the blokes about the cars, when they took off, he gave it the berries and was chirping the tyres between gear changes lol

anyway they look mean, and seeing them all parked up at work gives me a chubby haha and wanting to visit the police auctions in a few years!!! :
Old 04-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #34
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
and wanting to visit the police auctions in a few years!!! :
No you don't! Taipan originally had 12 F6s but 6 of those are now being used elsewhere throughout the state. The remaining 6 are pretty much being run 24/7 and apparently already have a few km on the odo.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #35
kezzer

Down in victoria I havent seen one F6 as a cop car, most of the highway patrols are VE SS's, SV6's and a few FG XR6.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post