Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #31
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwebber
i didnt say i was going in my xf didnt i nor did i say i was gonna do fully sick burnouts all i said was id watch cops cant defect a fg xr6 that has only a growler air intake legal size rims and a legal exaust.
Hate to rain on your parade but they very much can defect your FG.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 08:04 PM   #32
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Hate to rain on your parade but they very much can defect your FG.
and impound it if you break the law... not to mention nuisance and loitering charges....

Old 17-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #33
artwebber

id love them to impound my car for being parked in a parking zone and doing the speed limit on the hwy that would be a first
artwebber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #34
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
id love them to impound my car for being parked in a parking zone and doing the speed limit on the hwy that would be a first
If you're seen loitering in a group or seen hanging laps you'll be asked to leave the area....

Old 17-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #35
artwebber

i cruise around with around 20 cars every weekend and on cruises anywhere between 100 to 500 cars its just the normal stuff for us non hooning cruiser's let the hoons get done over im not gonna be touched for doing nothing wrong.
Old 17-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #36
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Not to mention most exhausts now will put you over the dB limit anyway.

Protesting on the highway will only make it worse. This and other events are for car ENTHUSIASTS so acting the fool will tarnish the already bad enough name of proper car enthusiasts.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #37
artwebber

if i get done for EPA its a simple exaust change over and test then back on again but i highly doubt id get a EPA notic been on cruises where car parks are closed off cops everywhere with tow trucks out the front and every car getting road worthy checks and i still made it out fine and yellow sticker free.

as for the protest im ready to sit back and watch them get done its not the way to solve this but no one can stop them idiots so just have to watch it happen
Old 17-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #38
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some of the stuff you guys are saying almost reads like a "defect me if you can" type challenge to the cops if you ask me they don't need to be enticed into sucking funds from your wallet they do that plenty enough already find a lawful way to show your displeasure you will do more harm than good

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 10:31 PM   #39
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
if i get done for EPA its a simple exaust change over and test then back on again but i highly doubt id get a EPA notic been on cruises where car parks are closed off cops everywhere with tow trucks out the front and every car getting road worthy checks and i still made it out fine and yellow sticker free.

as for the protest im ready to sit back and watch them get done its not the way to solve this but no one can stop them idiots so just have to watch it happen
Turning up to watch just makes you part of the problem....

Anyone with a ounce of care about this problem would stay well clear of the area or "protest"....

Old 17-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #40
XC-351

e-mail from local police stations...

anyone in the area caught protesting will be fined and possibly arrested.
cars will be checked. outstanding warrents will be checked and drug alcohol readings will be taken.

guess you will get in ********** in your FG ay,

stupid dumb idea
Old 17-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #41
dom_105
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's tough in many respects because there are only so many places you can hold this sort of event. If you can't hold it at Sandown and you can't/won't hold it at Calder Park, the options start to disappear.
dom_105 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #42
blueau

thats it every1 let someone else do it. until the only track left is in new zealand and then we can all sit back and talk about the good ol days.Can some1 tell me when the next event is where i can cruise,drag and do burnouts?
blueau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #43
blueau

i also dont agree with idiots doin burnouts and dumb s@*! as a protest.
blueau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 11:56 PM   #44
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

I'm against any protest that involves morons doing burnouts or anything illegal on public streets, but this warning by the cops as quoted by BA-XR6 really yanks my crank.

The right to a peaceful protest is one we are entitled to and that type of bullying by VICPOL is an insult. If it turns out to be morons being morons I'll feel vindicated, but if it is a legitimate protest by true car enthusiasts then I'll be genuinely sorry I wasn't there.

Go for it artwebber. But I hope for your sake your car *is* roadworthy and the rest of your protest crowd is as level headed as you are.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #45
artwebber

exactly its alot of talk about burnouts and hooning now but when ur out there on the street u think diffrently same going for the police alot of talk about defects and fines but if its a quiet protest and only a few idiots realy do play up then they will get them and leave the rest.

the police can be bad at times but hell they only give it back as much as they get respect is allways the key.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #46
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Winton have put together an event because the Easternats has fallen over, they are calling it LastMinuteNATS, there is a thread in here about it

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ght=easternats
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 08:08 PM   #47
ZC001
Cruisin

Leopards do not change their spots. You can ignore the letter from Calder Park about whose fault the cancellation of this event is as pure fantasy and face-saving. Read between the lines, some financial arrangement for this event has changed at late notice or was contrary to one parties understanding. The event promoter has chosen to cancel the whole event rather than accept this 'misunderstanding' (or 'negotiate' in CP speak, after it has now backfired in their face and there will be no event at all).

I have observed a familiar and common pattern to many of bob jane's business practises since early attempts by drag racing clubs to run events at his track in the early 1970's. Money and control are always common themes.

Have a look at the history of events cancelled at bob jane owned tracks; the difficulties other organisations have dealing with him; how many times his tracks have been closed for whatever reason; how they reopen as soon as there is any discussion of an alternative venue.

bob jane is the owner of motorsport facilities in two states. Unfortunately I feel he is sometimes our biggest enemy as well. We have not had ANDRA dragracing at either facility he owns for many years. Now we have lost the Easternats as well. What will be next ?
ZC001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #48
Saraco

Well you guys still have calder park street meets, Heathcote, Ballarat, is there more within easy reach of Melbourne? We in Adelaide have Mallala, but thats not a dragstrip, WAIKERIE 180 km's away, that's not a real dragstrip either! It's a bumpy airstrip for gliders with no traction and only eigth mile. Whyalla 400 km's away eigth mile only. Penola 400 km's away eigth mile only and a dirt road leading to it. Mildura Vic.Eigth mile only, 400 km's away, long dirt road leading to the track plus VERY dusty pits. Tailem Bend is 100 km's away and will be ready...?? Barmera is 240 km's away, the riverland boys have been talking about their track for years.... still talking. So, you guys in Melbourne , count your blessings, because you have it a LOT BETTER than Adelaide.

Last edited by Saraco; 21-03-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Saraco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #49
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Melbourne / Victoria will be lucky to have anything that even closely resembles drag racing ever again after that deplorable behaviour of those ************** ************** on the weekend.

What did that franchise owner do?

Hang your heads in shame - ********wits.
Old 26-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #50
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

from the Winton website
Quote:
LastminuteNats Cancelled!!

Bad News!! The Last Minute Nats event which was to be held on April 3rd 2010 has been cancelled.

We have been working with authorities to try and resolve a number of issues and have just run out of time.

When the concept was proposed last week it was a genuine attempt to provide an alternative to the cancelled EasterNats event, however, following meetings which occurred as a result of the response to a recent event in Melbourne, the consequence of which has changed the thinking of the authorities in relation to the running of the Last Minute Nats at this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience and I assure you that this will not affect any future events and I have an assurance from the authorities for their support when running similar types of events in the future.

Kindest regards,

Adam Ronke
A bloody shame, those idiots who trashed the Bob Jane store have this to answer for too.
Old 26-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #51
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If last friday night is anything to go by stay off the hume tonight near Benalla......