Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-07-2007, 10:09 PM   #31
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Some of the more recent ones:
This one has been retired,but with good cause.The running gear will be transplanted to an xe ghia v8 that I have to have some fun with.It has an svo 351 and koni adjustable's to donate to the cause.I like the car,but I like the xe more.

This one I used as a daily for a while,250 4 speed gs van:

This one we sold when we decided to start a family,Then new 06 focus lx that I'd put an exhuast and bodykit on:
Old 22-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #32
XRLightening

I wish I had my previous car. It was a '99 Suzuki Baleno Hatch with front and rear spoilers, driving lights, sports exhaust and mag wheels.

A great little car. It was cheap to run and fun to drive. Had it for 6 years.

We just know him as THE MANTIS

-------------

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria
Daily Drive:
2005 GU IV Patrol, 4.8l Petrol, Manual, Steel Bullbar, Towbar, Electronic Brakes and Cargo Barrier.
Toy Drive:
1968 XT Falcon Ute - Dead Stock, Original and ALWAYS Garaged
XRLightening is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 10:14 PM   #33
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
we're not actually after a panelvan schnoods..

Some great cars being mentioned on here..

MRJUCY that is still one of if not the best XD around...Bad news about it being stolen

LoL wasnt really gonna let it go either.

I can understand being attached to previous cars. I once let my Panelvan go to my old man as he was alot more keener on the car. I only just bought it back this year, 2nd chance that i thought I'd never get.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 10:14 PM   #34
BTTB
Free XD

I think there will be a lot of FIRST cars in this thread

at 19 years of age My 5.8L XC ex-police car was scrapped in 1990 for what would be considered minimal rust
I had all intentions of restoring it to its former police livery and taking it to shows
until my TAFE teacher told me I would be wasting my time and money...
(he had a new EA series II sedan)

at the time though I knew nobody that could repair doglegs and the channel around the bootlid

last registered in NSW its driveline was fitted to my next car

a 1981 XD S pac sedan... which I started turning into a Rally car
(we lived 2 km's from the state forests near Coffs Harbour)

Needles to say that XD was fun to handle at 120km/hr in the scrub

the motor was ailing and the XD was found to have more rust than the XC

so I bought an XY sedan... but that never happened either :togo:

lots of regrets

but the past is exactly that... the past

Last edited by BTTB; 22-07-2007 at 10:22 PM.
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #35
Greenhorn
Pimpin My VK

i wish i still had both of my 57 chrysler wayfarer ap2's and my mums xp sedan
Greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:19 PM   #36
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

its a toss up between the xy and the zh. the xy was faster but the fairlane had comfort and options like air, steer and power windows.
Old 23-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #37
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

I always wished I never sold my first car, the day I saw it turn the corner leaving my street for the last time I was so sad and couldnt believe what the hell I had just done and still regret it till today!, sure it was only a 1988 EA Spac with the Cfi Engine and the 3 speed auto, but it was my first car and I always said I would never sell it, and then i ended up getting sick of fuel prices and decided to get an LPG ED wagon thus the EA had to go:(

Anyways Fast forward 3 Years till last wednesday when i was randomly browsing E-bay for parts for my EB wagon when I came across a familiar car - placed in the car parts section with no gallery image (still dont know how i found it because I usually just look at pictures and whatever intrests me I click on and read more) but anyway somehow I ended up looking at that page and found MY OLD EA!

Promptly made a deal with it's owner and he canceled the auction straight away, I'm going to pick it up from bendigo on saturday can't wait to have it back!!! - This time I ain't selling it:P

Anyway heres a pic from when i owned it back in 2004

Cant wait for it to be back home again!!!

Heres a thread I made about it aswell: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=109282

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 12:52 AM   #38
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQ1KA
i always wished i never sold my first car, the day i saw it turn the corner leaving my street for the last time i was so sad and couldnt believe what the hell i had just done and regret still regret it till today!, sure it was only a 1988 EA Spac with the Cfi Engine and the 3 speed auto, but it was my first car and i always said i would never sell it, and then i ended up getting sick of fuel prices and decided to get an LPG ED wagon thus the EA had to go:(

Anyways Fast forward 3 Years till last wednesday when i was randomly browsing E-bay for parts for my EB wagon when i came across a familiar car - placed in the car parts section with no gallery image (still dont know how i clicked it because i usually just look at pictures and whatever intrests me i click on and read more) but anyway somehow i ended up looking at that page and found MY OLD EA!

Promptly made a deal with its owner and he canceled the auction straight away, I'm going to pick it up from bendigo on saturday can't wait to have it back!!! - This time i ain't selling it:P

Anyway heres a pic from when i owned it back in 2004

Cant wait for it to be back home again!!!

Heres a thread i made about it aswell: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=109282
I've bought 2 cars back that I'd sold.I've found the memorys somtimes romantasise the cars and you end up remembering why you sold them in the first place.
Old 23-07-2007, 01:02 AM   #39
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
I've bought 2 cars back that I'd sold.I've found the memorys somtimes romantasise the cars and you end up remembering why you sold them in the first place.
Thing is I never really hated anything about it, it was just I needed a bigger car and the LPG

It was a very clean and straight EA looked awesome! Only thing I really hated about it was that it wouldnt rev past 3000rpm, but these days I know what to look at if it still has the same problem, back when I was 15/16 i knew crap all about engines and if something went wrong, according to me it was time for a new car!

Ever since I got a project EA and ripped apart the engine i have learnt alot!

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 01:06 AM   #40
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wish i still had..........

hq gts monaro.
xagt sedan.

still happy with the xwgt though. ;)
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #41
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
i wish i still had most of the cars i have owned in the past but sold most of them to go or move onto other projects
Ditto... funny that, how you'd pour every last cent you earned into a project only to decide that you wanted something either faster, tougher, or more appealing?

Out of the countless.... Two I wish I'd kept were my Brown Bomber (XRGT) Tunnel-rammed 289, (sold for $2700) and out of 1/2 a dozen Cussos, my red & white "56" (MY429) worked 4V 429, C6, 9" etc.(sold for $2500)
And one when I was big into bikes, was my HRD Vincent Black Shadow.. Stroked to 1300cc, Egli frame.. (sold for $1800... nowadays probably 50 grand?)

2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #42
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
I think yours, and the T3 are the only AU's I've ever seen that I actually really like the look of. Very tasteful mods, well done! I especially like how you kept the amber repeaters - they suit the colour much more than clears would.
It had clear ones, they were stolen from my work carpark so i put the amber ones back on for the photoshoot. I sold it with clear ones but
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 06:23 PM   #43
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennBA
My AU.. the BA is nicer to drive but far out that thing was tough. I never saw another anything like it. It was a beautiful car!
Always liked your AU Glenn. I think the wheels really set it off. The BA is nice, but I think this is a little better. Do you see it around much?
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #44
AUTickford
XD197

Geez i miss my xd with a mild cast iron six 197bhp,also i used to have a poster of mr jucy up in the kitchen but i took it down after it was nicked coz i couldnt look at it no more :
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #45
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Always liked your AU Glenn. I think the wheels really set it off. The BA is nice, but I think this is a little better. Do you see it around much?
Nah i've seen it once because its down near springwood i'm pretty sure. The guy who bought it loves it though. Its got extractors now and i think he's gonna do a bit more to the engine. A guy from the forums bro bought it, i think his username was EB_II_XR8 or something? Anyhow i've gotten a couple of PM's from members on here saying they've seen it.
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #46
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I sold my 59 Bugeye Sprite to go backpacking for a year.

1 car waiting for me under the carport was more than enough. Will buy another "Sunday Car" when I get a place with a garage.

Had some fun times in thats for sure!

[IMG][/IMG]
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 08:24 PM   #47
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Sold my XW fairmont with 302 windsor around 6 months ago,still wish i had it on sunny days,was a good cruiser.
FORD3V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 09:19 PM   #48
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for me it's my 76 lx 4 door torana

it was a beast fully engineered 400 chev twin turbo

the best time i had it run on the 1/4 mile was a 9.1 pass i think it had more in it but i am a hack at drag racing

no pics of it sorry the last pic i had went when my old unit got done over

jason
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #49
98elxr6

i know its not old or worth much but i wish i still had my vr berlina STOLEN AND NEVER RECOVERED v6 built by speed pro worked 185 kw stage two tranny with hi stall, irs lsd, slotted rotors,chiptorque chip,genie extractors with 2 1/2 inch mandrel bend exaust into twin 3'' chrome dumpys , vt ss 17s ,subs ,amps etc over 12k spent on running gear alone car wasnt insured so lost out big time..... ah well happens moved on now to better things namely my xr6
98elxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #50
Rastus
XY,XC,XEx2,XA,EF,AU,BA,XY

Unhappy

Two cars that I wish I still had in the shed, both appreciating in value.
And both were great to drive.
"Mmmm, which one will i take today, the stroked XE ESP, or the XA GT?"

Pity the fool who sells cars like these!
Old 23-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #51
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastus
Two cars that I wish I still had in the shed, both appreciating in value.
And both were great to drive.
"Mmmm, which one will i take today, the stroked XE ESP, or the XA GT?"

Pity the fool who sells cars like these!
HUBBA, HUBBA, HUBBA.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #52
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh yeah, those two cars are what made ford good in the day

bet you miss that XA the most, DAMN that looks good!!! Does it still exist or did it get poled/rusted out/stoved in etc?

I miss my 81 GH sigma wagon. 500 bucks I got that for, mint inside and out, had air con and everything and never let me down..
I let it down but :(

Felcen!
samftr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #53
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
HUBBA, HUBBA, HUBBA.
x2,they look great.
Old 23-07-2007, 10:52 PM   #54
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

after 15 years driving and having owned over a dozen cars, i have to say that i'm really happy with the car that i have now. driving it is more enjoyable than anything i've ever had before. i guess, the only 2 cars that would come close to it would be:

1. my first car back in 1992: 1978 XC falcon, 6 cyl auto. totally gutless but have some good memories.

and

2. my first V8 back in 1999: 1979 ZJ fairlane, 302.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 11:06 PM   #55
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wish we had either the VC Commodore wagon that some stupid smelly-head with a 0.15 BAC driving a Fairlane smashed into the back of at 60-80km/h in back in 1987 (I wasn't in the car...was at home with Grandma (Dad's). Dad saved my Mum's father's life that night, as well as his own. Wear your seatbelts kids!). Also, heavy-duty towbars are great. Took a lot of impact...at 90 degrees.

However, I miss the 87 XF wagon far more. Wasn't the best looked after (grubby Dad and three feral kids (twin being the most feral) didn't help. However, it served us well on long trips. Lots of space too. XFs only had three-speed autos though.

But the XF was a great family car. I would have gladly taken it off my parents hands back in 2000 when they got the VTII. Brother didn't want it.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2007, 11:52 PM   #56
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It wasnt all that special. But having owned a VC SLE Commodore before, this was a bit of a step up.. I wish I still had it sometimes.

'94 VR Exec. V6.. lowered, extractors, 2.5inch zaust, cai.. the norm.

I still see it around today.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #57
RachsEa

I still wish i had my 1982 zk fairlane, low, dark blue, 302 clev, auto ,mags, zl front end. i didnt have my p's yet. i was at work this drunk hit dad in the rear end, we had a tralier load of wood and brothers motorbike on.. It was a 70 zone dad was pulling into our driveway he hit Dad broke the draw bar on th tralier firewood went flying, pushed all my backend in wood went on the roof.M brothers bike ended up meters down the road.. God i want to kill him everytime i see him. His car was a wipe off typical commodore. Dad drove my fairlane home. I didnt even get a chance to drive in on my p's.. It was my pride and joy.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...eandjassvl.jpg
RachsEa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #58
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

I actually had a HT Monaro about 10 years ago.... bought it off a guy who had sanded it back, and ripped out the 6cyl red motor. It wasnt a GTS, but I managed to get a GTS bonet, guards, and dash.

Paid $800, ,

after looking at it and deciding I was too lazy sold it 3 weeks later for $3000.

Should have kept it, even if I done nothing to it, , but in your early 20's $3000 is to good to pass up !

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2007, 12:15 PM   #59
v8ltd
351 cubic inches of FURY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
Some of the more recent ones:
This one has been retired,but with good cause.The running gear will be transplanted to an xe ghia v8 that I have to have some fun with.It has an svo 351 and koni adjustable's to donate to the cause.I like the car,but I like the xe more.

Sorry for being off-topic but I would love to know what size/offset those Convo Pros are on your Fairlane, I want to get a similar set for my FD.
Damn she looks tough!!
v8ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #60
AustinA40
Tourer

Default AustinA40

My 1952 Austin A40, 1970 Ford Futura T-Bar Auto and 1987 S Pak Ford Wagon, injected engine 5 speed floor shift.
AustinA40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post