Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #31
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArulz
How do your cars handle the heat, do you use aftermarket parts or stock?
What are the P-plater laws, is there a speed limit for them?
Don't quite know about the speed limits for P Platers.
My BA Ute did it fine, same with my XH, not a drama with temperature.
I haven't had a car get hot up there on me yet. Not even in Darwin... Humidity Central :P

Cheers

Darran
Old 02-11-2006, 06:26 PM   #32
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArulz
How do your cars handle the heat, do you use aftermarket parts or stock?
What are the P-plater laws, is there a speed limit for them?
L and P platers are limited to 110. The only after market stuff that goes into my BF XR8 is top quality diff oil. High temps and high speeds play havoc with diffs up here. Otherwise, everything is fine.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:28 PM   #33
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
L and P platers are limited to 110.
I didn't realise that! I had my P's transferred from QLD to NT, and I didn't have a clue what the rules were. Didn't display a P plate either.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And now the good news (sort of).

For the first time EVER there will be a 130km/h limit.
Maybe this will filter down to rural QLD, NSW & SA....VIC (yeh right)
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #35
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

you can still sit on 160 if you want after the laws come in.. i can't see the cops goin miles inbetween towns and trying to get you.. or will they :P

i looked at your video outbacjack and thats about the same as some of nsw highway was on the newell... your video scared me ... lol. though i'm all for speed, that lady is a rat!! you should set up a petition against her introducing **** ever again
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #36
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

here it is in a nut shell.

http://www.saferoaduse.nt.gov.au/changesataglance.html

Notice that she is still too soft on drunk drivers.
Lots of people dont realise that if you are caught with a BAC of 0.08 or lower, it is just a fine...... Correct me if I am wrong, I havent slept in 36 odd hours now, but all she has done is increase the fine?? What BS. It should be automatic cancelation. It is drunks that are the root cause of the road toll up here, not highway speeds.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #37
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, I havent slept in 36 odd hours now
Doesnt matter mate, no government in the country does anything about fatigued drivers. Lol.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:58 PM   #38
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe Road Use Website
When you are on a Territory road, you are eight times more likely to share it with a driver who is over the legal alcohol limit than if you were in Victoria.
At least 48% of fatal crashes in the NT are alcohol related.
Thats a fair percentage!
Old 02-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #39
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Doesnt matter mate, no government in the country does anything about fatigued drivers. Lol.
But I'm not driving....... And have no plans to. But I know what you are saying.

One other important point that Chairman Clare has missed. It is still legal for a top heavy rented troopy to trundle down the hiway at 130. Just goes to show how she really hasn't thought this thing through.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #40
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran

Thats a fair percentage!
At the risk of saying something outside of the forum's guidelines, is there a certain sector of the NT community that is over represented within the drink driving statistics?
Old 02-11-2006, 07:18 PM   #41
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
At the risk of saying something outside of the forum's guidelines, is there a certain sector of the NT community that is over represented within the drink driving statistics?
A very loud YES..... But I can't tell you who it is. Also notice that now it is one person per seat belt...... I have counted 11 people get out of a EA falcon..... I've seen 23 people travel in a ute...... can you see now how these speed limits are going to turn the world around. Why isn't there a little picture for sarcasm......???
Old 02-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #42
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
And now the good news (sort of).

For the first time EVER there will be a 130km/h limit.
Maybe this will filter down to rural QLD, NSW & SA....VIC (yeh right)

Sorry dude, you guys haven't got a hope.......
Old 02-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #43
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Remember the next election. I'll post more on this later.

Watch the ABC 7:30 report those of you outside NSW.

Quote:
EF Futura wrote: At the risk of saying something outside of the forum's guidelines, is there a certain sector of the NT community that is over represented within the drink driving statistics?
Yes, aboriginal persons. Don't mess words, a facts a fact, even if it is an appalling one.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #44
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Next they will have 50km hr streets as we all do......

FFS idiot pedestrian council needs to be shot, and if people do stupid things, they do, why do we have to reep someone' else idiocy?

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #45
XA5800
I'd rather be blown

Default Politicians what the

Mate I feel for anyone that has to drive hugh distances & 110 KPH.

Driving in the Northern Parts of WA @110 kph I Just Dangerous, you get so bored, your mind drifts & next minute you are heading of the Road.

Only some pencil pusher from the city could ever thing 110 kph in out back Australia is a good thing. :togo:

Has she ever been outside the city. :

The Problem with most PolitIcians , they are too full of there own importance & try & bring in Legislation that will get them media coverage. They make the figures suit there agenda.

Not whats best for the people. :

Pity it's already been passed I think a good PR campaign could have worked wonders, someone should have got some Big Mining company to foot the bill & pushed the Pollies in the other direction.

After all its about power & at the Moment it would seem she has it.

But start the ball rolling now, It can always be reversed.
XA5800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 09:43 PM   #46
xrbossute

Quote:
She did it. Chairman Martin will be responsible for fatigue and wildlife strike deaths. She will have blood on her hands. Checking around town, people are furiuos about this. There is every chance that she has commited political suicide...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-17001,00.html

To all those interested in exploring the Territory, you may as well go somewhere else. Too much of your valuable holiday time will be wasted on the highways, even at 130!!!
What a crock.Just for your info.Did some work in the Arunga Pitjantjara homelands a couple of years back.We were followed by an SA police V8 Landcruiser over the NT border.SA police L/C cranked up to est.160 kph en route to Kulgera.To be fair he was quite a bit over 110 in SA.Even the cops can't see the sense in suburban speed limits out in the scrub.What a crock.
xrbossute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #47
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Clare martin was just on the news here in the NT sproughting how even the 130k may not last. You watch, if she wins the next election, the first thing she will do is bring a blanket 110. Harold Scruby will have a party then wont he. I wonder if he has ever been to the Territory?? I should contact him and advise him to stay away. It's not safe up here for buffoons like him.

These laws will be brought in by June 07. Thats about 12 months out from the next election. The CLP have officially pledged to bring back the (//) rules. Makes it easy for me to work out who I will vote for.

Strnage how she makes us all slow down, and yet, I can go hop into my boat, get totally smashed off my face drunk, and legally skipper that boat anywhere in Territory waters. I'm confused.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #48
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehoon
Next they will have 50km hr streets as we all do......

FFS idiot pedestrian council needs to be shot, and if people do stupid things, they do, why do we have to reep someone' else idiocy?
I have no problem with a 50km/h built-up area default, again, remember this particular default is to cater for 'residential' streets, not primary better quality throughfares surrounding them, that is main roads within the built-up areas generally. Its a balance.

NT legislation allows for 50km/h as a built-up area default to be applied on a Council basis at transport regulation 77.

Its about 'balance', for the NT Australian Labour Party to impose a 130km/h speed limit after 01/07, on its key highways AND to remove the (//) for the rest, is a political knee-jerk reaction, but one that was intended a long time ago.

They did that, when they should have a long time ago instead targetted the issue of repeat offenders, alcohol and drug abuse, red light runners, the low monetary levels of fines and a MISERABLE driver handbook!

They DID NOT need to impose a speed limit of 130km/h on NT's key highways, a rural default? Sure, but one mirroring the national 100km/h or less to cater for those low grade tracks only.

This christmas will be the last under derestriction. It is a mistake to even think a 130km/h speed limit will be safer than (//), all it will do is create a greater number of vehicle trains, albiet at 130km/h!!

ONLY (//) implementation allows the state to DIVORCE traffic, not bank it up in a 'marriage'.

IT WILL, over the long term create in NT drivers "speed-limit conditioning", it removes from the human being his or her sensory perception. In effect, when under a (//) allowance, a driver is given NO 'limit' to adhere, however, under a speed-limit he or she will stay at or close to it - when at a critical time they should be much slower. I can't believe in that environment just how utterly incompetent these domestic 'experts' are.

Watch and see, year or three out, that via the media as the 'means':- when attending a serious-crash in a 130km/h zone, that the NEXT RESPONSE BY THAT GOVERNMENT WILL BE TO DEMAND A LOWERING OF THE 130KM/H LIMIT; "BECAUSE OF SPEED", then it will be 110km/h on highways, AND an increase in the new but 'still comparatively low', fine levels, and a call for speed cameras.

NT MUST in the meantime REMOVE ALL (//) signs WITHOUT exception.

I have also had one media release from a sitting NT Independent, a good and proper call and I hope she worlks with the NT oppositon in the time ahead.

Outback Jack - What are the TALKBACK numbers in NT and which networks??
Quote:
These laws will be brought in by June 07. Thats about 12 months out from the next election. The CLP have officially pledged to bring back the (//) rules. Makes it easy for me to work out who I will vote for.
Well Jack sir, make the effort, get involved and offer to hand out how to vote cards on the day I say.

Quote:
Has she ever been outside the city?
Clare Martin says she typically does 130km/h.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf

Last edited by Keepleft; 02-11-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #49
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

I think its crap they drop the limit, but at the same time, now they are asking EVERYONE to do 130...... sometimes thats not all that posible, whereas before everyone could go their own speed... its goin to be worse now, las time i was on that high way the car i was in couldnt do a k over 110...downhill....
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #50
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co8ra
I think its crap they drop the limit, but at the same time, now they are asking EVERYONE to do 130...... sometimes thats not all that posible, whereas before everyone could go their own speed... its goin to be worse now, las time i was on that high way the car i was in couldnt do a k over 110...downhill....
AND THAT dear people is what I mean by "SPEED LIMIT CONDITIONING"!!!

Absolutely amazing. Sweet Jesus Christ almighty, how dangerous are these insane lunatics?? Enjoy passing those poor bloody road trains.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #51
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
I have no problem with a 50km/h built-up area default, again, remember this particular default is to cater for 'residential' streets, not primary better quality throughfares surrounding them, that is main roads within the built-up areas generally. Its a balance.
Disagree, as it makes every idiot slow down in 80 zones and hold up traffic. before 40 and 50 zones, out my way everyone did 80-90 and we all motored aling, now people hold up traffic as they are too unsure of the speed limit!!!

no matter haw fast, some idiot or kid (sadly) or some animal will step infront of a car, its inevitability....

I am waiting for them to make us all walk in residential areas......

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #52
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Talk Back numbers are....

1300 019 783 ABC talk back Alice Springs

1300 057 222 ABC talk back Darwin

we also get John Laws every morning between 9:00am and Midday. But it is a 1/2 hour delayed broadcast. And I doubt he is interested.

There is a poll happening on the ABC web site asking if people agree with the news speed laws. So far - 68% against - and 32% for.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #53
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

[QUOTE=Keepleft]
Well Jack sir, make the effort, get involved and offer to hand out how to vote cards on the day I say.
QUOTE]

I fully intend to. I have already joined the CLP. The problem up here is that from Katherine south, it is CLP country, from the north of Katherine it is all ALP. It is a sad thing that such a small area runs the state. But they have the higher population. But hopefully Clare has also trod on their toes as well. And if you look at the condition of the Territory from Katherine south, you can see where Clare doen't invest. She looks after her own and nobody else.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:26 PM   #54
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Bluehoon wrote: Disagree, as it makes every idiot slow down in 80 zones and hold up traffic. before 40 and 50 zones, out my way everyone did 80-90 and we all motored aling, now people hold up traffic as they are too unsure of the speed limit!!!
If you are saying you do 80-90km/h out the front of residential homes in Darwin then even I'd fine your for that.

You must remember, it is a DEFAULT, that means in practice under Australian Standards and the state or territory adoption of them, that HIGHER SIGNPOSTED speed limits can apply on particular roads. THAT my friend should work. NAG the particular authority responsible for the particular street to raise the limit ON-IT, but the built-up area DEFAULT should be left alone.

The default speed limits apply for TWO areas; those areas are clearly defined in the DICTIONARY of the Australian Road Rules and are imparted in each jurisdictions driver handbook, all those people need do is read the driver manual and it will be clear.

When in doubt only one of two default limits will apply on the road; either rural or not.

That people do not understand DEFAULTS is NOT a fault of the rule, but the driver, the driver IS personally responsible to keep up to date with the rules, that is the law.

Quote:
No matter haw fast, some idiot or kid (sadly) or some animal will step infront of a car, its inevitability....
Happens all the time I can tell you, NSW and VIC have just had three serious over the last few hours, and a few more to boot. Nothing unsusal.

Quote:
I am waiting for them to make us all walk in residential areas......
www.walk.com.au

Support your opposition next time. But do expect it to only be re-introduced ONLY on PARTICULAR HIGHWAYS, not on that side dirt road/track.

Jack, appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #55
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Chairman Martin has just committed political suicide...I never did like her snivelling gnome that she is.

By the way I have just resigned from the Labour party!!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #56
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Chairman Martin has just committed political suicide...I never did like her snivelling gnome that she is.

I know such things aren't easy to realise, but really on some issues you just have to take a personal stand. I guess that though your in QLD its your protest action and is legitimate.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #57
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO

I know how you fell big fella. I will not vote labour here in the NT ever again, but will also never vote liberal federally. I dont know how long it has been since you were last here in the Alice, but Clare has turned it into a slum. Fran Killgarith has helped as well. We are expecting between 5000 and 7000 intinerants to drift into the Alice over the next 12 months due to ALP policy. I has already started, hence to new shanty towns they are setting up. You can imagine the Tod mall now......

Did you guys see the 7:30 report to nite. Did you see the guy in his monaro cruising down the road at 200 with a tele crew on board. They has a chase chopper. It did not look in the slightest bit dangerous.
You are typical of the back lash that Clare is going to face.... as am I.

Time to get motivated to see the **** end of Clare.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #58
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
I know such things aren't easy to realise, but really on some issues you just have to take a personal stand. I guess that though your in QLD its your protest action and is legitimate.

Keepleft I lived in the N.T. for sixteen years as I have posted before the CLP found a way around the Feds .05 laws and won..i.e. .05 to .08 a one hundred dollar on the spot fine and they still got their national road funding.

I'm still waiting to get in contact with the CLP leader Jodeen Carney..whom I know personally..it seems she is very busy.

Now to reiterate my previous posts I will still do my 180/220 the N.T. Police force does not have the resources to patrol and get all who speed now..since the intro of the new rules.

My prediction the ALP will lose the next election and the CLP will have power for the next twenty years.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 03-11-2006, 12:32 AM   #59
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I know how you fell big fella. I will not vote labour here in the NT ever again, but will also never vote liberal federally. I dont know how long it has been since you were last here in the Alice, but Clare has turned it into a slum. Fran Killgarith has helped as well. We are expecting between 5000 and 7000 intinerants to drift into the Alice over the next 12 months due to ALP policy. I has already started, hence to new shanty towns they are setting up. You can imagine the Tod mall now......

Did you guys see the 7:30 report to nite. Did you see the guy in his monaro cruising down the road at 200 with a tele crew on board. They has a chase chopper. It did not look in the slightest bit dangerous.
You are typical of the back lash that Clare is going to face.... as am I.

Time to get motivated to see the **** end of Clare.
I wil persist and get to talk to Jodeen.

Brian left in 2003 came back for a visit in 2004 and even then was seeing strange things.

Must add was one of the reasons we left in 2003 we saw what was going to happen.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 03-11-2006, 12:50 AM   #60
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
I wil persist and get to talk to Jodeen.

Brian left in 2003 came back for a visit in 2004 and even then was seeing strange things.

Must add was one of the reasons we left in 2003 we saw what was going to happen.
We have met Jodeen twice now. She really is a "you get what you see" type of person. She has gone on record and said that any future CLP government will scrap the 130 and re introduce the good old (//). She prefers a 110 zone being introduced into proven black spots. Usually a few k's around places like Aileron and ti tree and the likes. This is where the accidents are focussed, booze and indiginous mixed areas. I think that this is reasonable, I already slow down around these area's because of drunk drivers.

There is still a candle on the horizon.