Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #31
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NUCKINFUTS at SummerNats

watched em a few times before passing comment. 1stly that ****** who kicked the car and manhandled the driver needs serious attitude training. Come kick my car n I will bury you. 2ndly that was naughty of you to disobey the marshalls but I have been there and adrenaline flows hard on the pad. 3rdly I would have been in the bull**** callers for sure.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #32
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

it is a blatant lack of respect for authority - and yet, so many idiots think he was right
from the video, he was told to stop, and yet he didn't. the kick to the car and the man handling was deserved
Old 09-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #33
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71XY
why would you say that it was just an all round mess both parties could have handled it better
The reason I say you are biased is because you refer to "we" which gives the impression that you are his mate and/or on his team.

So again, I reiterate, that you are clearly biased.

Four guys standing in front of your car emphatically telling you to stop or not proceed is not really that hard to comprehend.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:26 PM   #34
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Just another nail in the coffin for this event.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #35
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

A fire marshal should have let the extinguisher go down the bug catcher!

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 09-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #36
71XY
Low and Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
The reason I say you are biased is because you refer to "we" which gives the impression that you are his mate and/or on his team.

So again, I reiterate, that you are clearly biased.

Four guys standing in front of your car emphatically telling you to stop or not proceed is not really that hard to comprehend.
i got that off another site sorry i dont know the guy or his team just seems that alot of these events are turning to **** thinking about it now yea he's in the wrong but think about it hes al worked up and focusing on doing a crazy burnout and some one tells you to get the *** off the strip now as the first thing you hear that would make you more worked up and as for the guy that man handled him and kicked his car they should have let them go at it wat happened to the old days when you could have a fist fight with someone and and hour later be having a beer with each other ???
Old 09-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #37
Majestic

I guess he got his 15mins of fame
Old 09-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #38
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
A fire marshal should have let the extinguisher go down the bug catcher!
not saying what the guy did was right but how would you like it if someone did that to your car, and it stuffed the motor? two wrongs don't make a right and all that!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #39
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Yep. Bit like an X factor winner. His 15mins will soon be over and everyone will forget about it, until next years Summernats where it will be mentioned again.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #40
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic
I guess he got his 15mins of fame
And a life ban from the summernats...

Clever boy...

Perhaps in future he'll take heed of instructions...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 09-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #41
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
not saying what the guy did was right but how would you like it if someone did that to your car, and it stuffed the motor? two wrongs don't make a right and all that!
I would have more repsect for authority than what was shown in that vid, what if someone had been injured?

if you can't play by the rules, don't play the game!

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 09-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #42
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice skid...
Old 09-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #43
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

like it or not ,he WILL go down as a summernats legend,i think it was great entertainment,good on him for having a go and standin up for what he thought was right ,security was lucky ,that crowd can get out of hand real easy .+1 for loved it
Old 09-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #44
Sprint347
Tickford

Hopefully he will be banned from competing again. The organisers need to send a clear message to competitors/staff/public/the media that ignoring safety staff in that way is totally unacceptable.

There is a duty of care to all attending the venue, and I have no doubt that arranging public liability insurance was no mean feat. Incidents like this and failing to act on them will threaten the future of the event.
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Old 09-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #45
JG65TE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and now i am stuck at youtube watchin all the vids from the nats, thanks for that. some rough girls in miss summer snatchs this year...........
Old 09-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #46
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint347
Hopefully he will be banned from competing again. The organisers need to send a clear message to competitors/staff/public/the media that ignoring safety staff in that way is totally unacceptable.

There is a duty of care to all attending the venue, and I have no doubt that arranging public liability insurance was no mean feat. Incidents like this and failing to act on them will threaten the future of the event.
Quoted for the truth.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #47
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Have to agree, guy got what he deserved, nice skid but the car was a heap o ****.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #48
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

If you don't play by the rules you get the boot, he deserves a ban.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #49
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint347

dont get your panties too twisted about it ,been alot worse than this happen at the summernats over the years,summernats will live on for ever .
Old 10-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #50
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Wicked skid, really enjoyed it, he won in my books
Old 10-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #51
The Monty
Just slidin'

Reading the posts in this thread CONDONING what he done, its no wonder I didnt post here for so long, based on the quality of fellow forum goers. Certainly has changed from when I first joined up.
The guy was told NOT to go onto the burnout pad, yet he pushed his way through with his car. Ban him.

Its no wonder we see so much crap on the news with people discrespecting the law, considering what you see from some of these people being GLORIFIED by keyboard warriors around the world.

Gold Coast last week, man doing burnout in a carpark, cop told him to stop, tries to run down cop and make a getaway.

Couple of weeks before was the pair who were battoned for ripping skids in front of a cop shop, and we all said they deserved a kick up the butt, but battons was obviously too far.

We ALL said how stupid they were, but when its at FULLY SICK Summernats, all of a sudden the rules change, because sits a sick event?

This guy is no different to what we have been seeing on the news. Someone who wants to disobey authority as much as they can, and push other people to the limit for HIS enjoyment.

And AFF, if I were the mods/owners of this site, I would be highly embarassed about what has been written by some of the people on here. This forum used to be about helping each other, respect, car cruises, and legal fun, Nowadays it just seems it has all gone out the window for dissing each other, crapfights, flaming, and trolls on holidays.
Needs a good clean up if you ask me, and if this post is so far out of sorts, start with me first please.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #52
Sprint347
Tickford

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR2DOOR
dont get your panties too twisted about it ,been alot worse than this happen at the summernats over the years,summernats will live on for ever .
What if the line lock failed and he drove over one of the event staff?

If you truly think that an event like this is completely safe with all of the attention the car scene is currently getting you're delusional.

I'm no angel but I know when to obey people who are only trying to keep others safe. I love skids but seeing things like this make me cringe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M1jvnH20U0
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi

Last edited by Sprint347; 10-01-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #53
homegrown
hotshot

I think Steve acted like a @#$% but whats the deal with these officials. I totally agree with SPRINT 347 but standing in front of the car like that was pretty stupid. Let him have his 5 minutes do his burnout then deal with him after. Then kick him out. Im sure they would get baffoons like that all the time. Definately could have handled it better.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #54
Pub247
Resident F1 Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Reading the posts in this thread CONDONING what he done, its no wonder I didnt post here for so long, based on the quality of fellow forum goers. Certainly has changed from when I first joined up.

And AFF, if I were the mods/owners of this site, I would be highly embarassed about what has been written by some of the people on here. This forum used to be about helping each other, respect, car cruises, and legal fun, Nowadays it just seems it has all gone out the window for dissing each other, crapfights, flaming, and trolls on holidays.
Needs a good clean up if you ask me, and if this post is so far out of sorts, start with me first please.
Ah come on cant we have a joke occasionally. No need to be so serious all the time it things like that and and people getting on their high horse that ruin forums aswell. Razzing up a few people is the aussie way if you never hung **** on your mates before then you must not have any
Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #55
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub247
Ah come on cant we have a joke occasionally. No need to be so serious all the time it things like and and people getting on their high horse that ruin forums aswell. Razzing up a few people is the aussie way if you never hung **** on your mates before then you must not have any

Quote:

And there you have it.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #56
XR2DOOR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown
I think Steve acted like a @#$% but whats the deal with these officials. I totally agree with SPRINT 347 but standing in front of the car like that was pretty stupid. Let him have his 5 minutes do his burnout then deal with him after. Then kick him out. Im sure they would get baffoons like that all the time. Definately could have handled it better.
this would of been the correct way of handling it,in my opinion security made the situation dangerous and it would of been there own stupid fault if they got hurt ,
Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #57
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Guys, let's keep discussions on this civil eh.
ANY venue, ANY event, ANY gathering of people, means you are going to have rules / regulations / Terms and Conditions of some type.
Break the rules, or refuse to listen to instructions from the event organisers, and there will be consequences. You may not like the decisions, but most times, you agree to be bound by them BEFORE any potential problem happens.
Let us not fall into the trap of sending this thread to oblivion arguing about the rights / wrongs of what happened at Summernats. If people want to goextremist, then unfurtunately this thread will fall victim to AFF T & C (ie - lets keep the discussions civil, without insult / personal attacks.)
The organisers have a lot of responsibility, and the potential for loss of life, or major injury would be very much in the forefront of their minds. Acts like those that have happened at this years event, along with those from previous years, could well spell the end of summernats driving events, as we currently know them.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #58
Falconxf88

Australia glorifies people who bend the rules. Look at Ned Kelly. It's the way Australians are. He's a rebel. People enjoy seeing that. Who cares if it's right or wrong, it made for a good show.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #59
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The guy was told NOT to go onto the burnout pad, yet he pushed his way through with his car. Ban him.

Its no wonder we see so much crap on the news with people discrespecting the law, considering what you see from some of these people being GLORIFIED by keyboard warriors around the world.

Gold Coast last week, man doing burnout in a carpark, cop told him to stop, tries to run down cop and make a getaway.

Couple of weeks before was the pair who were battoned for ripping skids in front of a cop shop, and we all said they deserved a kick up the butt, but battons was obviously too far.

We ALL said how stupid they were, but when its at FULLY SICK Summernats, all of a sudden the rules change, because sits a sick event?

This guy is no different to what we have been seeing on the news. Someone who wants to disobey authority as much as they can, and push other people to the limit for HIS enjoyment.

Clap.. clap.. reeeelax its da internerd dude.....
Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #60
THE D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is what he wrote on Facebook

Steve Nogas

Once again I would like to apologize for my actions on Sunday. It was completely out of character the way I conducted myself, all the talk of disrupting and retaliating at Summernats 26 should not even be considered. Summernats should always be remembered for the great cars and people that both attend and contribute to the event. I have spoken to Summernats today and hopefully we can come to a resolution to lift my life ban and allow me to skid there next year in Killa-B.
Closed Thread