Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #31
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The law is the law... unless you have a good story

The thing with the case is that the emergency was not described in the original report. Who knows what it was. It could have been a simple car accident to the woman trying to take her own life. We have no idea of the facts.

But IMO for the magistrate to not take her licence, there would have been some evidence shown why she should keep her licence.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #32
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I was under the impression that modern emergency response vehicles contained as much life saving equipment as a hospital emergency room.
Wouldnt it be just as quick for an ambulance to reach the injured person as it would take to render first aid, load them into a car and drive them drunk to help?

We had an incident here in SA 20 years ago where a pregnant woman began heamoraging whilst at a party one night.
Someone decided it was better to drive her the 5 kms to the Lyell Mcewen hospital than ring an ambulance.
Im the haste the drunk driver lost control of the vehicle rounding the bend just before the GMH plant at Elizabeth.
The car slammed sideways into the first gum tree, no one survived.

Having said that, driving with a few under your belt isnt necessarily the problem, its how you conduct yourself under those circumstances.

There are many factors to consider when talking about the level of intoxication, 3 drinks to one individual may render them unable to undertake even the simplest of tasks, another person can drink a six pack or more and feel completely in control.
The problem is, unless you have a personal breathaliser, how do you know when you reach .05
Old 07-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #33
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris View Post
Oh F F S , It's someone who has blown over 4 times the limit and has walked away with her licence ( to kill ) intact .

I'm not defending the fact someone was a ****ed as she was.....Personally I hate drunk drivers....stems from my brother being hit by one nearly 40 years ago and has slight brain damage as a result..(he nearly died at the scene)....
That ***** only copped a $500 fine, lost his licence for 6 months....However, seeing he wasn't an Aussie, he racked off out the country and paid SFA and didn't loose his licence to kill either...

So jump off you're high horse and stop thinking I'm defending a **** pot.

All I'm saying is, the journalist hasn't put up the full story as to what went on in the court room for the magistrate to come to the judgement he did. He has only picked out a little bit and ran with it. (in typical journalistic style)

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 07-12-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #34
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Obviously the woman didn't (or couldn't) think of getting a cab!
She thought about it, then realised she had her own car and its cheaper, after all she works for an accountant.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #35
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter View Post
I'm not defending the fact someone was a ****ed as she was.....Personally I hate drunk drivers....stems from my brother being hit by one nearly 40 years ago and has slight brain damage as a result..(he nearly died at the scene)....
That ***** only copped a $500 fine, lost his licence for 6 months....However, seeing he wasn't an Aussie, he racked off out the country and paid SFA and didn't loose his licence to kill either...

So jump off you're high horse and stop thinking I'm defending a **** pot.

All I'm saying is, the journalist hasn't put up the full story as to what went on in the court room for the magistrate to come to the judgement he did. He has only picked out a little bit and ran with it. (in typical journalistic style)
No high horse at all , if she had blown .055 maybe a different matter . have you ever seen someone , anyone let alone a woman of small stature at 4 times the limit ? It would be a miracle if they could walk .
Old 08-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #36
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris View Post
No high horse at all , if she had blown .055 maybe a different matter . have you ever seen someone , anyone let alone a woman of small stature at 4 times the limit ? It would be a miracle if they could walk .
Whether or not I have seen someone this drunk or not has no bearing here....My point is, the journalist hasn't commented fully on what the magistrate would have said when handing down his decision not to cancel her licence. All the journalist has said is, she was 4 times over the limit and didn't loose her licence...That's it.

In typical journalistic style, they only focus on the particular point that'd make the story and tug at peoples heart strings...

I don't agree with the magistrates decision, but there is bugger all anyone here can do about it. Except maybe petition the Gov't to review the case and take it back for a grossely insufficient sentence.

So here's my thoughts....People on here that don't like the sentence that live in the state and have commented on here.....Write to you're local member, or the attorney general of that state and whinge about how pathetic the sentence was and try get them to take it back to the courts to have here licence suspended....Then come on here and say they did it.....Be interesting to see how many people actually do it.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 08-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #37
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder what the magistrates decision would have been if she had killed a child on the way to rescue her friend ....
3 users like this post:
Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #38
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Obviously, a totally different sentence. Probably jail.
But that didn't happen, or the reporter would have put THAT in the story.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #39
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok I think this one has gone far enough.
Closed Thread