Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #31
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Police boost speed gun numbers for 2013 in reponse to Queensland road roll

Meh. Don't break the law and you won't get booked. It's pretty simple. The way I see it, regardless of their true purpose, speed cameras aren't gonna go away any time soon, so I try to avoid giving them my hard earned.
Old 29-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #32
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Default Re: Police boost speed gun numbers for 2013 in reponse to Queensland road roll

Hasn't it been proven numerous times that speeding is only a tiny factor in the overall death toll on the roads? I guess though anti-speeding/hooning is a good way of getting peoples attention.

Though it has to be said fighting the road toll is a losing battle simply due to population growth. There's more people on the roads every day, more cars on the road every day, it simply stands to reason that there will be more accidents. Especially when modern cars have so many gadgets to distract people and we're constantly looking at the speedo and looking out for camera's.
Old 29-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #33
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think people need to read more, these are not mobile speed cameras they are mobile radar guns that an officer uses and then pulls up the car, so it will mean more police on the road doing their job.

People get over paranoid about a few kays over I have never been done for just a few kays over, as a matter of fact I was driving on country roads yesterday, and I must have drifted just over the limit cruising along listening to tunes and looking out for roos.

Fist thing I notice is a red Highway Patrol car flashing it's lights at me, I immediately look at my speedo and I am just shy of 110 in a 100 zone, I take my foot of the accelerator and as the highway guy drives past he just shakes his finger at me to slow down, I nod and comply and we both continued on our way.

I think if you are doing the right thing and don't be a dick you will be fine, and I have never been booked and not been speeding, so if you break the law and you get done guess what, man up and don't complain about the cop doing his job, but may be reconsider your driving style. It is so damn simple I am not really sure why there is a thread about this every other week.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time (or pay the fine), you know the rules, your choic to donate to the states coffers, no one else controls your right foot but you

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #34
bingoTE50
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
So what you are saying is that you purposely interfere with the flow of traffic endangering other road users because you believe you are the most important road user and all others should drive the way you think is correct.

[I]Ahh did not say this . I said if you get caught behind me doing the speed limit, and I upset you ,tough luck,don't bother flashing me or tailgating me ,it will not matter.[/I]

With that attitude I can understand why you may have thought someone was aiming a pistol at you......
You are kidding me , surely.

Wrong Flappy and way off the mark this time .

I was doing the right thing by my fellow motorists ,caught in a line of traffic trying to get across to the left lane to let the morning speed merchants go , but pinged by a hand held doing 112 in 100 zone . You could see the shadow of the vehicles near me, front and back in my lovely picture.
From the day I got the fine , I have now resorted to the cruise control religiously ,this is what the Gov wants . If I set it on 100 , I am probably doing 98 , ohh well .
This user likes this post:
Old 30-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #35
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Wow - yet ANOTHER thread about the rights or wrongs of speeding that has sped off the blackstuff & into an oncoming tree that popped up out of nowhere.

Who woulda thought???

Once again - we are well & truely done here...
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread