Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-03-2016, 11:29 PM   #31
chrisandsharon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Drink driver: Woman blew nine times over limit at accident scene

Crush what's left of the car, 2 years jail and ban her from ever holding a licence again......if she drives again she goes back inside for 5.........jails full?.......send em to a remote joint on the other side of the world to help out a humanitarian cause till their sentence is up. No respect for anyone's life, absolute scummy.

.......and wait for it......just like a bad Danoz direct 3am advert.......'but wait - I have an excuse'

-I was abused
-My parents were alcoholics
-I lost my dad/mum
Etc etc etc garbage

.......yep and the scum alco could have driven through a group of school kids or killed you or I. Drink drivers.....all the same....'I'll never get caught', 'I'll be right'...
chrisandsharon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-03-2016, 06:07 AM   #32
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to be lynched for this. But I think it's the wrong thing to go too heavy on the punishment. She obviously has an alcohol problem and needs help.

I think someone who blows slightly over is worse because they know exactly what they are doing but decide to take a chance anyway of not getting caught. Someone 9 times over I doubt their brain was hardly functioning.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2016, 10:51 AM   #33
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting story.

Says she was passed out in the car taken to hospital placed in a coma, yet blew 0.48 at the scene.

Do people usually blow into breathalyzers when unconscious?

Something strange going on and I think there's more to it.

Like when cops found a ****ed woman sleeping in the car then released a statement saying they don't understand how she was able to operate a car so intoxicated....umm she was sleeping!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-03-2016, 11:29 AM   #34
Peterwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
I'm going to be lynched for this. But I think it's the wrong thing to go too heavy on the punishment. She obviously has an alcohol problem and needs help.

I think someone who blows slightly over is worse because they know exactly what they are doing but decide to take a chance anyway of not getting caught. Someone 9 times over I doubt their brain was hardly functioning.

Just a thought, will self driving cars that look like becoming main stream in the future allow people in this state to commute safely ??

They wont be driving !

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto
Peterwl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #35
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post

I don't think the family of the person she may have killed would care too much about her problems. What if she killed one of your family members?? Would you feel the same way??

If she has an alcohol problem she should not be driving, people need to take responsibility for themselves and their own actions and in actions.

I am sick and tired of hearing excuses, it starts in schools these days, no teacher is allowed to say anything negative to students any more as it might hurt their feelings. All school reports have to be good, we are no longer allowed to tell people that they can't do something. Nothing is anyones fault any more.

People drive drunk and we need to help them as they have a problem, drug addicts, poor buggers not their fault, burglars, sorry that others have more than you, may be we need to give them more stuff so they don't have to steal, gets done for speeding, it's the police's fault, they should be out catching real criminals, someone kills someone while speeding, it's also the police's fault for not stopping them, police go to stop someone and they speed off instead and kill someone..guess what again the polices fault for trying to stop them, they don't stop them and something happens, police fault as they are being lazy not stopping drink drivers/speeders etc etc etc

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #36
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Interesting story.

Says she was passed out in the car taken to hospital placed in a coma, yet blew 0.48 at the scene.

Do people usually blow into breathalyzers when unconscious?

Something strange going on and I think there's more to it.

Like when cops found a ****ed woman sleeping in the car then released a statement saying they don't understand how she was able to operate a car so intoxicated....umm she was sleeping!
Comprehension again, you are confusing two separate and unrelated incidents that occurred in different states involving different people.

There are no breathalysers at the scene they are back at the station, police only have a basic alcometer at the scene, people that are unconscious or injured get blood tested, not breathalysed.

The woman involved in the accident (NSW incident) was breath testes at the scene (which is not a legal reading only an indication of intoxication) and then actual results were obtained via a blood test at the hospital as police can't take an injured person from an accident back to the police station for breath analysis.

The woman who was passed out ((QLD incident) presumably found passed out behind the steering wheel of her car possibly passed out after driving, not sure as I was not there and the link does not mention the circumstances) got taken back to Hospital for a blood test as well as obviously she was unable to be breath tested.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 09-03-2016, 03:06 PM   #37
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Read it again, the first story says says she blew 0.48 at the scene.

Updated story says they found her unconscious in the car and placed he in a coma. Where was she found? in the passenger seat? Was she driving? She did not blow in the breatho on the scene as the first story said she apparently did..

Next story will say she was the passenger, who knows what the truth is.

My reference to the other incident is merely to highlight that stories seem to get twisted by media and or cops to suit an agenda.

Looks like you are the one with comprehension issues.

Last edited by Stefan; 09-03-2016 at 03:17 PM.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #38
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Deleted.

Last edited by PG2; 09-03-2016 at 03:52 PM.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #39
Angeldust

these instruments require calibration, maintenance and a decent operator that's experienced. Otherwise the results are most likely garbage (ie not reproducible)

Z series Clubsport HRT edition..
e46 320ci 2.2ltr Stocko
Angeldust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #40
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
these instruments require calibration, maintenance and a decent operator that's experienced. Otherwise the results are most likely garbage (ie not reproducible)
Yes that is why the instruments used by Police are callibrated at specified intervals, and all operators are trained (not all police are trained operators).

The readings are yet to be beaten in Court, many have tried none have succeeded.

Other alternative would be a blood test, which usually gets a higher reading, as police instruments (much like police radars) will give the person a discount on their reading to allow for any possible variation.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 12-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #41
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Other alternative would be a blood test, which usually gets a higher reading, as police instruments (much like police radars) will give the person a discount on their reading to allow for any possible variation.
I grew up on a small country town and it was accepted to always take the blood test as it would take an hour or two to arrange someone from the 2 bed hospital to do it.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: