Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-11-2006, 12:50 AM   #31
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love it.. Love cruisin in a rod with the rocka/psychobilly playing, good times.

I can't pull off the whole rockabilly look though =/
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 01:01 AM   #32
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate your coupe is definately as tuff and cool as any hot rod. but i agree about full chasis cars thats why i like 70's f 100's they are the cheapest chasis ford and done right look very tuff
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 08:24 AM   #33
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Real Rods are cool .. I love 'em, but just can't bring myself to own one. My uncle has a flattie-powered A-roadster and a '51 Chev sedan (mild custom). Unfortunately I'm stuck in the Sixties, fixated on musclecars, ponycars and full-sized land barges.

If you can swing the finance, go for it! Buy that Deuce!! And if you've still got the hair go for that pompadour!!! (not sure about the tats though?)
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #34
pb02
inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutley
For the ignorant, would you mind giving us a quick explanation on what chopped, channeled, decked, nosed and shaved means.
Chopped top, cutting the pillars and sometimes sectioning the roof to drop it down a few inches. Channeling is basically dropping the body lower on the frame by cutting the floor and building a channel to allow the body to sit lower on the frame. Decked, nosed, and shaved is basically removing front and rear badges, chrome work, and door handles. Decked is the trunk, nosed is hood, and shaved is basically the sides.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 10:10 AM   #35
snortycorty

mmm I seen a pic of a 34 chev roadster a couple months ago. Since then I'm determined to have one! Turns out my partners dad has one sitting at one of his "storage" spots that needs to be done up. I cant remember if its the front or the back thats wrecked cos a tree fell on it, but the rest of the body is perfect. And apparently my partner can have it if he's going to do something with it...

I'd love to own a rod but I wouldnt go all out on clothes and tatts (i do want one though) music is great too but I just dont think I'd entirely fit in lol
snortycorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 10:25 AM   #36
BJ
Banned

As a past owner of several Hot Rod's it is something i would never do again. They are a money pit, you worry about them every time you take them some where. You will always have some diick either lean on it or brush past it with the dam dog or pram. Bj
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #37
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
As a past owner of several Hot Rod's it is something i would never do again. They are a money pit, you worry about them every time you take them some where. You will always have some diick either lean on it or brush past it with the dam dog or pram. Bj
Its the same with any nice car. Feral woman in hungry Jack's (LOL) carpark. Parks right next to me even though the rest of the spots are empty. Feral child gets out and leans against the side of my car. I call out "hey, OFF", then SHE gets all agressive and calls me RUDE! When I ask for an apology....
Hungry Jacks is full of bogans, lol. Any non-confrontational civilised conformist would have just looked the other way, but I just can't help myself when someone leans on my car...ah, but it was a child you will say, well that kid should be taught to RESPECT other people's property and she should have told him to get off.

Last edited by GXL078; 16-11-2006 at 11:34 AM.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #38
XF460

I was going to start a new post but this topic is perfect. Can anybody tell me where I can buy bullet wheel nuts and center caps? My wife and I went to John’s Rod & Kustom Picnic a couple of weeks back and have now also been drawn in by the rod scene. So instead of the shinny paint and big billet rims we had in mind for my wife’s XP ute, we are now going to try a set of black steelies with chrome bullet nuts and centre caps on whitewall tyres. Real rods like a 32 are expensive as hell, but I just put off a $4000 set of billets and a $6000 paint job for a $40 set of steelies, a cut and polish and a rear vanetian. Haha! Rodding is cheap!
XF460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #39
pb02
inconceivable!

Have you tried John's Rod and Kustoms???
I haven't been to the shop in years but he used to have all that sort of stuff.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #40
XF460

They have an online catalogue which doesn't list them but i will pick up the phone and give them a call.
XF460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #41
George1861

Try www.jalopyjournal.com Then hit the H.A.M.B. (Hokey *** Message Board)
Old 16-11-2006, 08:56 PM   #42
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

[QUOTE=XF460]... Can anybody tell me where I can buy bullet wheel nuts and center caps? ....QUOTE]

Your lucky day. I just stumbled onto this on ebay;
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RAT-ROD-HOT-R...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 26-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #43
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I just stumbled accross this one http://rockabillyaustralia.forummotion.com/forum.htm

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #44
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

And the thread mining award for this week goes to.............
Old 26-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #45
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was a mine yes I found the site and thought the person who started it might be interested if ive offented any one :

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post