Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #31
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What is it with people selling cars?

When I sell I don't always have the actual roady in my hand but the car has always been inspected and what ever needs fixing is done so the car is in roadworthy condition.

It's then just a matter of getting the mechanic to actually write it up. This only happens with more expensive cars.

I find most buyers will carry a few grand around with them if purchasing a cheaper car,so those RWCs are always on hand - pass over the money and drive away
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #32
prydey
Rob

seems like there is at least one advantage (for the time being) to living in south australia. no RWC's.

no doubt they'll bring them in, as soon as we get electricity and running water...
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
seems like there is at least one advantage (for the time being) to living in south australia. no RWC's.

no doubt they'll bring them in, as soon as we get electricity and running water...
That'll never happen here, where else would the eastern states dump their un roadworthy cars.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #34
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
When I sell I don't always have the actual roady in my hand but the car has always been inspected and what ever needs fixing is done so the car is in roadworthy condition.
So , unless im mistaken , didn't you sprout its illegal to sell a regoed car without a current in hand road worthy .....
Advertising a regoed car must have a current in hand road worthy, that's the QLD law is it not .....
Or did I miss something .....
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #35
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC View Post
So , unless im mistaken , didn't you sprout its illegal to sell a regoed car without a current in hand road worthy .....
Advertising a regoed car must have a current in hand road worthy, that's the QLD law is it not .....
Or did I miss something .....
I didn't sprout that, someone else did.
Technically it is illegal but unless someone complains or TMR do some sort of spot raids/inspections it will continue to happen. A registered car never leaves my possession without one.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #36
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Taken from the Qld Transport site:
Quote:
"If you are selling a registered vehicle, you will need to obtain and display a Queensland safety certificate from the moment you offer the vehicle for sale. The safety certificate must be displayed on a conspicuous part of the vehicle. Contact an approved inspection station to arrange an inspection. Fees for inspections are paid directly to the station. A seller's checklist is available.
If you fail to display a Queensland safety certificate on the vehicle from the moment you offer it for sale you may receive an on-the-spot fine of $550.

Note: You are required to obtain and display a safety certificate on a registered vehicle when it is being offered for sale, even if you plan on cancelling the registration when the vehicle is sold."

Now, whilst I understand the need to have a Safety Certificate when advertising a car for sale, I cannot for the life of me understand the logic of going to the expense of obtaining a Safety Certificate if you are intending to cancel the rego once the vehicle is sold. It doesn't make one bit of sense to me, unless I am missing something and one of you guys can explain it to me??

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #37
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^^ Umm,err, maybe it is so the buyer gets a roadworthy car?? QLD also dont have yearly RWC so its a chance to make up for that. I like to buy a car that is at least roadworthy.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #38
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun View Post
^^^^^ Umm,err, maybe it is so the buyer gets a roadworthy car?? QLD also dont have yearly RWC so its a chance to make up for that. I like to buy a car that is at least roadworthy.
Well, that's fine to "Umm,err" but isn't the logic behind selling a car unregistered so the responsibility falls back onto the buyer to get it Roadworthy and Registered?

PREVIOUS RIDES
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #39
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think what they are saying is if you are going to sell a car unregistered that you have to deregister it before you offer it for sale.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #40
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I think what they are saying is if you are going to sell a car unregistered that you have to deregister it before you offer it for sale.
And that makes perfect sense but it does make it very difficult for the buyer to take it for a "Test" drive??

PREVIOUS RIDES
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #41
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

forcing you to get a roadworthy when you are going to deregister the car prior to sale is nothing but gestapo tactics. if you are selling it unregistered but want to keep the car driveable to demonstrate it and park it on the street legally ( no to mention keeping it insured while you own it) that should be your right.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2013, 01:38 AM   #42
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many are avertising as selling unregistered so they can get around having to get a roady. Doesnt mean they have actually deregistered the car, bit of a grey area. Then yes it puts the onus back on the buyer and saves the seller. To me it means the seller knows there is something wrong with the car and that makes it more buyer beware than usual. We often talk about shonky used car salesmen and how its better to buy private but at least you have a come back against a dealer. But if they can see the car has probs then they will also sell as unregistered. In the adds both private and dealer you can still see the plates on the cars, if they are unregistered you have to surrender the plates. `
Old 11-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #43
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH View Post

Now, whilst I understand the need to have a Safety Certificate when advertising a car for sale, I cannot for the life of me understand the logic of going to the expense of obtaining a Safety Certificate if you are intending to cancel the rego once the vehicle is sold. It doesn't make one bit of sense to me, unless I am missing something and one of you guys can explain it to me??
Basically means ,IF the vehicle is advertised for sale in its current registered form ,it must have a safety certificate,wether on the sale day you cancel the rego or not, in its current form , from when first advertised its registered there for , must have a current in hand safety certificate

Many advertise "registered but selling unregistered ,no RWC ,safety certificate", which is what they are trying to stop, as theoreticaaly in its current advertised condition its regoed ,so must have that safety certificate,which if caught its a fineable offence
Many do however try to word adds around the law, and many also know someone who knows someone who can turn a blind eye to obtain such safety certificate purely for ownership transfer
Once the safety certifacte period runs out the cars condition,safety aspect is then solely on the owner
One bloke I know of when obtaining a safety certificate first question
"is it for you ,just a ownership transfer or you selling it "
Im sure many know of such people .....
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #44
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH View Post
And that makes perfect sense but it does make it very difficult for the buyer to take it for a "Test" drive??
Not if you have a trade plate!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #45
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNQracing View Post
Carsales translation giude:
Small shopping centre car park dents = side swiped
*dents on every single panel
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNQracing View Post
A great first car = POS
*A first time buyer won't know any better
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #46
GREGL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's the problem, no rwc means there IS something to hide. You either price it accordingly, or add $68 to your price and whatever your costs are to get it to rwc.
However if it was maintained in the first place you wouldn't be having to worry about the govt intruding on your rights to sell a s/box to a unsuspecting buyer. Which in reality is why the bloody law was brought in.
GREGL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #47
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Why is it that so many are such experts of the laws in states where they do not live and in many cases have never actually been.

In QLD you must have a current RWC before a car is advertised. That is the law.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/registrati...d-vehicle.aspx

Please note that the above URL is not wikipedia, facebook, or www .aff-i-am-a-bloody-expert-bush-lawyer-and-keyboard-warrior .com
Hmm, I have seen registered cars advertised in QLD with a disclaimer to the effect that it is not offered with registration, maybe that's a loophole or maybe they are just idiots risking a fine.

NB: In WA you can sell any ole POS provide it has an immobiliser. It's a joke.