Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #31
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
I herd a story from a friend of mine whos dad went into a dealership to by a brand new XA GT when they were relesed, but the deler had supply issues & could not get one for a while, so suggested a Brand new XY GTHO that hadn't sold yet that was still at the dealership. He insisted on having an XA cause he didnt want last years model & the rest is history.

Its probably the only time you could get a mint XY GTHO for less than an XA, unless its a phase 4!!!

Good news is the car is still in the family & currently being given a freshen up.
Pictures of said XA GT or it didnt happen! lol

Well if you cant get pics, tell us more about the XA GT :
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #32
GTP 044
Formally RED XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
To me - the future classics are the un-loved cars of today...

Now that the market is 'conditioned' to look out for cars... (anything that says Monaro, GTS, GT, V8, 351 etc) It will be the unloved cars of today (or the past 10 years) that will be classic.

Force 6 / 8
T Series Fairlane
NL Concorde
Super Pursuit Utes
Short Production Colours (ie: Congo Green GT-P)
ED Sprint

I guess only time will tell - but I know what I'll be storing away and selling in a few years... (i'll let you know when they're for sale)...
I like the sound of that Short Production Coloured car you mention becoming a classic!! : LOL!!

The only FPV ever built in CONGO GREEN

SOLD

CURRENT 2012 Manual, leather, sat nav GT 335 in SWIFT GREEN

1 of only 6 manual Swift Green GT’s and 1 of only 21 Swift Green GT’s in total
GTP 044 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 11:14 AM   #33
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 044
I like the sound of that Short Production Coloured car you mention becoming a classic!! : LOL!!
Saw it at the AFD 2010

A fine looking machine - love the colour
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #34
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 044
I thought you would... ;)
Old 07-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #35
fairBA
Banned

Link
fairBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #36
GTP 044
Formally RED XR8

gcg 2503 Thanks for the kind comments, glad you like the look of her!!

loftie Cheers mate!!

The only FPV ever built in CONGO GREEN

SOLD

CURRENT 2012 Manual, leather, sat nav GT 335 in SWIFT GREEN

1 of only 6 manual Swift Green GT’s and 1 of only 21 Swift Green GT’s in total
GTP 044 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #37
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

hey I said NO to a 351 xy for $1400, because I wanted a panel van!

classics are hard to pick. I had a v8 leyland p76 which I thought would be an overnight classic, but even now they are not in the same class as the fords of the same age.

A friend has a vb commy, the first of the commy series, slr with all the works. what's it worth....just about nothing. that came out in 1979, he thought it would appreciate as it was the first of the series. I guess he's dreaming.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #38
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
I wouldnt have thought so, you always hear people saying "oh I used to have a phase 3 blah blah blah wish i knew itd be worth something and hadnt have sold it (how many phase 3's can there be? honestly, every 10th person says the same story) They all traded it in for the new model with the electric aerials and fancy radio not thinking anything of it.
You're not wrong, reasons I think for this- 1. The cars changed hands pretty often in many cases so 1 GT could have seen many owners, and 2. Many people that owned them aren't the kind of enthusiasts you get on this site, they just liked the car or wanted something fast, and think that an XY GT and Phase 3 are the same thing.

Jack
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post