Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #31
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

If you smoke in the car I think they hit you up.
Old 16-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #32
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I only hire off Hertz these days. Best service i've had out of any of the major renters by far. And being a 'club 1 gold' member at most locations you simply look for your name and bay number on the board, go straight to the car, keys and paperwork are in the car, show your license and hand back the condition report at boom gate on the way out. Takes all of 2 minutes to pick up. You dont have to pay a bond, or pay anything up front, hire charge is deducted once you return the vehicle. All your preferences are stored in your online profile so to book you simply select the dates and pickup/return locations and you're done. Because i have an RAC membership i also recieve a discount on the accident excess reduction that pretty much equalled the cost of my RAC membership after 1 x 4 day hire.

I've left items in the cars before and hertz have express posted the items back to me within days without me even asking. If i accidently leave a CD or anything in the car i've gotten it back every time.

After Tuff truck last year our statesman looked like it'd been around australia so we squirted it off at a carwash up the road from sydney airport. We were then cleaning all of our crap out of the car upon return and the attendant told us there was no need to clean it, or get our crap out, all part of their service. Said short of someone spewing in the car, spilling something that needed steam cleaning, or puffing on cigars for a week they dont charge for cleaning.

G6E i returned a few weeks ago to melbourne airport was touched up in a car park by someone who left no details, nice white scrape marks down the rhs of the rear bumper and onto the quarter. Showed the attendant upon return, never heard anything of it.

Returned a 25 seater bus 5 hours late a month ago and wasn't charged

Been a long time since i've dealt with any company regularly who i simply cannot fault their service and who really have gone out of their way to accomodate.
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #33
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I use hertz too and never clean them... THey are usually pretty dirty once ive finished with them, the last black XR6 in melbourne you couldnt read the number plate for bugs.. But no i dont leave food crap in the car..

Another point id like to add is damage?? This particular XR6 was damn knocked around and while i tried to mark the damage report as good as possible before i left the airport i found more wrong with it while i was using it.. I cant believe how poorly some of these cars are treated.. While i dont wash them I still try and look after them!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2009, 11:16 AM   #34
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been with Hertz #1 Gold for a while, but keep getting screwed. Booked a Statesman and they tried to charge me 4 for an 'upgrade' to a Calais. Wonder how I would go down with Holden trying to buy one on that argument. Was refunded when I questioned though. There were still 4 left in the garage when I left. I understand that the advertised make is not always available, but there were plenty of Fairlanes left and all I wanted was a Group F.

Going to give Thrifty Blue Chip a try. I do try and return them basically clean. Never anything inside and the Calais I had a few weeks ago scored some bird bombs to I cleaned those off pretty quick smart.
Old 16-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #35
LTDHO
The one and only

If you are not a pig then I don't see the problem!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #36
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
I use hertz too and never clean them... THey are usually pretty dirty once ive finished with them, the last black XR6 in melbourne you couldnt read the number plate for bugs.. But no i dont leave food crap in the car..

Another point id like to add is damage?? This particular XR6 was damn knocked around and while i tried to mark the damage report as good as possible before i left the airport i found more wrong with it while i was using it.. I cant believe how poorly some of these cars are treated.. While i dont wash them I still try and look after them!
I dont think the attandants at most hertz pick up locations are too fussed with spotting damage. Unless it came back looking like it'd had a decent whack they never seem to care.
The last black FG XR6 i picked up from melbourne had 30,000ks on the clock and had been trhough the rotating brush car wash so many times you could see primer coming through the paint.
They're always miles over due for a service too.
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #37
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
How could a headlight protector cost that much? Or was the "headlight protector" the front mudguard?

By the way, I have a specific insurance policy through ANZ Bank with a $125 annual premium that covers me for any excess charged by a hire car company both here and anywhere overseas.
No the charge was for a headlight protector that simple, I'm just telling what i paid.
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #38
colossus
Secret Sleuth

This is just one of those clauses that is built in for extreme circumstances. I highly doubt you will ever be charged it unless you completley trash the car. There is no need to wash and vac the car. Just remove food wrappers.