Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #31
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Re: 2013 ST Fiesta Review, pics and video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetman View Post
I wanna know Spoolman, How did you get into those recaro seats?
Had another look at the Focus ST yesterday and the recaro seat bolstering is much higher and tighter on the Focus, the Fiesta ST recaro will accommodate a larger behind.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #32
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
$25,990???? The official Ford Australia website has them starting at $29,990? I think they are a awesome looking car and would love to replace my ageing 1997 Festiva. But don't think I will get the 400,000km+ out of one of these like I have my trusty festiva and they are fairly expensive for a small run around.

Cheers Ryan
21psi might hinder longevity a little bit...
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #33
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
I can't stop thinkin how awesome it is that ford have built this cool car that eats the much raved about brz/86 and does it cheaper, faster,cooler. But its fwd ahh well
Proof that a car's awesomeness isn't dependant purely on it's drive configuration?
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #34
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Went and checked one out today... I'm sold.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #35
Cuyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
$25,990???? The official Ford Australia website has them starting at $29,990? I think they are a awesome looking car and would love to replace my ageing 1997 Festiva. But don't think I will get the 400,000km+ out of one of these like I have my trusty festiva and they are fairly expensive for a small run around.

Cheers Ryan
They are not that small, I don't think they are any smaller in the interior than say a Magna or an early Commodore, I've been all over the country in one with months worth of luggage for two and space was a non issue. The turbo may not see 400,000kms but I'd be surprised if the rest of the motor wasn't still very good by then. The price is 25,990, not sure what drugs Fords website is on, I've been trying to get a look at one but there's non in stock anywhere around here.

Last edited by Cuyper; 07-09-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Cuyper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #36
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuyper View Post
They are not that small, I don't think they are any smaller in the interior than say a Magna or an early Commodore, I've been all over the country in one with months worth of luggage for two and space was a non issue. The turbo may not see 400,000kms but I'd be surprised if the rest of the motor wasn't still very good by then. The price is 25,990, not sure what drugs Fords website is on, I've been trying to get a look at one but there's non in stock anywhere around here.
After government fees/onroads most are advertised 28-29
Old 10-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #37
XR4568

I have a firm quote in writing in an email from the salesperson on an in-stock black ST for $27,384. Other mob quoted $28,990.

If they can source a blue one, that's a great price. Might even push my luck for tint thrown in
XR4568 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #38
UKXR8

I don't know if they are the same spec over there, but the ST2 comes with "privacy glass" over here.

2003 AU3 XR8 MANUAL

1998 EL XR6
UKXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #39
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKXR8 View Post
I don't know if they are the same spec over there, but the ST2 comes with "privacy glass" over here.
Our ST picks up some bits from both ST1 and 2. It's sort of an ST 1.5 I guess. No privacy glass
Old 12-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #40
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKXR8 View Post
Our ST picks up some bits from both ST1 and 2. It's sort of an ST 1.5 I guess. No privacy glass.
Old 13-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #41
falcon convert

I took one for a test drive earlier in the week. Bottom line....... I want one.

I would absolutely love to have this for our "fun car", parked in the driveway next to the Territory (our "practical, comfy car). I have been in autos too long and am craving a return to manuals.

However, the challenge will be getting it past the Minister for War and Finance and I am afraid the negotiations are not off to a good start. This is one of those rare moments where being single and only needing to think about myself would be good. But "her indoors" must be happy too - love trumps a Fiesta ST. I'll keep working on it.
Old 13-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #42
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Mine is the opposite and is encouraging me to sell off my 3 cars and motorcycle and get a fiesta st
Old 17-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #43
XF_Pilot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

has anyone else had a test drive yet? thoughts?

Ford has been a bit slow to advertise, maybe they think it should sell itself, I suppose it will
XF_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #44
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've driven one, absolutely loved it. Possibly more fun to drive than my Focus ST in some ways.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post