Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #31
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bridal Party Burnouts

It is nice to see that no Ford people would ever be that reckless
CyberWasp is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 11:51 AM   #32
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo_021 View Post
These days you can die while playing cricket, really anything you do you can die from if you look at it that way.. I never said they are pro's, they just know how to handle a car.
Ask any of my year 11/12 Automotive students and they'll tell you that they know how to 'handle a car'. Does not mean they can...

Dying from playing cricket or other activities is so rare that it pales into insignificance compared to injury and deaths by people who know how to 'handle a car'...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #33
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing more Australian than making burnouts illegal so we can all feel like ned kelly when we drop one

ra ra fight the powa
falconnut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #34
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Modern Australia has lost the plot. Bring back the 60s and 70s with real politicians, real policemen, and outside of suburbia and major cities you could drive however fast you want and it was single carriageway. Would give up anything for a modern re-enactment of HO up the hume in the last XR8 or last of the GT without getting the car impounded and being put in maximum security cell for it..
Just remember that 3 or 4 times the amount of people died on the roads then as compared to now. That does not sound like 'Australia has lost the plot'. Does anybody remember the Campaign 550 in the early 80s? That's what the target was to decrease the road toll in Queensland to...

PS: Could posters please refrain from presenting populist/self opinionated sentiment as some sort of yardstick to measure reality by...

Last edited by superyob; 29-03-2015 at 12:08 PM.
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 12:25 PM   #35
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

I think many people confuse the enjoyment side of it with the entitlement right side of it.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #36
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some expensive cars in that vid.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 12:34 PM   #37
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All I could think of was how many of those cars are re-birthed or bought with proceeds of crime. The people in the video don't have the brain power for a good job to pay for those cars. The p-plater with an amg merc hmm wonder how he got it uleh.
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 01:28 PM   #38
Chopped
as in chopped

Who is more bogan, Aussies or Lebos ?
Old 29-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #39
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the bride and groom are into that and are happy to have a car drift around them...... I say good luck to them......... But doing it in the burbs is just bull****, by all means away from the general population in a controlled safe manner...... No kids standing alone on the side of the road watching .
If that occurred in my street I'd be pretty annoyed.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #40
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2 View Post
They will wash away in a month or two.
yea nah, roast them in they last for years

mineral turps / stiff broom / high pressure cleaner can reduce the impact
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 03:48 PM   #41
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Watched the video, enjoy a good burn out but this is just stupid and ridiculous, anyone supporting this idiocy should also lose their license.

Seriously if this was my street, I would be out for blood, imagine being a neighbour or having your car parked in that street?? Imagine trying to sell your house with the street all ripped up??

Imagine if a car blew a tire and plowed through the crowd, killing party goers by the dozen?? Just too much to go wrong. Love the I know how to handle a car comments, I bet most people making those comments are probably least able to handle a car, just like the people that talk themselves up the most usually know the least.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 04:56 PM   #42
You Yangs
Dunnydore Destroyer

I don't enjoy burnouts/donuts PERIOD. Stupidity on a public street and pointless in an controlled environment.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #43
Lunch
Wait, what?

Who gives a *****, you all sound like a pack of old biddys, do u not remember doin burnouts when you were younger? I sure as hell do and if i had cars anywhere near as powerful as some of those im sure i wouldve done more, obviously no1 got hurt and even if they did, do you know them? So what difference would it make to you?
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #44
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
As long as they pay for their own medical expenses (not taxpayers) when their idiocy goes wrong...
Exactly. "Time and place" tosspots...everyone likes a little fun, but suburban streets aren't the "place"...

Back around 2000 there used to be a bloke who did burnouts quite regularly on the corner outside our house when we lived in Bundy...all hours of the day and night, no thought to who was around, kids on bikes, whatever. Police were called a few times by various neighbours...us included when he nearly hit our son riding home from school one afternoon...but this was the days before "hoon laws" so he didn't lose his car.
Then it turned out he lived just down the road, and left his car parked on a sloping dirt driveway each night. By the road. Where anyone could, for example, creep down there at 2am and jam several large nails in front of and behind all four tyres. Just sayin'. It was tragic when it happened. No idea who did it either. *cough*...

He ended up as he deserved about a month later...he lost control and went over a rather deep gutter at full throttle and through someones fence, stopping inches from the house. Nearly tore the front wheels clean off the VS Commodore and did a hell of a lot of damage underneath by the amount of oil and auto trans fluid everywhere. He wasn't hurt...badly...but it was just lucky he didn't clean someone up.

Last edited by 2011G6E; 29-03-2015 at 05:55 PM.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 05:59 PM   #45
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Who gives a *****, you all sound like a pack of old biddys, do u not remember doin burnouts when you were younger? I sure as hell do and if i had cars anywhere near as powerful as some of those im sure i wouldve done more, obviously no1 got hurt and even if they did, do you know them? So what difference would it make to you?
Yep you are correct us old biddy's have done burn outs in the old days but I would say when I did mine they were no where near residential areas or any where near people, I would imagine you are the type of person who would risk injuring or possibly kill some one doing stupid acts.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 06:03 PM   #46
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the key message here is to be very wary about buying a used C63 from Revesby or Bankstown.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #47
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I doubt the bride would have been impressed if the police showed up. Time and place and that was neither.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #48
Lunch
Wait, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
I would imagine you are the type of person who would risk injuring or possibly kill some one doing stupid acts.
You can imagine all you want about me, doesnt make you right.
Im the first person to admit i was young and dumb, yes i did lose my license for reckless driving though the only person ive ever put in danger is myself and im no longer as young or as dumb.
Im just curious, whos the bigger idiot, the person doing the burnout that loses control and hurts some1 or the some1 thats standing close enough to get hurt?
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 07:14 PM   #49
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS69 View Post
The neighbours must be happy when it comes time to sell the house with all those black marks on the street.
Thats got nothing on Goonawarra in Sunbury for any Melbournites who know the area

The main road into the joint has been autographed by many a Holden single spinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Yangs View Post
I don't enjoy burnouts/donuts PERIOD. Stupidity on a public street and pointless in an controlled environment.
I like donuts, especially ones from Donut King with heaps of glasing on them, you're missing out bro. All my donuts are eaten in a controlled environment, provided seat and table.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 07:26 PM   #50
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
You can imagine all you want about me, doesnt make you right.
Im the first person to admit i was young and dumb, yes i did lose my license for reckless driving though the only person ive ever put in danger is myself and im no longer as young or as dumb.
Im just curious, whos the bigger idiot, the person doing the burnout that loses control and hurts some1 or the some1 thats standing close enough to get hurt?
Let me guess.
Would the idiot going to jail be the person doing the burnout? and would the idiot going to hospital be some1 thats standing close enough to get hurt?
Now let me think about this for a sec, who's in the wrong here?
They may well both be idiots, but only one of them is doing something illegal.
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt

Last edited by RANGEREST; 29-03-2015 at 07:48 PM.
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 07:32 PM   #51
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yawn...whats for tea is more important to me. Different town different situation but same thing happening,burnouts. Over glorification by the media and some stupid idiots doing skids on the street and letting them selves be filmed doing it thinking it really OK to do so.

Both as stupid as each other,reporters and car owners.Delete em both from society and we are all happy.
mex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 07:33 PM   #52
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
Let me guess.
Would be the idiot going to jail be the person doing the burnout? and would the idiot going to hospital be some1 thats standing close enough to get hurt?
Now let me think about this for a sec, who's in the wrong here?
They may well both be idiots, but only one of them is doing something illegal.
If you stand close enough to someone doing that you deserve the Darwin award.
5 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #53
Havoc
Banned

yes how dare they i mean regular people walking down the street while people are doing burnouts whats next people all over the road in the city when im trying to drift around tight city streets the sheer bald faced cheek to be in my way when im breaking the lawwww hang them all i say.
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2015, 09:25 PM   #54
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

I thought all you needed to do was drop some dry ice into a bucket of water to get that smokey romantic environment on the dance floor for your wedding parade and 1st dance......

C63 AMG smoke machine must have cost a fortune....ha ha
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #55
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
yes how dare they i mean regular people walking down the street while people are doing burnouts whats next people all over the road in the city when im trying to drift around tight city streets the sheer bald faced cheek to be in my way when im breaking the lawwww hang them all i say.
Because you couldn't hear it coming ? Thats why we as a society are held back because of people that think like that.We have to accommodate the lowest common denominator.

Theres enough aca people on here that take this whole internet thing to seriously and look to blame instead of preventative thinking cos we need more of that for sure.
Old 29-03-2015, 09:51 PM   #56
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by mex351 View Post
Because you couldn't hear it coming ? Thats why we as a society are held back because of people that think like that.We have to accommodate the lowest common denominator.

Theres enough aca people on here that take this whole internet thing to seriously and look to blame instead of preventative thinking cos we need more of that for sure.
So what you're saying is it's my job as a pedestrian to listen out for some ****wit doing a burnout down my street and hide behind a fence or something? It's my job as a driver on the highway to just "get out of the way" of a ******** drifting over four lanes?

Oooookkkkkkkkaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy......

Figured the sane thing would be to, oh, I dunno, not be a ****wit in built up areas.

I'm not even 30 yet, and my lot used to at the very least go to the industrial areas when they were vacant to try and do the biggest skids bruh.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #57
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Going on that video though .... I think Tracy Grimshaw is guilty of too many donuts as well. But that wasn't pointed out at the time.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #58
Tom Tucker

Outrageous.

In light of this footage we should immediately demand legislation to introduce mandatory jail time for any incident involving wheel spin. While we're at it, lets make sure every vehicle has an electronic monitoring device so that we can address this degradation of society by automatically fining non law abiding motorists.

We need to do something about these rubber burning terrorists and their four wheeled missiles. Think of the children!
Tom Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2015, 11:15 PM   #59
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Now whilst I think burnouts are dumb, and prove nothing. Let's face it anything with 200hp can do a burnout. One thing confuses me greatly.

Now for some unpopular statistics. We have had 70 people killed on Victorian Roads this year, and hundreds more injured. Of these how many were actually burning rubber.

I get the risks. I'm particularly unhappy about seeing the kid standing beside the road, but it's about time some reality got back into the road saftey debate.
Old 29-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #60
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is pretty disappointing to see how many think this is acceptable behaviour. It is up there with one of the reasons I can't wait to get out the where I currently live. Every idiot has to drop burnout whenever they see fit.

I have seen a bloke knock down a lightpole which nearly fell on a house. Sure no one died but I bet you'd be less than impressed if it had of fallen on your house. It sure ****ed the whole street off!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post