Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #31
Bossxr8
Peter Car

The Koreans still have a lot to learn about driving dynamics. They couldn't get a decent steering and suspension setup to save themselves.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #32
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

true, but i also work ford a Ford/ hyundai dealer, and although id never own a hyundai, they kill the fords build quality wise, and the v6 in the new granduer puts out 190+ Kw so a V8 could be interesting
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 02:51 PM   #33
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When the Button plan was created, Australia manufactured more cars than South Korea did. Have a look at the numbers now.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #34
kwonie
Be the Reds!

Though Hyundai don't release good cars here.. they are much better in Korea. The cars, I have seen improvements in most areas, I have sat and driven in many different models.. high class to low class cars. As I am a Korean.. do regular trips for family and business. They are getting there ..slowly.
kwonie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #35
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

like someone else said - "we" used to talk about japenese cars in the same way... look at lexus. Comparable if not superior to ze germans ... who'dve thunk it. Mark my words. HYUNDAI will beat toyota in in sales in my lifetime.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #36
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx3dude
like someone else said - "we" used to talk about japenese cars in the same way... look at lexus. Comparable if not superior to ze germans ... who'dve thunk it. Mark my words. HYUNDAI will beat toyota in in sales in my lifetime.
Least someone had the guts to say it.
If Korean cars stay cheaper and get as good a build quality as the Japanese, than they will have something to worry about.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #37
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I couldn't bring myself to believe I was driving a Hyundai....with a V8 in it...Something would feel out of place...like a big empty void...
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #38
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

And the good news is the cars they release here are 6-12 months after they are released in Korea, so we would get the equivalent of a series 2 car badged as a series 1 and many of the bugs are weeded out in the korean series 1 cars.

the Kia Magentis and the new mid sized holden (daewoo whatever), their bread and butter largish car (and are taxis in korea) and have been on the road for almost a year already.

pretty smart if you ask me......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #39
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Genesis details and pics.

Preshow official pics from Hyundai

Quote:
Autoblog
Apparently, Hyundai just lifted an embargo on the first round of images of its Genesis concept, due to be unveiled at next month's New York Auto Show.

Although labeled as a "concept," Hyundai's heads are already speaking as if the Genesis has been green-lit for production, saying that the all new, rear-wheel-drive sedan will look very much like the concept and will carry a price tag "well under $30,000.US"

What badge will appear on the trunk lid when it hits dealerships in 2008 is up in the air, but according to The Car Connection, several details seem to be decided on. First, a new "Tau" V8, producing over 300 HP, will find its way under the hood, giving the RWD sedan a 53:47 weight distribution and propelling it to 60mph in less than six seconds. The automaker made overtures that the new powertrain may come in different displacements, possibly sporting a 3.6-liter V6, and could even be produced with some form of forced induction. Hybrid versions seem to be on the table as well.

As for features, expect the Genesis to come with HID headlamps, nav, active cruise control, HD radio, Bluetooth, stability control and side airbags; the last two being designed into the concept. All those features allow Hyundai to set its sights squarely on much higher priced German metal, and that's exactly what they've intended
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #40
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

As a couple of people have said, Hyundai is on the up for sure. They have sorted there drivetrains out, now they have nice styling, get the build quality right and their home.

You cant tell me that the new sonata and Sante Fe are ugly, I like the look of the latter, even over the territory.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #41
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
As a couple of people have said, Hyundai is on the up for sure. They have sorted there drivetrains out, now they have nice styling, get the build quality right and their home.

You cant tell me that the new sonata and Sante Fe are ugly, I like the look of the latter, even over the territory.
That's exactly why I posted this thread. Bigger threat than people would first think, if it was here then Aurion/Camry would even be scared.

The pics look a bit 5-7 series BMW, a bit BA Falcon, and a bit Honda Legend - to my eye anyway.
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post